InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Genuine Desires : Unity ❯ Daisuke and Ryoko ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daisuke and Ryoko

8:88:888:88:8

Kagome grinned as Kaname held out one of the babies to her, the male, whom she had named Daisuke. His ears were still pressed to his head, though his eyes were opened. Sapphire blue orbs stared at her with curiosity, and he made soft little gurgling noises as he reached for her. "He's so adorable," She cooed.
 
 
Meanwhile, Sango was prancing the room with the other twin, who was female---Ryoko. She had been crying since the moment she was born, and Kaname didn't know anyway to stop her. 'She's the child that Sachiko tainted,' Kagome thought sadly.'If I put something on her to suppress her powers---it'll only last until she turns into a woman . . . and by then her powers would be too strong to be contained by a spell.'
 
 
Kaname had stated earlier that the only way to save her child was Death---and Kagome could see that if she did that . . . she'd most likely kill her as well. Daisuke whimpered a little when Ryoko's cries grew louder, though he didn't cry at all. Kagome smiled and kissed his forehead. InuYasha watched from the corner of the room, a dark pout on his face as he flattened his ears when Sango had finally given the baby back to its mother.
 
 
Kaname muttered something to it, and the crying stopped. InuYasha sighed, but couldn't ignore the happiness in Kagome's face as she held the child. "She'll be a perfect mother," Sango said without looking at her. "I can see it in her already."
 
 
InuYasha sighed and scratched his chin. Having children would mean that they would be hanyou---and hanyou meant that they would have to live the life he did. This was the last thing he wanted---but Kagome believed there was another way, and Kagome was determined to find it. She had never judged him because she was hanyou---and she had blatantly stated that she loved him as a hanyou, nothing else. But would it all be worth it?
 
 
She caught his stare from on the other side of the room, smiling and making the baby's tiny hand wave at him. She walked over and allowed him to pull her in his lap, watching as the baby looked up at him with a pouting look. "Do all inu-youkai pout, InuYasha?"
 
 
InuYasha laughed softly and allowed the baby to wrap its hand around his finger, grimacing when it put it in its mouth. He pulled his finger back and growled softly, and the baby's eyes began to water but he didn't do it again. Kagome rocked the baby back and forth, humming as Kaname tended to Ryoko. "What is she going to do?"
 
 
Kagome grinned. "Even though her baby may be corrupted---she's going to let it live a normal life. She loves her baby enough to sacrifice the world."
 
 
"And what does her brother have to say about it?"
 
 
Kagome watched as little Daisuke blew a bubble and then giggled. "I say he's just fine with it."
 
 
Kaname watched as InuYasha and Kagome toyed with the child, Miroku sitting far away from them with a sad little look on his face. She offered him if he wanted to hold the baby---she trusted them with her life---but he kindly refused, and later walked out of the room. Meanwhile, however, Kagome laid Daisuke on the floor and checked his diaper with the gentleness of a natural mother, InuYasha watching closely and wrinkling his nose when she finally took the soiled diaper from under him and changed it.
 
 
'She'll probably be able to love you more than I ever can,' Kaname thought sadly, looking down at Ryoko. The little girl's blue eyes were way lighter than her brothers . . . they looked almost dull as she blinked at her innocently. A innocent child brought into all this because of the hate in one's heart . . . She was going to let her child live, and if she had to die in order for her to live, than she would gladly give her life away. The world was nothing compared to how much her children meant to her . . . and she would never think anything else.
 
 
'As long as I'm alive, I'm never going to let anybody hurt you,' she thought as she made a rumbling noise in her chest, pushing the baby into a deep sleep. 'You may end my life with your own hands when you are younger---but I want you to know that I'll love you just the same, my little Ryoko.'
 
 
Sadness overwhelmed her whole form as she clutched her baby to her chest. Its heartbeat was normal---but its youki was totally different from that of a normal child. Her life was going to be anything but normal
 
 
'But I'll try as hard as I can.'
 
 
Willing to do the impossible when she knew it might be the ultimate sacrifice---but she really didn't care. She knew whether she was alive or not, Kagome would find a way to save her daughter. She had a pure heart and a loving soul---she was truly the strongest miko alive.'I can't wait to see the child they will finally bear.'
 
 
Pride filled her chest as Daisuke reached for Ryoko, who was sleeping peacefully. Kagome handed the baby to Kaname and watched as she laid when both between her legs, next to each other. Kagome smiled and watched as Daisuke cuddled closer to his sister and finally fell asleep. “He's going to protect her," Kagome whispered with a sad little smile. "He already knows that he has to."
 
 
Kaname smiled and wiped a tear that fell from her cheek. "Protect her well, my beloved Daisuke."

8:88:888:88:8

Pulling his knees to his chest, Miroku sighed as he tried to brush away the feeling of guilt. The happiness in her eyes when she held the baby---the look of torment when she looked at Miroku . . . it was more than he could take . . . more than he could bear.
 
 
The wind blew softly, caressing his cheeks and face, trying to console him as he dropped his chin onto his knees. She had been absolutely excited to hold the babies---she was in hysterics before they even got to the mansion. Sesshomaru had opted to make sure everything was alright with Rin, and he was going to meet them back at the cave by nightfall. Everyone seemed to have everything they wanted in their life . . .
 
 
She crouched next to him, resting her head on his shoulder and taking his hands in hers. "When were you going to tell me?"
 
 
He sighed and tried to shy away from her. She stopped him with a hand on his arm, rubbing it affectionately as the walls that he had built around himself slowly began to crumble. "I was hoping I didn't have to tell you. Kaede said that if it was ever broken---Kagome wouldn't have the strength to fix it anytime soon."
 
 
"Is there anyway to fix it?"
 
