InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Genuine Desires : Unity ❯ Kaname ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaname

8:88:888:88:8

They entered the forest with InuYasha and Sesshomaru throwing insults at each other. Kagome, whose face was pale with annoyance groaned and smashed her hands over her face as she rode on InuYasha's back. They had been at it ever since Kagome had gone to bathe and Sesshomaru went to fish a little after. It wasn't his fault . . . not entirely, since he had no idea that Kagome went to bathe. He went hunting for rabbits when she went to bathe, and after he finally gave up with that he went to fish while InuYasha went hunting for rabbits.
 
 
Kagome screamed and threw a bolt of miko energy at Sesshomaru, and InuYasha was there almost immediately, blushing but still trying to claw Sesshomaru's head off nonetheless. Kagome subdued him many times, and after he finally calmed down did she get on his back and allow him to carry her.
 
Sesshomaru rolled his eyes as InuYasha growled deep within his throat. The village was covered with cherry trees and bushes of berries and such. There weren't many huts and people, but the amount of children was astounding. They ran around, chasing each other and practicing with wooden swords. InuYasha grinned a young bat hanyou stopped in front of him, looked him up and down, and kept walking. "Okay . . ." Kagome chimed.
 
Kagome sighed. They were supposed to be visiting Ryoko, who she learned was a little more than 4 years old, strangely. But when Kaede has informed them to hurry on to the village named Nakamura, where Kaname resided, they did. It took them three long, pitiful days, but they finally made it. Kagome sighed as a young woman rushed to them, long red hairs streaming down her face back and beautiful yellow eyes. She smiled warmly at Miroku, and Sango growled when Miroku blushed, but looked away. "Welcome to our humble village. You must be Lady Kagome," She said, looking over Kagome. "Please . . . follow me."
 
Kagome looked over her shoulder to see how Sango was doing. She was pretty angry as Miroku tried to talk to her, and she didn't even spare him a glance as she began walking. Kagome sighed and followed the young lady.
She led them through the whole village, which was longer than what Kagome thought. Children where everywhere, literally. The men were working, and the women were outside, human, youkai and hanyou playing and watching over the children. Kagome smiled as she led them to a nice looking mansion and bowed. "Lady Kaname waits to speak with you."
 
Kagome walked into the hut, InuYasha in tow as Sesshomaru opted to sit outside. He grabbed her hand and covered it with his own, and she smiled as she walked down the long hallway. Kaname's youki was strange. Lonely and quiet . . . Kagome could tell she didn't talk much. This was completely different from the descriptions that Kagome had heard about Kimiko's other friends. She heard they were spunky and energetic. Kaname seemed to act older than her age, and so far she was the only youkai friend---and the only pregnant one. 'She's huge!'
 
The young woman was sitting with their backs towards them. She turned around and smiled at Kagome and InuYasha. Her green eyes held a lot of worry, and Kagome frowned as she sat down and bowed. InuYasha took the occasional stance by the door, Tetsusaiga between his legs as he closed his eyes and fell into a trance. "Hello . . . I am Kagome."
 
She smiled. "I am Kaname . . . nice to meet you. I understand you come on behalf of my good friend, Kimiko?"
 
Kagome nodded and frowned. "She is under the influence of a young lady named Ayaka . . ."
 
"Ayaka, you say?"
 
Kaname sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. Her expression held a pain . . . worried look, and though she couldn't be more than sixteen, Kagome had a feeling she been through a lot. "Do you know Ayaka?"
 
"Yes . . . a good while ago, Ayaka was a young child that lived in this village, fifty years ago. She was truly an odd child . . . a human with a youkai heart. She was to be killed on her sixteenth birthday . . . but she died before that could happen."
Kagome gasped and smashed her hand over her mouth. "What . . . how did she die? Do you know?"
 
Kaname's eyes clouded over and she looked away from Kagome. "My . . . my to be mate had . . . forced himself on her. She was the daughter of a young lady that worked for my mother when I was young. We grew up together . . . even though she was about three years older than me. She was . . . she was thirteen when he killed her . . . and it was on my eighteenth birthday, that I killed him. Then, I met Kimiko. She had the same heart as Ayaka . . . but we grew to be strong friends. She was with her fiancée' she told me . . . and I was worried about her. She talked about the death of her family, and how she was supposed to marry this man that was known for forcing himself on women She told me a little girl named Ayaka came to her the day before she was to leave . . . I didn't believe it, I couldn't believe it."
 
