InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Genuine Desires : Unity ❯ Sakura Festival Pt. I ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sakura Festival Pt.I

8:88:888:88:8

Kagome sighed as she dropped to her knees at the head of the spring. When they went to talk to the young girl, she wouldn't even open her mouth, and true enough, there was something wrong with her. But InuYasha and Miroku grew a severe headache as soon as they walked into the room, which they had been warned of before they even approached the side of the house she was in. By the time they had decided enough was enough, Kagome heard they had both collapsed.
 
But the Lord pushed for her and Sango to at least engage in conversation with the young girl. So they walked inside, and the young girl immediately reached out and touched Kagome. "You're so pure . . . so clean . . . so ripe."
 
Kagome gasped and stumbled, and Kagome bunted the girl's hand off with the tip of her boomerang. The room was oddly hazy, and Kagome has to use Sango's mask to keep from choking. The girl held a sincere interest in Sango, and continued asking her what hurt the most . . ." The desire to have it . . . or the feeling that you don't deserve it."
 
Sango had been oddly shaken with the question, and after Kagome had tried asking her what happened the night she ran away and being answered with a careless shrug, they rushed to fresh air, exchanging looks that this was the creepiest thing they have ever encountered.
 
The girl began laughing as they walked away, and for a spilt second, Sango had looked back, locked eyes with the girl, and gasped. Every emotion she had ever felt when she was with Miroku flashed by painfully, making her feel open, vulnerable, and empty. There was a simple dull throb in her chest now, and plus a burning sensation on her forehead when the girl blew a kiss at her, and yet she didn't say any of it to Kagome. But she didn't have to. Kagome saw . . . Kagome felt. Kagome knew.
 
After making sure that the men were alright, Kagome demanded they leave the mansion as soon as possible, having Miroku place ofudas over the whole mansion forbidding any youkai to come in, and for any youkai to leave out. He instructed she must be on watch at all times, and if anything else happened, to send Isamu back for them.
 
So here she was recuperation at the pond just outside of the village as InuYasha crouched beside her and looked at his reflection. "Weird, huh? It makes you wonder if she's human."
 
Kagome shrugged, covered her face in another thin lining of cold water. "Weirdo's not even the word for it. She was human---no doubt about that. But the aura surrounding her . . . that was not human. It eventually engulfed the whole room."
 
InuYasha shrugged. "Well, if it crept you out enough to quarantine it, then something is definitely not right. What do you think we should do?"
 
Kagome looked over at him as she picked up another handful of water. Smiling softly, she tossed it onto his head, giggling when drops of water hung off of his ears. He growled softly and flicked them; making little drops of water spray to her face. "Since when do you ask me what I want to do?"
 
InuYasha shrugged as he leaned forward and began drinking from the water. "I don't know . . . since you're the only one that can actually do anything about this."
 
She sighed and shrugged, sitting back and pulled her knees to her chest. "I think . . . when I get a little bit stronger. When the evil aura surrounding her doesn't bother me in the least . . . I'll be ready."
 
InuYasha chuckled and leaned back, tucking his arms under his head. "To think. We wasted five days to get there and come back."
 
She sighed and leaned back also, scooting a little closer to him as the sun began blazing on her small form. She writhed a little, and gasped softly when he pulled her form on top of him, gazing deep into her brown eyes, trying to read into the depths of her soul. "I'd just wish you'd talk to me more."
 
Her face registered shock . . . confusion, and surprise. She leaned up softly, only to have his arms wrap around her waist to pull her back down on him. "What do you mean? I talk to you---" His soft palm against her face, the quiet rustle of the leaves when he shifted slightly, forcing her to straddling him . . . too many emotions rushed through her. Too much . . . too quick . . . in too little time . . .
 
Her cheeks burned with an unknown fire . . . matching the fire in his eye, the sparkle, the glint. His mouth opened in a small groan as she laid more of her weight on him, leaving a painful weight on his hips that left his mind reeling . . .
 
"You try to hide the fact that you . . . that you miss your family. You don't have to tell me . . . I . . . I can feel it, Kagome. It . . . it hurts me too, and I want you to stop hurting."
 
"Stop---hurting---?" She said in a slow intake of breath, the way his eyelashes tickled her cheek, his lips grazed against her chin, causing her eyes to drift close. He whimpered and twitched when her scent spiked out of control.
 
"She is ripe."
 