 
She was rewarded with silence, and also the fear coming from Miroku seemed to seep into her. She could hear the people inside the mansion laughing and celebrating the birth of the twins---everybody was merry and rejoicing . . . but he stood out like a sore thumb. She nuzzled his neck and sighed. "Don't worry about it, okay? As long as I'm with you . . . as long as I'm with you, I'll be fine---"
 
 
"That's not it. Don't you understand? I failed to protect you . . . I failed to keep you safe, and now it might cost you your life. I'm a disgrace to my family---I can't even keep the woman I love, never less myself out of danger."
 
 
Sango sighed and kissed his cheek, running her fingers through his hair as he dropped his head between his knees. He was shaking with his anger at himself. Didn't he understand the fact that she didn't care about all that? He didn't fail---not to her, anyway. When she reached to touch him, he scooted away a little. "Miroku---I don't care about all that. As long as you're with me---"
 
 
"Sango! I don't know how you don't understand!" He bellowed. His eyes were unusually bright, his face pale, his lips trembling and his nails digging into the soft soil underneath him. "It goes deeper than that! Way deeper than that; and the fact that I can't even keep you out of danger---that I wasn't there to help you when you needed me most . . . it's humiliating . . . I don't even want to show my face."
 
 
"But---"
 
 
"Just . . . leave me alone. I want to think this through. Alone."
 
 
"Miroku let me help you."
 
 
He turned away from her, making her face his back as he winced. His sadness was palpable, his misery painful. Was it all for her? "Just go away, okay? Just leave me alone."
 
 
He heard her whimpering, heard her muffled sob as she stood up and ran off into some other direction other than the mansion. But he wasn't paying attention. She didn't realize how important she was . . . she didn't realize how severe the situation was. The fact that she was walking around with 'doomed' on her forehead with a shy little smile made him angry at her---made him angry at himself, at the world.
 
 
'I have to save her . . . no matter what.'
 
 
'How can you save her? Kaede said in three hours after the spell is broken than she'll be manipulated again. And at this rate---the control will kill her. What can we do?'
 
 
Miroku grimaced, rubbing a tired hand down his face and giving a ragged sigh.'I have to do this on my own---Kagome said she couldn't help me anymore. But what can I do to help her? How can I help her?'
 
 
He heard someone walk next to him, and recognized the peaceful aura that was Kagome. She hugged him tightly, quickly and ignoring when he tried to shrug her off. "How did it go?"
 
 
His angry grunt made her wince, and she smoothed the bangs out of his face sympathetically as his sadness seemed to overwhelm her joyous aura. "I can't help her," He finally whispered. "She's going to die, and it's my entire fault. Because I . . . because I hurt her so many times, she was manipulated---and now she's going to die, all because I couldn't protect her."
 
 
"Miroku---"
 
 
"For me and InuYasha, and one day for Shippou---protecting the women we love is something that means more than life itself to us," He said, barely lifting his head above his knees. She rubbed his back sympathetically, whining when he began shaking. His voice cracked, and he swallowed a couple of times before beginning. "When we fail---we just can't forgive ourselves. That's like promising InuYasha your life, and letting Naraku kill you willingly. It's not something to be taking lightly, Kagome. I failed her . . . and I failed myself as well."
 
 
Kagome sighed and rubbed his back, hugging him again before she placed her back on his, trying to console him with her mere presence. "Mistakes will be made, Miroku. Whatever happens is not entirely your fault---and whatever happens you just have to make the best of it, right? There's a way to save Sango . . . but the only way it'll work is if it comes from your heart---"
 
 
"But Kagome---"
 
 
"---which means I can't help you," She said like he hadn't even started to say anything at all. He sighed and shook his head. "Sometimes in order to break any curse---you need an emotion from the heart. Maybe she just needs to hear something from you, and she'll be alright. Go and find Sango, and I promise you everything is all right. You love her with your whole heart. Follow your heart, and let everything you feel inside flow. If tears fall---let them. That's what you are going to need if you want to save her."
 
 
Kagome heard Miroku get up and run into the distance. With a sad little smile, she let InuYasha jump out of the tree and sweep her up, carrying her back to the mansion as she dashed a shaking hand over her eyes. "What are you crying for?"
 
 
She sniffled. "He felt so bad---it hurt me too."
 
 
He sighed and wiped away her tears with the back of his hand. "Did it work without you giving too much away?"
 
 
She shrugged and looked in the direction Miroku had run. "Let's just hope and pray that I got through to him."

8:88:888:88:8

 
 
Sango pushed against Miroku as he held her close, the fain falling down and tapping against their skin with a soft little hum as both of their tears were washed away. She felt wanted---loved. He was there for her, shed tears for her, and ultimately saved her life. 'He truly does love me.'
 
 
She felt happier than she ever had in her whole life. She had been depressed ever since the fateful day with her brother and he had been there with her through it all. There were some times he annoyed her---but she realized that he only did it to take away the pain that she was feeling. She had been totally oblivious that he was terrified that the Kazzaana was going to swallow him up. She owed him everything she had.
 
 
She sighed as she closed her eyes, turning her face up to the falling rain. Gasping when Miroku shifted her and placed his lifts softly down on hers, she tangled her fingers in his hair, beckoned his heart, called for his soul. He parted his lips, and she became daring, darting her tongue into his mouth and tasting all of him. Pulling back, he tugged at her clothing with shaking fingers. "M-Miroku . . .”
 
 
"Sango . . . I love you more than the world itself."
 
 
"I . . . I love you too, Houshi-sama . . ."

8:88:888:88:8

A/N
Sorry it's so short---something came up before I updated it to Mediaminer.org and I just had to give you guys a little snippet. Sorry . . .