InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Genuine Desires : Unity ❯ The Conclusion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Conclusion
 
Kagome nocked back her bow as Kikyou covered her hands in her, merging their miko energies together. InuYasha looked over his shoulders, and locked eyes with Kagome. She closed her eyes, and concentrated. She could hear the faint heartbeat of Sango as she lay bleeding to death in Miroku's arms. Opening her eyes as her eyes swelled with tears for the fate of the world, she watched as InuYasha brung down his blade, one more time, unleashing's Tetsusaiga's ultimate power.
 
Naraku, who had transformed into a great being, merely absorbed the attack with a shrill laugh. Kagome and Kikyou let out a harsh cry as they unleashed the purifying arrow, directly into Naraku's heart. He fell to the ground and screamed with agony as he looked at the miko's, eyes bloodshot as he returned to his hanyou form. Kagome walked over to him and looked down at him as he tugged at the arrow piercing into his heart. She closed her eyes, grabbed the arrow, and looked away as she pushed it down one last time, causing him to explode into ashes.
 
Turning around, she watched as Kikyou walked right past InuYasha to Sango, who was on the brink of death. Miroku, tears streaming down his face, whispered comforting words in her ear as Kikyou laid a hand on the large wound on her stomach. Sango, closed her eyes forever, but Kikyou smiled. “She will be fine.” She merely said, and Miroku thanked her as he held the demon exterminator to his chest and wept with pure joy.
 
Kagome smiled as her knees gave out, and InuYasha caught her. Kikyou walked over to them both, and gave a sad smile. “InuYasha,” Kagome looked on as InuYasha lifted her up in his arms. “You have set me free. I want to thank you.” She turned to Kagome.
 
“Kikyou, you can stay.” She said.
 
Kikyou shook her head. “My purpose his is completed. I must move on. Take care of InuYasha for me. He can be a nuisance when he wants to be.” Kagome nodded as tears formed in her eyes. Kikyou, who was crying as well, laid her hand on Kagome's chest, and whispered goodbye as her soul returned to Kagome's body, and she fell to the ground as a pile of graveyard soil and bones. InuYasha carried Kagome over to where Miroku was putting Sango on Kirara's back.
 
“Miroku, are you ok?” Miroku didn't take his gaze off the demon exterminator as they began walking and he shook his head.
 
“Yeah, I'm fine.” He muttered.
 
InuYasha looked down at Kagome, who was sleeping in his arms. It's all over. He thought sadly. Will she stay, or will she leave me forever?

8:88:888:88:8

 
 
 
It was a full moon that night. The stars shined like little campfires all over the sky. The wind blew with a slight chill as the trees laughed and swayed to the jokes in the wind.
 
Squirrels and rabbits began to take cover for the night. Youkai with young didn't even bother to leave their caves and dins as they left the lone figure walking through their territory alone.
 
A young girl returned from taking a dip into the nearby pond as something nagged at her to turn around. Standing there, was a young girl she knew from her past, something she held dear to her heart. Tears streaming down her face, she backed away quickly.
 
"No. . ."
 
"Do you not wish to be with me Kohana?" The young girl asked in a sweet voice. The girl turned around, only to find the girl looking at her with hurt eyes. "You run from me?" The girl screamed and ran around the girl. She began tearing through the thickforest, not scaring that her feet were cut and bruised to the point where it felt like the was walking on knives. She enteredclearing with white flowers on the ground that swayed in the wind.
 
Suddenly, Kohanafell as something grabbed her feet. She screamed and blinked, when chains appeared out of nowhere and bound her to the ground. The little girl walked slowly to her, and smiled when she finally hovered over her. "Now, your heart so pure and white like these flowers. .
." She smiled wickedly. "Give it to me. . ."
 
The girls screams of agony and pain could be heard all over as her crimson blood stained the snow white petals of the flowers on the ground.

8:88:888:88:8

Kagome smiled as she kissed the top of Kikyou's flower that was placed on top of her grave. InuYasha stood nearby in silence as Kaede said a prayer and sighed. Turning, the old lady walked away in silence. Kagome looked up to InuYasha.
 