Kagome reached forward and wiped away Kaname's tears. Kaname threw herself into Kagome's arms and sobbed. "I . . . I tried to explain to her the story of Ayaka . . . but she had left and wouldn't listen. Next thing I knew . . . when she came to see me three nights ago . . . she wasn't the same. I'm . . . I'm worried. She told me to run . . . told me to flee somewhere Ayaka can't find me. And I.... I . . ."
 
Kagome rocked back and forth as the youkai broke into broken sobs. Humming deep in her throat as InuYasha excused himself from out of the room, she felt as if this girl had been through too much. She smoothed back her hair, and watched as she sat back up and dashed a hand across her eyes. "Ayaka . . . Ayaka's dead. I saw her body after he killed her . . ."
 
Kagome sighed. 'Then that means somebody resurrected her.'
 
"Can you tell me about Kimiko's fiancée'?"
 
Kaname sniffled and gasped for breath. "His name was Kei, and he cared for her, a lot. He bought her whatever she wanted, and she was never out of his sight, wherever she was. He was always with her, and treated her like a queen. There was a time they had arranged to move into this mansion because the Father wanted her to get married to that evil man. But he said that he wouldn't let that happen. He went into the next town to get some materials for his father . . . and then that's when he was killed, trying to protect her."
 
"Where did she bury him?"
 
Kaname shrugged. "I think . . . she told me that she didn't. She was in a trance. She said she slept with the body . . . talked to it, and then set it on fire."
 
Kagome cringed. Kimiko was truly in trouble. "There's no saving her . . . ever since she came back, something's growing inside of her body."
 
Kagome raised her eyebrow as she continued stroking Kaname's hair. "What do you mean?"
 
"She's not the same . . . I mean; it's the flesh . . . but not the heart. I don't know how to explain it, but . . . I think she's possessed. I'm expected to bare children soon," she said, holding her tummy. "I've created a spell so that no one knows but me, and my mate. But . . . Kimiko came to me, and told me that I can't give birth to the baby, because the baby would end up possessing me."

8:88:888:88:8

Ayaka watched as Kimiko walked forward with dread. Sitting on the top of the hill in midnight, she was deliberately using her time. Ayaka had instructed that it had to be done by dawn. It was almost midnight, and Kimiko still didn't make a mood yet. Ayaka left her hand on Kimiko's head and pushed a surge of energy through her. Kimiko screamed, but didn't move. "It's too late . . . the transformation is complete. You will be able to fight it no longer."
 
Kimiko dug her nails into the soft Earth underneath her. "I won't. ... Let you . . .”
 
Ayaka frowned and pushed a little more energy into Kimiko. Blood was splattered everywhere as wings sprouted out of the young girl's back. Black wings that were at least four feet long in length flapped and then wrapped around Kimiko. Floating into the sky, a red barrier erupted and the bubble was filled with black blood. Ayaka stepped out of the way as three heartbeats were heard, and when the barrier disappeared and the wings opened.
With a long, black kimono on, her eyes red and covered with black eye liner, Sachiko stretched and grinned. She licked her lips, which was covered with cherry lipstick and flapped her wings as Ayaka bowed before her. "M'Lady."
 
"You have honored me," Sachiko said smoothly. Flapping her wings a little more, making the dust around her feet billow out, she hovered over the ground and twirled. "I am very proud of your ability to hold a contract, Ayaka. Tell me . . . where is the souls that you have acquired for me?"
 
Ayaka bowed and cringed. "We have all but we need. You have arisen earlier than expected, my lady. The souls of Kaname and Ryoko have not yet been received."
 
Sachiko ran her fingers down her long black hair and pouted. "Do not worry, they will not be needed. We shall exact revenge before we reach world domination, my dear. Explain to me . . . who shall bare children soon?"
 
Ayaka cringed. "Kaname, M'Lady."
 
Sachiko grinned and flapped her wings. "Oh? The youkai that trains to be a priestess? Her child shall serve me."
 
Ayaka bowed again as Sachiko flew off of the hill and towards the mansion. Outside waiting was a young girl with raven hair. Equipped with nothing but bows and arrows, she seemed to be waiting for her. Sachiko landed a couple of yards away from her, flipping her hair over her shoulder and smiling. "Are you the one who invaded my personal property?"
 