He growled deep in his throat, pulling her possessively towards him as she dug her nails into the ground on the sides of his head. The knowledge that she was now a woman was all to much to bear.... to desire something that was so far away was playing havoc on his mind, his conscience . . . his common sense. His eyes drifted close as her scent enveloped him, choked him. The simple intake of her readiness . . . the smell of sweet wildflowers blossoming in the spring, mixed with something spicy and exciting. She was something remarkable, yet unattainable at the same time.
 
"Your pain . . . is my pain, Kagome."
 
"I don't want you to have pain . . . "She whispered softly.”Seeing you in pain . . . makes me cry. Me crying makes you uncomfortable---"
 
"You talk too much . . .”
 
"I do not---"
 
He laughed softly, tangling his finger in her hair. Pushing his face deep into his neck, she gasped when she felt his hot tongue lash out and touch her skin. The searing heat left her whimpering and shuddering above him . . . causing his arms to tighten as her scent went up another notch. It was something when she was simply looking at him . . . but something in his mind clicked when she softly uttered his name.
 
She found herself crushed under him, gasping for breath as his mouth sought out the soft muscles of her throat, suckling softly and grazing his fangs over her delicate skin. She tugged at his haori, wanted him to stop---but she knew she was going to wish for him to continue anyway.
 
He was showing her so much emotion . . . he was changing so much for her, and before she could stop it, she burst into tears. InuYasha broke into a panicking frenzy as he dug his claws into the ground where her nails her been. "What's wrong?" He said, sniffing for traces of blood or anything. "Did I . . .” He began, a sickening feeling rising in his throat.
 
He wiped away her tears with the pad of his thumb, only creating more tears as she hooked on to them with all five of her fingers on each one like an infant, shaking and writhing beneath him. "You're . . . you're doing all this for me . . . because . . . because . . .”
 
He shook his head and kissed her forehead, her burning hot cheeks, and her fingers. "Because I want to. Kagome. .. Please . . .”
 
She closed her eyes and allowed him to soothe her, the rumbling from deep in his throat sending goose bumps all over her body. He sat up and rolled off of her, standing up and holding out a hand to help her. She dashed a hand across her eyes with one hand, using the other to allow him to help her up, uttering a small "Eeep!" When he swept her up bridal style and began slowly walking towards the village. She reached up and grabbed one of his ears. "You know . . . tomorrow's the Sakura Festival."
 
InuYasha grinned. "Yeah, so?"
 
She shrugged indifferently. "It would mean a lot to the children if you'd play with them." She peeked up at him through her lashes. "It would mean a lot to me."
 
"On one condition." He said. She nodded her head once. "You have to smile for me, and I'll think about it."
 
She gave him a very bright, very happy smile as she cuddled closer to him, and sighed. He smiled when he pulled her closer, tightening his hold on her small body. "So you'll do it?"
 
He shrugged.
 
"You owe me---big."
 
"Isn't the smile enough?"
 
"To be stampeded by herds of pups on a mission to yank on my ears?" He snorted. "Not in a million years, Kagome."

8:88:888:88:8

A wash of pain swept through her as she watched him play with the children, stubbornly trying to make those around him believe he wasn't having fun as he took each one and ran through the forest with them. The twinkle in his eye . . . the sadness yet pure joy that radiated in him . . .
 
She sighed as she crouched down on a large boulder, holding her face in the palm of her hands as he crouched down and allowed two of the young boys to ride around on his back, softly telling them not to touch his ears. They respectively obeyed him, and it seemed the least of their worries as they threw hundreds of questions at him, which he simply answered.
 
He caught her stare for a moment and smiled, giving her reassurance that everything was okay as the children demanded another stroll through the forest. InuYasha rolled his eyes, but took them for a run, this time having two children on his back, and one hanging on to his chest. 'Is this what he wishes for . . . a village full of children that are his own?'
 
'It's obvious Kagome. He loves children . . . he made that perfectly clear way before you defeated Naraku. Give him what he wants.'
 
'The problem is . . . will he take it?'
 
She didn't realize he was finished until he strode over to her, sitting down on the boulder beside her and laying his chin on her shoulder. She sighed and smiled, knowing that he was pretending to be exhausted. "I told you it wouldn't be so bad."
 
He shrugged and pulled her into his lap, brushing her bangs out of her face as fireworks erupted from behind them. She yelped and flinched, and he kept his golden stare on her, boring into her. Her breath caught in her throat, she could feel the ebbs of a blush stinging her cheeks, and yet he didn't move, didn't even flinch.
 
