InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Hey there! This fic is an idea inspired from the song Bring me to Life by Evanescence. Hope you like!~*~

"blah"= talking

'blah' = thinking

(blah)= me popping in and out to annoy you all.

DISCLAIMER: I own only my story and my original characters. There probably won't be any in this fic, but just in case… I DON"T OWN INUYASHA!!!! ::sobs::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room was all white. Very white. Maybe a little too white. My eyes wandered around the hideous white room until a equally hideous white door opened. A woman in, you guessed it, white walked in and over to me. "How are we feeling today?"

I looked at her like she was an idiot, which she probably was. "I feel like I've been hit by a truck."

"Well, you were so that's no surprise. Good thing you're a hanyou or you wouldn't have survived Mr. Inu Yasha."

As if I wanted to remind myself I was a worthless hanyou. Thanks a lot lady. I sat up and stared at her. "How long have I been here?"

"About a week. You're friend is still asleep thought."

A very loud scream was heard as well as a loud slap. "HENTAI!" I just smirked. "I think he's awake now." The woman looked worried and ran out of the room to help the other nurse.

That's typical Miroku for you. A Buddhist monk, but the biggest pervert ever born. How we wound up becoming best friends, I still don't know. He just follows me around nowadays, which is probably why he got hit too. Sometimes I swear he has to be part demon too. I mean he runs as fast as me sometimes and can survive a lot. (Tell me you've all noticed that!!!!)

Speak of the devil, he just walked into the room with a white robe over his hospital gown. What is it with white and these people? He had on a serious face while he sported a new red hand print. "How are you feeling Inu Yasha?"

"I've been better. Can we get out of here now?"

"They want to check us out for further injuries. Good thing we were brought to this hospital. It's the only one around here that will treat non-humans as well. You'd think after all this time people would be okay with it all."

I growled. About 100 years ago, there had been a treaty between humans and youkai. Basically it was an equal rights thing. A lot of people weren't happy with it and everything was still very separate. "Who cares? I heal quickly anyway. Let's get out of here."

"Inu Yasha. I just told you they want to look us over again."

I growled again and grabbed the nearby robe. Take a wild guess what color. I threw it on and got up. "Might as well walk around. I don't want to become weak like you humans."

"Ha ha. Come on. Let's go by the nurses' station."

"Umm you go there. I'll just walk. Or maybe I should go to protect them from you."

Miroku put up a hand to his chest and faked hurt. "Why Inu Yasha. I would never do anything to those beautiful women."

"Like you did to that other one a few minutes ago?"

"I can't help it. It should be a sin for women to be that beautiful. Buddha wouldn't approve."

I just rolled my eyes and went to my walking. As said, Miroku went ahead to the nurses' station. Wait about five minutes and you'll hear another scream and slap. What a baka.

The whole hospital was the same color- white. Someone must have liked that color a little too much. Not that I don't like white, I mean my hair is white, but this is just too much. Each hallway was the same. Frustrated, I headed back to my room to just lie down. There was nothing to anyway.

I looked out the window to see it was midday, around noon.

*HENTAI!* *SMACK*

I'm glad Miroku's having fun, that poor perverted fool. I shook my head and just stared out the window.

~Later that day~

It was now night and the other patience were asleep. Miroku had been strapped down to his bed by one of the nurses he groped one too many times and given a sedative to put him to sleep. That's what you get I guess.

Even though it was night, I couldn't sleep. I just stared out the window into the night sky. I loved looking at the stars with my mother when she was alive. She died when I was little. That's all I'm getting into it.

Suddenly, I felt there was someone else in the room. I looked and saw a woman standing by the wall, staring at me with these scared brown eyes. (going by anime) Her raven hair was a mess as it fell down her shoulders. Why did she look so scared? And why was she in my room?

I shifted a bit in the bed, careful not to frighten her with the sudden movements. "Who are you?" I whispered. Her eyes focused on my golden ones, sending a chill down my spine.

"Help me please."

"What's wrong?"

"He did this to me. Please help me. Wake me up from this darkness. Please, before it's too late."

I grew more curious to this female. "What makes you think I can help?"

"You have a light around you. Please, you are the only one that can help me. I've been frozen for so long…"

The woman stared to fade in front of my eyes. I panicked and cried out to her, "Who are you? Where can I find you?"

When she was almost gone, I heard her voice call to me a number. "1613." With that said, she was gone.

~Morning~

It was really early in the morning. I knew that because the sun had just entered my room. That idiot nurse was already here with that stuff they call food. Pushing it to the side, I got up to ponder what the woman had said. 1613. Could that possibly be a room number?

