InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fragment of Life II ❯ Is This A Nightmare? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, here is chapter 5, for all of those who were wondering. I’m not dead. I’ve just been dealing with some plot issues. Sorry for the delay. For those who wanted Hiten, he’s in this chapter.

Sorry for the delay, as I have said before, and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Vv

Fragment of Life II

Chapter 5: Is This A Nightmare?

Vv

The group traveled for many days. Akina was doing her best to keep up with the travelers, but she wasn’t used to traveling such long distances daily. The red haired maiden had stayed with them, and was baffled by why they would keep her around, though she was the lover and mate of the murderous youkai, Hiten.

How could these people forgive her so easily?

Well, all except Inuyasha…

Inuyasha had frightened Akina, as he had so many years ago, when she was with Hiten. She had remembered how Inuyasha had wanted to kill her and Hiten both, but Kagome had stopped him.

Kagome had been so nice to her, ever since that day.

Many moments passed by in silence as they all walked. Miroku and Sango seemed strange to her. She hadn’t recognized them, and she didn’t even think that they were present the time that Hiten had fought Inuyasha. The only ones present at that battle was Inuyasha, Myouga, Kagome and Shippou.

Perhaps Kagome had met them after Hiten had died.

They seemed nice enough, especially Sango and Miroku.

“Something wrong?” Sango asked when she saw Akina staring at her.

“Oh, nothing, I just…”

“LOOK OUT!”

Inuyasha called as the land around them began to glow a rich yellow, a blinding color, such as that of the sun itself. Chunks of the land around them had become separate from the land and flew up into the air around them. Everyone in the group felt themselves being propelled backwards. They all landed on the ground a way away from their original positions.

“What was that?” Miroku asked, struggling to push himself up off of the ground.

“Ugh…” Kagome groaned in pain.

“What in the world was that!?” Shippou asked, looking around frantically.

Akina slowly got up from the ground.

“What the-?” The golden eyed hanyou’s voice was heard in replied.

Kagome looked up and threw her hand over her mouth as she let out a tiny gasp.

“Huh?” Akina replied, before looking in Kagome’s direction.

‘It can’t be…’ Her chocolate eyes widened. ‘No…’

“It’s Hiten!” Shippou called out, pointing.

‘It’s Hiten.’

II

There, in the sky, floating on his infamous wheels of fire was the mighty Thunder youkai, Hiten. He was floating there, holding the Ragekijin firmly in his right hand. The man smiled the smug smile as he looked down upon all of the humans, youkai and hanyou below him.

“Hiten!” Akina yelled out and outstretched toward the sky.

Soon afterward, her mouth was covered by a harsh clawed hand. She turned her head frantically to see Inuyasha beside of her.

“What are you trying to do, get us killed?”

Tears began to stream out of her eyes.

“Aw, come on. Don’t cry…”

“Can you blame her? She been missing him for a while and he was though to be dead. But now he’s alive. She’s probably happy to be with him.” Shippou replied.

“Wait!” Kagome called out to them. “Something’s not right here!”

“Huh?” Akina looked back at Kagome, almost in unison with the dog-eared hanyou.

“I sense some shards of Sacred Jewel.” Kagome replied.

“What?” Inuyasha asked.

Finding her escape the red haired maiden ran over to her lover.

“Hey! Wait!” Inuyasha held out a hand to her.

“I guess that man is Hiten.” Sango told Miroku.

“But if there are Jewel Shards, then….” Miroku’s eyes widened. “She could be in danger. Naraku must have put the shards of the Sacred Jewel to revive her lover and put him against Inuyasha.”

“Akina, wait!” Sango called out after her, but it was too late. Akina had already ran out of Hiten.

The Thunder youkai looked at the maiden, running towards him. Her chocolate eyes sparkling in happiness.

Red eyes looked down on her. ‘Keh, the fool.’

“Hiten!” The girl below waved her hands around. “It’s me, Akina! Don’t you remember me?”

‘Akina?’Hiten thought to himself. ‘Why does that name sound so familiar? Wait a minuet…Akina is…”

Suddenly, Hiten could feel a painful pulsating spread throughout his body, emitting a painful yell from the Raijuu Brother.

“Ahhh! What’s happening to me?!” Hiten yelled as he clutched the side of his head with his hands, dropping the Raigekijin. The blade sticking into the ground below.

He could hear a viscous voice reverberating from the back of his head.

‘Kill them.’

‘What?...Who are you? What’s going on? I…I…I…’

‘Kill them.’

Slowly, no matter how much the youkai fought back, the sinister evil seemed to be taking him over, bit by bit.

“Hiten! What’s wrong?” The red haired maiden continued to ask.

Sango ran over to Akina and got in a protective stance. “We’ve got to get away from him. Come on, Akina.”

“But…He’s alive. He’s actually alive. I thought I saw him die, but Buddah has been kind to me and blessed me with his resurrection. “She smiled.

Sango gave her a sympathetic look. ‘She really must miss him. But, Naraku is controlling him, just as he is controlling Kohaku. ‘

“I’m sorry Akina, Naraku is controlling Hiten. He doesn’t remember you.”

“What?” The brown-eyed maiden replied, seeming almost in a tragic disbelief. “Who’s Naraku?”

Suddenly, a blast came their direction. Sango grabbed Akina around the waist and jumped out of the way.

“Naraku is an evil demon. He’s controlling Hiten and also my brother. Since Kagome sensed jewel shards, then Naraku probably revived Hiten by use of the Jewel. “

“Sacred Jewel?” Akina had been confused by this whole thing.

‘What’s the Sacred Jewel? What are they talking about? Naraku? Who’s that? And…What would he want with Hiten?’

Akina had no idea what was going on. Why did Hiten try to kill her? Did he not remember her? Akina was so confused. She didn’t know what was going on.

And she wanted answers.

TBC

A/N: Sorry about the wait. The next chapter should be out sooner. It’s just hard to write a fanfic with this kind of content. Oh, and by the way, flaming will only make me write more on this and my other stories, so you won’t get me down that way. I will write twice as much if you leave a nice review for me. Flames are products of jealousy of the authors natural talent, in which, they could never achieve.

People just don’t know the meaning of IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, DON”T REVIEW IT. I hate antagonistic people who just call attention to themselves.

Anyway, to all of my loyal fans, please review