InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Well, I'm glad you liked this so far. I hope you like it and don't forget to note. More notes= the more drive I have to update. Enjoy!~*~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day flew by rather quickly. Miroku was bed stricken now because of the beat downs he received. Would he never learn? They were finally smart enough to only give him male nurses. I guess humans learn alright, just not quickly.

The nurse from my room came and went now and then, but I didn't care. My mind was occupied on one thing. Kagome. Why had this girl called out to me? How could I help her and her family? I didn't know anything about her except what her brother believes he saw.

I sighed and leaned back in my bed. Why had I bothered anyway? She was just a human, right? I don't know though. Something told me I had to help anyway I could. I just had to. I took out her picture again to just stare at it. She was very pretty. It's hard to image someone could be that angry to try to kill her or something to that effect. She looked so… innocent, like she couldn't harm a fly. What could she have possibly done to tick someone off?

There was a knock on the door and I quickly put the picture away as I yelled for the person to come in. To my surprise, it was Souta and his grandpa. "Hey kid. What's up?"

He came over to the bed with a smile on his face. "Not much. They're sending me home. They still don't believe me, but now I don't have to worry. You'll be here for her. How long are you in for?"

I shrugged. "I'm in here until they kick me out basically."

He nodded. "I hope you can help her out by then."

"I will. Don't worry about it." A smile grew even wider on his face. "Hey kid. Tell me something. I'm assuming she only appears at night, but for how long?"

Souta looked at me and shrugged. "She would stay with me the entire night until I fell asleep. Why do you ask?"

"Well, she wasn't in here for that long, that's all."

Gramps cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, but we have to get going. Please don't hesitate to call if you find out anything." I nodded and he motioned for Souta to follow him.

He turned before he left. "Bye, Inu Yasha. Thank you!"

I smiled. "See ya around kid." With that, they left, leaving me to discover anything and everything I could about Kagome. I sure hope night would come quickly. I have a feeling this will take awhile.

~Night~

I sat there waiting for her to come. The clock showed it was 2 am. I was tempted to just get some sleep when she finally showed up.

"Welcome back Kagome."

She looked at me with this impressed look on her face. "How did you find out who I was?"

"I ran into your brother Souta and your grandpa. They were in room 1612. There is no 1613 in this hospital."

She shook her head. "Yes there is. He has made it so no one can see it. You will be able to. Come with me now. He is not there. I can prove it to you now."

As she started to move, I quickly got up and grabbed a robe as I ran out the door with her. While we were walking in the hallway, I looked her over. "Why would you come to me? You don't know anything about me."

"You have a light around you. I just know you are the one to help."

I shifted. "But I'm just some hanyou. What could I do?"

She stopped and looked at me. "It does not matter what you are on the outside. Your inner heart and soul shines a certain image and light that dictates who you are. You are the one that decides what it looks like. If all you see is someone worthless, that's what you are. Only you can decide that."

For the first time in a really long time, I was shocked. No one had ever said that before. "You're not some regular human, are you?"

"Well, I'm actually a miko. That is why I can project myself to you like this. But let us talk as we walk. There isn't much time."

We continued to walk back down the hallway I was in this morning. There was something different this time though. It looked as if the wall itself moved! There right beside Souta's old room was room number 1613.

"How…?"

"He blocked it with his power. I have been trapped here a very long time." She moved quickly towards the door as I stood dead in my tracks. She turned to me. "What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. Something tells me I should go in there. It's like someone evil is waiting for me there."

Panic crossed her face as she looked inside the room. She came back out and came up to me full of fear. "You have to get out of here, now. Quickly get back to your room."

I grabbed for her shoulders to calm her down. "Whoa. What's wrong?"

She looked at me straight on. "He's here. Hurry, you must go."

"Wait, will I see you again? I have more questions."

"Tomorrow night at 12:30. I'll meet you in your room. Now go."

I turned to leave but turned back. "Hey, Kagome!" She turned to look at me. "My name's Inu Yasha."

She smiled and nodded. "Thank you, Inu Yasha. It suits you well." I smiled then left as she had requested.

I quickly got back to my room and crawled into the bed. I looked at the clock. 3:30 am. Where did the time go? It only seemed like a half hour at most. I shook my head and closed my eyes as I hit the pillow. The last image I saw before sleep took over was her face and her smile. 'Kagome.'

~Morning~

"Inu Yasha? Time to get up."

I felt like someone was pushing me down and poking me repeatedly, which was exactly what Miroku was doing. I growled at him and shoved him. "Get off. I'm up. What time is it?"

"10:30. You really can sleep, can't you?"

I growled again. "What idiot nurse decided to let you walk around?"

"A female one. Her name was Kikyo. I think she will be the only female I would not ask to bear my child. She seemed so distant and cold. You do not want to meet her." He shivered to produce the "full affect" I guess.

"Whatever." I stretched and decided maybe I should just get back in the covers. Miroku looked me over though. Why do I feel like I'm always being examined by him?

He looked at my pillow for some reason and reached over. "What's this?" He grabbed whatever it was and smiled as he looked at it. A whistle came from his lips. "No wonder you're tired. You met a girl? A beautiful one at that. Is that her number on the back? You sly dog."

I sat straight up. Kagome's picture. I snatched it out of his hands and put it under my pillow. "Don't touch monk."

"Now now, don't get sore. Who is she Inu?"

I sighed. I knew Miroku long enough to know he wouldn't give up until he knew exactly who she was. "Her name is Kagome and I met her in the hospital two days ago, after they strapped you down." That's all he needed to know, right?

He just nodded. "You're lucky, Inu. She's a beauty. Hang on to her. And to think I thought you had given up on girls all together. Guess I was wrong."

I could feel my cheeks glowing bright red. "It's not like THAT you baka! She's a friend."

"Riiight. Okay then. I'd like to meet her. What room is she in?"

"Umm… actually maybe you shouldn't. She might get freaked out by your 'wandering hands.' Best leave her alone."

"Oh come on Inu! Let me meet her."

I sighed. I knew he wouldn't give up, even though I wanted him to. "Listen, I'll talk to her and tell you tomorrow if it's okay, alright? No promises. It has to be up to her."

"Agreed." With a smile on his face, Miroku turned and left my room. A slap was heard not much later. He then walked in the other direction with a nice red handprint on his face.

What was I going to do? I was supposed to be helping Kagome and I knew nothing. How was I supposed to set her free and find answers when a perverted monk friend of mine wanted to meet this spirit of a girl? I guess I had the rest of the day to find out.

~*~Comments are sooooo welcomed!!! Ja ne!~*~