Kagome didn't answer. She nocked back an arrow and aimed for Sachiko's heart. "Where's Kimiko?"
 
Sachiko shrugged. "I have long devoured Kimiko's heart. There's no way to save her . . . I reign supreme in this flesh now."
Kaname burst out of the mansion, holding her stomach. Her face was covered with sweat, and she looked extremely ill. Sachiko laughed and transported over to Kaname. Her hand reached into her stomach, and a red light erupted on Sachiko's arm. "Oh . . . you're having twins?"
 
Kagome let her arrow loose. Sachiko dodged it, bringing her hand out of Kaname's stomach and disappearing as she floated into the sky. "It is done."
 
Kagome rushed over to Kaname. Helping her back to her room, Kagome cringed when she noticed the sickening amount of water on the floor. Kaname screamed and dug her claws into the floor as InuYasha ran into the room, only to turn around quickly and stand by the door.
 
Kagome sighed and positioned herself between Kaname's legs. "We have no choice . . . you have to push."
 
Kaname shook her head. "No . . . my baby . . . I . . . I won't let it . . . I can't let it live."
 
Kagome shook her head and wiped Kaname's head with the back of her hand. "Listen . . . we'll figure out a way to save your baby, just push!"
 
Kaname screamed and closed her eyes . . .
 
Kagome sighed and handed the twins to their mother. The babies didn't come immediately, and after minutes of screaming Kaname began pushing. A boy and a girl with a head full of beautiful black hair and sparkling blue eyes. They also had tails. There small little ears were still flattened on their tiny little heads. Another youkai bustled into the room, dropping beside Kaname and stroking her head. "I ran home as soon as I heard," He said, kissing each of the babies. Kagome grinned. They looked just like him.
 
Kaname was crying the whole time. She stared at the young girl with a faraway expression, with a kind of dread that Kagome understood only too well. Kagome reached over and kissed Kaname's head. "Don't worry," She whispered. "If you train her well, than it'll go away."
 
Kaname sighed as she began feeding the two babies when they began fussing. Even though she didn't Kagome could tell that Kaname didn't think she was right, but when she turned and began to walk away with InuYasha and the gang behind her, Kaname called out to her. "I . . . where are you going?"
 
Kagome giggled. "We're going to camp into the forest until we figure out what to do. I won't leave you here with the babies. If Sachiko comes, I'll know long before you will."
 
Kaname nodded and didn't comment as they walked away.

8:88:888:88:8

"Am I . . . will that happen, with me?"
 
Miroku held Sango close under the starlight as they sat on top of the hill. Sango cuddled closer to him, lying between his raised knees as he sighed and nuzzled her hair. "I hope not. I don't want to faint, you know."
 
Sango sighed and wrapped her arms around his waist, contenting to be as close to him as she could. Watching Kaname gives birth, and Kagome coaxing her through the whole thing was terrifying. Sango knew that child birth brought forth extreme pain, and she didn't think that she'd have the courage to do something like that. Miroku had gotten sick and had to leave, and later on they both confessed that they were frightened out of there wits.
 
"We can't afford to have one now," He said in a soft whisper, intending to help her feel better.
 
She sighed and kissed his chin. "I know . . . it's just---what if we don't live to make any, you know? Sachiko's pretty strong, from what Kagome told me."
 
Miroku shrugged and laid back, pulling Sango to his chest and kissing her deeply. She returned the affection, stroking his arms and face as a little sigh escaped her lips. She pulled back and dug her head into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her once again. "Do you think . . . do you think that they'll have children?"
 
Sango laughed. "Think? I know . . . something just tells me that they will. I can't imagine seeing Kagome pregnant."
 
Miroku sighed and watched as she began toying with the necklace. He took her fingers and kissed them each, putting them in his hair and shuddering when she massaged his scalp. She giggled and repeated gesture, watching as he turned and pinned her to the floor. "Miroku?"
 
He leaned down and kissed her feverishly. His ankle was throbbing, but he didn't care. Sango looked absolutely fabulous under the light of the stars. The moon gave her skin a delicious glow, and she arched off of the ground when his tongue darted out against the jugular of her throat. She tugged at his shoulders and pulled at him at the same time. "What do you want," He asked throatily, still planting kisses all over her face.
 