The evening sky was littered with pink and orange, and the children shrieked with joy as the fireworks exploded above their heads. InuYasha watched as Kagome's eyelashes tickled her cheeks, and his gaze fell to her lips. She grabbed his haori so tight her knuckles were white as anticipation began nagging at her conscience, and in a bold act of arrogance, she leaned forward, capturing him with a quiet demand so savage that he growled and wrapped his arms around her waist. A surge of predatorily dominance flowed through him, catching him off guard and breaking through the barrier he had creating many years ago. Kagome was his light when he was lost in the darkness.
 
She shuddered lightly and pulled back, laughing softly when his eyes drifted close, his breathing tickling her chin. She sighed and laid her forehead on his, smiling as the fireworks continued to blare behind them. "Does it bother you?"
 
She blinked. "What?"
 
"Does being with me bother you?"
 
She blinked again. 'Why do I have the feeling this has something to do with Sesshomaru?' "No, it could never bother me, InuYasha."
 
He pulled her close. "I just wanted to tell you . . . I didn't destroy the well on purpose, even though I don't think I could have standed you living five hundred years away from me."
 
"InuYasha?"
 
"I know it may seem wrong, but I'm happy your here with me. But . . ."
 
"InuYasha---"
 
"And I'm really sorry for all the things that I've---"
 
She sighed and slammed her lips down on his, making him gasp and his eyes widened. Wonder ebbed through him as Kagome continued to goad him, entrance him and tempt him. He sighed in disappointment as she slowly smothered her face into his neck, breathing in his scent, marveling in it. "InuYasha . . . I'm happy to be here with you, too."
 
Her words somehow tore at his heart, left him open and bleeding. He wondered just how much she had put herself through; finally realizing there was no way that she would ever see them again. But she had pushed it all aside, and was making history out of a tragedy. She was on fire, and nothing could put her out. "You'd better be." He teased with a light nip of her cheek.
 
She giggled winced when he hollered at the kids to stop running around before they hurt themselves. She began to wonder, and her cheeks grew ablaze when she opened her mouth to ask him the dreaded question. "InuYasha . . . do you want children?"
 
He stiffened slightly, the hold on her waist loosening for a split second before he tightened it and look deep into her eyes, looking for any sense of doubt. He opened his mouth to answer her question, and suddenly his mouth went dry and his jaw heavy like he was going to throw up. He had never felt this way in his life, and swallowing the bile that formed in his throat, he decided to make it that much easier on himself. "Do you want children?"
 
She saw past his reverse psychology and grinned. "Two or three wouldn't be bad, I guess. I've always wanted children ever since I was young."
 
InuYasha's ears flattened and his whined. "But I'm . . . they'd be . . .”
 
She leaned forward and kissed his ears, and took his claws, running them up and down her bare leg, forcing herself to shudder under him. "It really doesn't matter to me."

8:88:888:88:8

Sango giggled as she watched InuYasha and Kagome cuddle under the array of fireworks. 'It's about time.' She mused to herself, jumping in surprise when a soft hand landed on her shoulder. Turning in time to catch the beautiful colors of the fireworks reflecting in the violet eyes that belonged to the monk, her knees went weak, and she felt as if she was falling, drowning into the depths of his gaze. He sighed and pulled her close, catching the hanyou and miko when they stood up and began walking into the forest.
 
"Are you proud of them? I'm a little annoyed, but proud." He said playfully.
 
She giggled and shrugged. "I knew it would happen eventually, and it's really romantic that it happens on the Sakura Festival. Legend has it that on this night, fate decides a new couple. Wondrous, is it not?"
 
Miroku looked at Sango, smiled as she held the awe of a child. Her quiet demeanor, her soft and easy going attitude, she truly was a marvelous woman. Able to look at her painful past with a smile, she was completely someone he hoped Kami had paired him with. "They had luck . . . and I'm hoping I will too."
 
"Miroku?"
 
He took her hand, led her to a large boulder. She sat down, and he sat down in front of her, positioning himself between her knees. She gasped softly, and took the opportunity to take her fingers and toy with his hair, letting the locks fall through her fingers, tickling her skin. "I'm . . . I've been raised a monk all of my life. You know this, and I didn't think I would live to see you finally live past the tragedy in your past. I am proud to be there with you when you finally moved on, and I'm . . . I want to denounce myself as a monk."
 
Her hands froze and she gasped sharply. "Miroku . . . you couldn't . . .”
 
He tilted his head back up and looked at her. "I can . . . and I will. Just for you. And many other things. So Sango, do you take up my offer? Do you . . . do you wish to be with me?"
 
Sango held her breath, before tears started streaming down her face. She felt herself being pushed into a hard chest, and she grabbed his clothes tightly, allowing her sobbing to shake them both.
 
