InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fragment of Life II ❯ I’ll Free You ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here I am again, updating on this fanfic. Sorry for the delay. Updates are going slow. I have 4 other fanfics I’m working on that need updates more then this one. Bear with me, I’m trying to juggle Vocational school and these projects around.

Anyway, here’s chapter 6!

I I I

Fragment of Life II

Chapter 6: I’ll Free You

By: Oneesan no Miroku Houshi

I I I

“I’ll kill you.” Hiten told the group, his eyes voice of any signs of life as he rushed down at Inuyasha.

The hanyou looked over his shoulder. “Kagome, you and the others get Akina as far away from here as you can.”

“Right.”

The schoolgirl grabbed Akina’s hand and she, Sango and Miroku began to run away from the battle scene as Inuyasha and Hiten began round two of their battle.

“Pickin’ up from last time, I see? What you can’t accept defeat the first time around?” Inuyasha taunted.

“We shall see who gets defeated this time.” The young demon replied, as the clashing of blades could be heard echoing throughout the plains of Japan.

The red haired woman looked back at the fight. She could see the two going at it and gave a sad look.

“Kagome?” She asked in a dejected voice.

“Yeah?” The other girl replied. “What are Shikon Shards? I know that they make you powerful or something to that effect. That’s what Hiten told me…When we were together, but why’s everyone out to get them? And who’s Naraku, all of you have told me he was evil, but what’s this have to do with anything? What’s wrong with Hiten? Why’s he trying to kill Inuyasha again?”

“Naraku is an evil hanyou who wants the Shikon Shards to become full demon and wreak havoc on all of Japan. Everyone’s out to get them because they have tremendous magical powers. They were protected by a priestess named Kikyou long ago. Hiten’s being controlled by the power of one of the Shikon Shards and is now under Naraku’s control. He’s being kept alive by Naraku and his use of the shard. As long as the shard is inside of Hiten’s body, he’ll stay alive.” Kagome explained.

“And if someone takes it out?” Akina questioned.

“Then Hiten will die.”

“I see. So we have to defeat Hiten and put him to rest.” Chocolate eyes saddened. “There’s no other way.”

“I’m really sorry Akina.” Kagome replied. “I know you loved him. There’s someone here who’s lost a loved one to Naraku.”

“Really? Who?” The red haired maiden asked a quizzical look on her face.

“Sango lost her brother, Kohaku to Naraku long ago.”

She looked to Sango. “I’m so sorry Sango, I feel you pain.”

“I think this is far enough.” The Taiji-ya stopped on the outskirts of the battle field.

All of them turned around to see Hiten and Inuyasha in the middle of a heated battle. Both were trying their best to defeat the other, it was all a struggle for power, jewel shards and life itself.

Tetsusaiga clashing against Ragekijin, the sounds of blasts and ricochets were made from every angle. Battle noises could be heard echoing throughout the plains.

The hanyou seemed to be wearing down, whereas the Raijuu Brother was only in a light pant.

They broke off from battle.

“So, do you give up yet, Inuyasha?” Hiten asked with his usual arrogant tone.

‘What’s going on? Why do I feel as if I had been a part of something like this before? Why do I feel a sense of deja’vu?

Someone is controlling me…

Why are these people so familiar?’

‘Kill them.’

The braided man grabbed his head in agony once again.

“Ah! Get out of my head!”

“Eh?” Inuyasha looked confused.

‘Now it’s my time to attack.’ He thought as he rushed at Hiten, and hit him.

The thunder youkai went flying through the air and smashed into a cliff.

“What was that?” Miroku asked from the group.

“HITEN!” Akina turned around and yelled, desperation and fear evident in her voice.

‘It’s not you’re fault that you’re being controlled. No matter what, I’ll always love you, until the end of time…’

“Ugh…” Hiten rubbed his head. Inuyasha lunged at Hiten and he dodged out of the way, letting the hanyou smash into the rock with tremendous power.

“Hey!” He looked up at the Thunder Youkai.

“Time’s short, but mark my words, we will meet again, Inuyasha.” Hiten informed and quickly flew off into the distance, his new wheels of fire carrying him through the air at mock speed.

“Hey! COME BACK HERE!” The hanyou yelled, “COWARD!”

The others ran up to Inuyasha. The red haired girl ran a bit past him and put a hand up to her chest and looked up to the sky with sorrow in her eyes.

‘Oh Hiten…Will you ever be free?’

She felt a hand on her shoulder. The girl flinched at the contact and looked over her shoulder to see Sango wearing a look of concern on her face.

“Are you all right, Akina?”

“Yeah.” Akina looked to the ground. “I just wish none of this ever happened.”

“Wouldn’t it be great if things could be happy like that?”

“It would. But this is what’s happening now. We have to find a way to stop Naraku.” A determined look shown in Akina’s eyes.

“Right. I’ll assist in any way I can.” Sango obliged.

“Thanks Sango.” Akina turned around and beamed.

The demon slayer smiled in return.

Kagome walked up to the two women. “What now?”

Miroku and Shippou followed, Inuyasha lugged the Tetsusaiga over to them.

“We find Naraku and try to figure out what he’s up to, that’s what.”

Akina looked at Inuyasha.

‘He wants to find Naraku, just like I do, but what is he going to do with Hiten? I mean, I don’t think he wants to set him free. I think he wants to settle old scores from long ago when he and Hiten were fighting for the Shikon Shards.

I have to watch him and see what he’s going to do. I will free Hiten!

No matter what…’

TBC

A/N: Well, there’s another chapter of Fragment of Life II. Sorry for the long updates! This fanfic is giving me some problems, but as soon as I can work them out I’ll be back to more frequent updates!

Please RR!