"What will you do now?" He simply asked. She was confused by the question, so she simply did answer. "Naraku is gone. Kikyou has been laid to rest. What will you do now?"
 
Kagome shrugged. “I really don't know what to do. I have two homes. They are both calling to me. Which one do I answer InuYasha?" InuYasha didn't answer the question directed at him as he stared at the young miko. Turning on his heels, he began walking away.
 
"We should get going. The runt probably woke up." He said simply. He didn't stop walking. Rolling her eyes, Kagome stood up and hurried and fell in step beside him.
 
"You never answered my question."
 
"I know."
 
"What do you want me to do?"
 
"Should I care?" Kagome fumed. That wasn't the answer she was expecting, but she digested that in silence as the village came into view. Walking a little slower, she grasped her hands behind her back and stared at the ground.
 
Stubborn pride held the hanyou from asking what was wrong with her. "C'mon on."
 
"I'm coming." She grumbled slightly.
 
She wasn't sure that she was embarrassed that she asked the question and he just pushed her away, or the fact that she was hoping he would ask her to stay with him, she didn't know what else to say to him. All possibilities of maintaining a conversation and keeping her head on were lost, and the chances of actually getting a worthwhile answer from him were slim to none.
 
As they walked in Kaede's hut, Kagome immediately sat next to the fire, and automatically opened her arms as the kitsune came flying into the hut. "Kagome!"
 
"Hey Shippou. Where's Sango?" She asked as she looked around, noticing that the monk was here, but her friend wasn't.
 
"She went out with Kirara. They'll be back later."
 
Kagome smiled lightly as InuYasha growled and stood up. Stomping out of the hut, everyone exchanged glances as Kagome stood up and walked to the door, staring at him until he disappeared from her sight. Walking back into the hut, she took a seat, and told Kaede to prepare the first aide kit.
 
The youkai grinned as InuYasha into the clearing. Sitting on the ledge of the well, was the wolf tribe leader Kouga. InuYasha unsheathed Tetsusaiga instantly.
 
"Ok. . . Despite the fact that you reek, you made good work of putting your stench everywhere dog-breath." Kouga wrinkled his nose and fanned the air. "I can hardly breathe."
 
InuYasha snorted. "You are so lucky Kagome asked me to save your---"
 
"She said something about me?"
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and sheathed Tetsusaiga. He folded his arms across his chest and raised his eyebrows at Kouga. "Why are you here?"
 
"I feel that we need to make a deal."
 
"Deal? The day I make a deal with you is when my bastard of a brother sticks Tetsusaiga up my ---"
 
Kouga groaned in a way to let InuYasha know that was too much information as he stood up and took the same stance as InuYasha. "No, I think we need to talk about Kagome."
 
InuYasha's ears perked up, and he looked at Kouga with interest. "Kagome?"
 
"Since, she is my woman; I wish to have visiting rights."
 
InuYasha reached for Tetsusaiga. "Why you little---" Kouga held up his hands and shook his head quickly. InuYasha returned his arms to his chest.
 
"I was only kidding. I have an idea, but if I tell you, you have to promise to let me see Kagome one more time."
 
"What's the catch?"
 
"You baby sit my first pup whenever I need you to." InuYasha nearly fainted. Looking at Kouga, he didn't even really notice the change of scent when he first caught a whiff of him. InuYasha scowled.
 
"That's nasty. I guess you finally came around eh?" Kouga blushed.
 
"More like bear kids or be killed.” He sighed. "But, I'm happy with her." InuYasha looked over his shoulder.
 
"About this deal, let me get back to you about that." Kouga simply nodded, turned around, and walked away.

8:88:888:88:8

 
"Lady Kaede!" A woman screamed as she dashed into the woman's hut. "LADY KAEDE!"
 