He rubbed her back and allowed her heart to vent out. She was truly happy, overwhelmed, and hurt at the same time.
 
Happy that she had all she wished for . . . Kami had finally answered her prayers.
 
Overwhelmed that he had given up something that had run in his family for generations.
 
And hurt that she had nothing to give up in return.
 
Thinking about this brought more tears, which immediately stopped when she felt his warm lips on her eyelids. She gave a shaky laugh and wiped her face, hugging him with all the strength she had left in her body as that painful feeling swept over her once again . . . the familiar burn on her forehead as her heart lurched painfully. She gasped and grabbed her chest, which went unnoticed as Miroku began nuzzling his face in her hair.
 
"Do you . . . do you take my offer?"
 
"So pure . . . so clean . . . so ripe . . .”
 
'Oh . . . it hurts . . .'
 
"Sango?"
 
"No, he will taint you . . .”
 
'Wha---Please . . . why can't I ever be happy?'
 
"Sango? What's wrong? What's the matter? Should I get Kagome?'
 
"He will taint you. He will harm you. He doesn't care."
 
"Leave---me---alone!" She shrieked, falling to her knees in front of him and digging her nails so deep in her head that she drew blood. Miroku yelped and immediately snatched her hands away, pulling her close to her chest as her eyes went unfocused and she simply stared at him with an odd wonder. Panicking, he ran to the hut where Kaede was eating and drinking with the elders of the village.
 
Pushing past the bamboo, they all gasped as Miroku laid her form in front of the old woman. His eyes were unusually bright, and he held on to Sango like she was going to break. "Please . . . something's terribly wrong."
 
Sango simply looked at Miroku with that odd expression on her face. She laughed and reached to touch him, when her forehead began shining, and she drew back with a hiss as she began groaning in pain and grabbed her head again. "Miroku . . . help me!"
 
She pleaded, her eyes going in and out of focus. Kaede gasped and commanded that all but Miroku leave the hut.

8:88:888:88:8

Clapping her hands as the petals of the sakura blossoms danced in front of her to the rhythm of the music being played, the little girl giggled and sighed as she commanded them away, watching as they disappeared with the odd jingle of a soft song.
 
She giggled when a monk ran past, holding a young girl in his arms who was beckoning to her, her soul calling for her, pleading for her to help her. She smiled and hopped from roof to roof, frowning with confusion as she landed on the top of the roof that he entered. 'She breathed in the scent of the flowers . . . she has come in contact with Kimiko. Interesting . . .'
 
She hopped off of the roof, and rounded around the back, a whisper of wind with the scent of flowers as she looked through the window of the hut. They fussed over the girl, sending a herd of elders into the open, dodging children that were dashing two and fro. The girl went in and out of the flowers control, catching the little girl's curiosity.
 
'Her will power . . . is astounding. I must know who she is . . .'
 
She licked her lips as anticipation left a pang where her heart used to reside. Looking over her shoulder, she quickly ran away through the village, and into the forest, hopping into the tree and leaving a cloud of dust in her wake. Running through the forest and past the meadow where the Bone Eater's Well used to be, she entered a clearing right above the village, and dived back into the bushes as two forms stood there, looking over the scenery. "The hanyou!"She hissed, pushing herself to her feet just as he looked over his shoulder.
 
Continuing to run until she was well out of his smelling range, she rounded around where a young girl sat, twisting the petal of a flower in her fingers. She walked over to her, rubbed her fingers on her forehead as the girl bowed respectfully. "M'Lady Ayaka."
 
Ayaka tossed her silver hair over her shoulders, twirling in her white kimono as Kimiko clapped absently. She walked over and pulled Kimiko in a hug. "You did it! We have another sister!"
 
Kimiko smiled. "She had another with her, but she did not inhale the toxin. She is purer than any other woman I have ever laid eyes on . . . she is the priestess, Kagome."
 
Ayaka smiled to herself, cupping her hands as flowers forming in between them. She blew into the softly, causing hundreds, thousands of flowers to appear and form around Kimiko, creating a beautiful Kimino around her as the faint music of the village drifted towards them. "Return to your home, and kill the Lord. Give his soul to me."
 
Kimiko smiled as her eyes pulsed a little. Ayaka shook her head and pouted when she gathered herself together, and bowed before fading away like a flower herself.
 
'She wishes to be free.' She snarled to herself, twirling her fingers in the air, causing them to create a whirlwind in front of her.
 
'She shall be free, when I attain the miko. She has the power I need. And then,' She giggled softly.'And then they will all pay.'

8:88:888:88:8