Sango sighed and raised her hips, slamming them against his when a painful desire ran through her whole body. Like a whip of fire deep in her stomach, she whimpered and squirmed under the pressure of his body, the scrutiny of his gaze. "You," She whispered.
 
"Oi! You do that, inside! Hentais!"
 
Miroku sighed and dropped his head on Sango shoulder as InuYasha threw his hands up and walked away. Sango laughed and tried to sit up. When Miroku began nipping at her neck again, she slowly laid back down. "No---he's gone, right?"
 
"You were just saying we can't afford to have children."
 
"Yea---three minutes ago. I wasn't horny as hell than, either."
 
Sango laughed and pushed him up, sitting on her ankles and kissing the tip of his nose. "Seeing that got me thinking, you know? I think the only way to prevent us from having children is if we just---wait."
 
Miroku turned white. His gaze flickered up and down her whole form. "Wait? You expect me to wait?" He reached for her. "Okay . . . how about we try it once, and then wait to do it again---"
 
Sango stood up and quickly flipped out of the way. Miroku groaned as she giggled and ran back to the cave. Before she entered, Kagome grabbed her wrist and snatched her behind a tree. Both faces were red with embarrassment . . . and they squealed and twirled around. "Sango---did he try to . . .”
 
"Kagome did you guys . . .”
 
Their faces turned a darker shade of red and they burst into giggles again. Kagome shuffled her feet and burst into uncontrollable giggling. "Well . . . almost . . . but you know, he smelled you guys and he said that was just nasty."
 
Sango laughed. "Miroku still wanted to, even though we were almost caught by InuYasha." Kagome blushed. "Kagome---do you two plan to have kids?"
 
Kagome's gaze fell to Sango's necklace, and she turned an odd shade of white. "I . . . we . . ."
 
"Kagome?"
 
Kagome shrugged and quickly excused herself, and walked away.

8:88:888:88:8

"What do you mean the spells gone?"
 
Miroku said to Kagome as Sesshomaru returned from the beach. InuYasha was right behind him, and they both was smiling and talking. Kagome tried to smile but she couldn't. "I mean . . . the spell is gone. It doesn't glow anymore."
 
Miroku shuddered and sighed. Kagome tried not to cry. After the night when she was possessed, Kaede said there was two ways to relieve her of the curse. She and Miroku had to bond, or she had to be killed, or drink the blood of the person who put her on the curse. As far as they knew, Kimiko was dead, so there was nothing they could do about it. Miroku turned an odd shade of green. "So . . . we have to tell her?"
 
Kagome nodded. "I don't have enough energy to do another one of those spells. Not after the amount of energy I put into that bow last night."
 
Miroku sighed and ran a tired hand over his face. Running it through his hair and pacing back and forth, he looked sick, worried. Kagome placed a hand on his shoulder. He didn't falter. "She's . . . she's going to hate us. She's going to hate me. She's going to think . . ."
 
Kagome sighed. "That's why I'm going to explain it to her. Whatever happens then, you have to be there for her."
 
Miroku nodded and watched as Sango walked of the cave and began calling to Kagome. Kagome walked over to Sango and tugged her towards the forest. She accused her behavior saying that she wanted to talk to her and walk and she couldn't ignore the fact that Sango looked worried. "Do you remember what happened on the Sakura Festival?" She said after a long moment of silence.
 
Sango frowned. "No . . .”
 
"Well . . . I don't know how to say this . . . but you were possessed."
 
Sango turned green. "I was . . .”
 
Kagome cut her off. "The only way for us to get rid of it was for me to make you a kotodama rosary like InuYasha's except it was different and then when we were talking today I realized the spell was gone and then I got worried and the only way to fix it is either we kill you, or you and Miroku . . . you know . . .”
 
Her expression turned blank. "Did Miroku know about this?"
 
Kagome grimaced. "Yeah---it was his idea to give you the necklace."
 
Sango didn't say anything. She stopped walking and took off the necklace, letting it dangle in her fingers and staring at it with a frown. Kagome realized that tears were streaming down her friends eyes. "Am I going to die?" Sango said in a broken whisper.
 
Kagome hurried over and hugged her friend tightly. "No . . . I would never kill you, Sango. I love you. I can't . . . I can't help you anymore. You have to talk to Miroku about this."
 
Sango sighed and let Kagome lead her back to the cave.

8:88:888:88:8

 
A/N
 
Enjoy! Better content in other chapters . . . I promise!