"Aye woman," The elderly woman said calmly as she grabbed the woman's elbow. "What aile's ye?" The woman pulled a white flower from out of her kimono, and Kaede turned pale before she whispered something to the woman, and rushed her out of the hut. Once outside, Kaede took the flower and examined it. "Where did you find this?"
 
"It was in my daughter's room. She never returned from going to bathe yesterday. But look inside Lady Kaede. That's my daughter . . . She's gone. . ."
 
Kaede placed a tired hand on the woman's shoulder. "Worry not young lad. We shall see where you daughter has gone. Now go one home, and I'll send someone over when we have something." The woman reluctantly obeyed as Kaede walked into the hut, holding the flower. Kaede passed the flower to Kagome.
 
"Do ye have any memories of this place?" Kagome looked into the flower.
 
"That's in the forest . . . behind the Bone Eater's Well." Kagome muttered as she passed InuYasha the flower. InuYasha looked at it with confusion.
 
"What so different about the flower?"
 
"InuYasha!"
 
"Aye Kagome," Kaede held up a hand to stop Kagome's ranting. "He cannot see it. Only those with a pure heart can gaze into the flower." Kagome looked at InuYasha and shook her head. "As for ye, I would like for you to check out the area that this flower shows ye. Report back when you find anything."
 
"Right."
 
"Right."

8:88:888:88:8

 
"I think we should have taken Sango and Miroku."
 
"It's night stupid. With if the demon went after Kaede? Or any other women in the village. What then?"
 
"Who said it was a demon?"
 
"Evidently it has to be. A little girl can't be a murderer."
 
"You don't know that."
 
Kagome tightened her grip on InuYasha's back as he stopped abruptly in a tree. Straining his neck to look at her, she blinked innocently. He quickly looked away and began jumping again. "We're almost there." She informed.
 
InuYasha dropped down in a clearing, and Kagome looked back and saw the Bone's Eater's well. Nodding her head, she scanned the area. InuYasha wrinkled his nose. "It's here. I can smell the blood of women. Hundreds of them."
 
Kagome opened her mouth to say something, when suddenly, the green grass turned into white flowers. Kagome screamed as a pale little girl appeared in front of her with a sad expression on her face. InuYasha pushed her behind him and unsheathed Tetsusaiga. "Who are you?"
 
"Why are you here?" The girl directed the question at InuYasha. “I have no wish for a disgusting man. Go away."
 
"What?"
 
"Go away." InuYasha was thrown back by a strong force, and was driven into a tree, which cracked and fell. Kagome screamed and went to run when she fell, and realized that she was chained from head to toe.
 
Suddenly, Kohana fell as something grabbed her feet. She screamed and blinked, when chains appeared out of nowhere and bound her to the ground.
 
Kagome gasped.
 
The little girl walked slowly to her, and smiled when she finally hovered over her. "Now, your heart so pure and white like these flowers. . ."
 
Whose memories were these? Why was she receiving them? She looked at the flowers.
 
She smiled wickedly. "Give it to me. . ."
 
Kagome screamed as InuYasha hopped out of the way of the little girl's attack. He propelled off the floor, and swung his blade at her. "Gottcha . . . What!” He watched as the flowers created a wall in front of her, and disappeared into dust. She smiled as three more appeared in front of her. The tips turned into blades, and they propelled at InuYasha. Hopping back, he found himself right on the rim of the Bone Eater's well. Hopping behind it, he winced as the girl appeared behind him.
 
In a panic, he brought the blade down, grinning as waves of energy flew out of it. Once again, the young girl brought a wall of flowers up. However, the wall turned into a mirror, and Natasha's attack was thrown back at him. Hopping out of the way at the last minute, he watched as the Bone Eater's Well was demolished. Getting himself together, he unchained Kagome as the sun began to rise.
 
"Until next time . . .” The little girl muttered as sunlight hit her, and she faded away. Kagome stared at the well through wide eyes.
 
"You didn't . . .”

8:88:888:88:8

A/N
 
Well, this is my Second story so far. I might wait until I am finished this one before I post the second story.