With that idea, I walked down the very very white hallways and looked for this magical room number.

I looked at all the room numbers, but to my surprise they only went up to 1612. That didn't make sense. I looked in that room and saw an old man talking to a boy in the bed.

"Did she come to you again last night?"

The boy shook his head. "She had told me the other night she might have found someone to help her though. She might have gone to see him instead."

The man thought about this. "This could be true."

"What did the doctor say?"

"They still don't believe us. He said if you keep injuring yourself just to talk to this 'fantasy girl', he'd call the Child Abuse center on me. Maybe it's time we-"

"No! I know she's alive! I just know it!" The boy looked down and whispered softly, "I already lost momma. I can't lose her too."

The man sat on the bed and took the boy into a hug. "Oh Souta. I'm sorry. I know you saw something. Maybe she still is with us."

As much as I hated to ruin this little moment, I walked into the boy's room. "I'm sorry. I couldn't help but overhear."

The old man pushed the boy behind him and pointed at me. "Demon! Stay away from him!"

I sighed. Same old reaction. "Calm down old man. I mean no harm. I came to ask about this girl you're talking about."

They looked at each other and then back at me. The young one, Souta I think the man said, was the one to speak. "Why would you want to know about her?"

"Well, some girl came into my room last night and said some stuff. I wanted to know what was going on."

This made the boy's eyes go wide as he sat up. "What did she say?"

"Something about saving her, he did it to her and a number. 1613."

They both thought about this. The boy looked at me again. "What did she look like?"

Her image appeared in my head again. "Raven hair that goes past her shoulders, brown eyes, kinda young I think."

The boy reached over in the drawer and pulled out something and held it out to me. "Is this her?"

I walked closer and picked up the picture. I was stunned. This girl was the same one I saw last night! Her eyes were lively though as compared to the terrified ones last night. She was also wearing a school uniform as opposed to the hospital gown, but it was definitely her. "Yes. This is her. Who is she?" I handed the picture back to him.

As he took it, a tear fell down his face. "That's my sister. Her name is Kagome Higurashi."

Kagome. So that's her name. A thought entered my mind I had to ask. "What happened to her?"

Tears were in both men's eyes. The old man spoke. "There was accident at the shrine we live at. A great explosion. When everything got under control, Kagome was…"

Souta spoke up. "It was no accident. Kagome told me so! It was him! He did because he hated us, hated her."

"What happened to her? What did she just disappear or something?"

"She was basically dead. Her heart beat was very faint when she was brought to the hospital. They saved her, but the next day, she was gone."

"Gone? As in dead?"

"As in her body was gone. The doctor there said she had died overnight and they took her body away. A few days after that Souta, who had broken his arm and had several burns, was taken to this hospital. That first night, he said he saw her speak to him that she was alive, but barely. No one believes us."

I stood there and processed all this information. This girl was calling to him and now to me. But why me? And how?

I didn't have time to ask any more questions though for the doctor walked in. "Good morning Souta. Who is this young man here?"

To prevent the boy from struggling, I piped up. "Inu Yasha."

He thought this over for a moment then nodded. "Ah yes. Room 1316. You're the one with the grope-and-run monk."

*Sweatdrop*

I sighed and rubbed my temples. "What did he do now?"

"I would keep an eye on him if you want him to survive the beatings from the female staff. If you'll excuse us, I need to check on Souta before I release him."

The boy started to protest, but a look from the old man told him to refrain from doing so. I nodded. "Just give me one more minute with him?"

"I'll be right out here." He stepped out into the hallway right outside the door, within hearing range.

I walked up close to Souta and asked him in a quiet voice so the doctor wouldn't hear, "Can I borrow this picture?"

A confused looked played on his face before he nodded. "Also write your phone number on the back."

He sat up with a spark in his eyes. "You mean you're gonna help her?"

"I'm gonna try." He smiled at me and I smiled back. He did as I asked and handed it to me. I nodded and put it in the pocket of my robe. As I turned to leave, I heard him say, "Good bye Inu Yasha!"

"See ya kid." I left and nodded at the doctor as I went back to my room. On the way there, I pulled out her picture again. Kagome Higurashi. I just made a promise to your brother to help you. I'll do all I can to keep my promise.

As I got near my room, I hear it again. *SMACK* "HENTAI!!!" I sighed and went into Miroku's room to prevent another female from killing him.

~*~So? How is it so far? More to come if you like… Ja ne! PLEASE REVIEW!!!~*~