InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Genuine Desires : Unity ❯ Destiny ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Destiny

8:88:888:88:8

"One."
 
 
"No."
 
 
"Two?"
 
 
"Nope."
 
 
"Three?"
 
 
"Nope."
 
 
"Four?"
 
 
"Nope?"
 
 
"Goodness, InuYasha. Five?"
 
 
"Keep going---"
 
 
Kagome sighed as she rubbed her temple with her fingers as InuYasha chuckled behind her. Jamming her hands into his haori sleeves playfully, she started groaning and moaning, swaying back and forth. Instantly InuYasha's hold tightened on her from high in the tree, and she laughed as he lightly nipped her neck to chastise her.
 
 
Sitting in the tree with Kagome safely between his raised knees, her back securely on his chest was a troublesome take, he soon discovered, where as she liked to ask questions about every single thing. It surprised her, though, when he brought in the conversation about children. "Six, InuYasha?"
 
 
His cheeks flushed as he laid his chin on her shoulder, taking a deep breath and letting his ears move like little radars on his head. Looking over her shoulder for a minute before he answered, he sighed and placed his hands on her stomach, his palms open and warm. "What's wrong with that?"
 
 
She shrugged and tried to seem innocent. "You have to have patience with children, InuYasha."
 
 
"I have patience."
 
 
"I can't even pee for three minutes without you ranting and raving about how my bladder is stupid."
 
 
He snorted and blushed. "You take too long, and I don't rant and rave."
 
 
"Okay, I'm sorry. You whine."
 
 
He growled softly as he tweaked her nose, hollering for a little boy to stop leaning over in the well. Miroku and Sango were back at the cave, and Sesshomaru had to take Kaname and her mate to the Inu territory to present her young to the rest of her family. So InuYasha and Kagome were left to make sure everything was okay with the village. But InuYasha knew since Sesshomaru had left his scent everywhere, it was very unlikely for it to be attacked by youkai anyway.
 
 
InuYasha sighed as Kagome twirled a locke of his hair in her fingers. Her scent was so peaceful. Her aroma always caused him to relax, to quake under her, to melt into a puddle of nothing. But he'd burn in hell before he told her that. She sighed as she turned to look at him, placing a kiss on his cheeks when her face took on a worried frown. "InuYasha---how do you expect us to defeat somebody that we know nothing about?"
 
 
InuYasha sighed and shrugged, trying to calm her insecurities. But she had a point---just how was she going to do it? “I don't know---maybe we just have to wait a while . . . as long as it takes?"
 
 
"But what about the family?"
 
 
He sighed and ran his claws up her bare leg, making her shudder. "If we have to wait to ensure my pups will be safe---I'd wait centuries," He said softly. "I just want you to know that."
 
 
"InuYasha---I think I know a way to stop Sachiko---"
 
 
"Let's not talk about her, okay?"
 
 
She smiled and kissed the tip of his nose, giggling when he pretended to fall out of the tree with her in his arms only to land neatly on his face. She giggled and he flattened his ears as his cheeks pinked.
 
 
Her happiness was palpable---her easy going attitudes making him feel proud deep inside. Her smiles weren't false, or full of fatigue like he was used to. They were sincere, and she gasped when he dropped his mouth over hers. She tightened her hands into fist full of his undershirt, marveling when he made a small noise in his chest that had wicked effects on her bosom. Pulling apart, he dropped his forehead on hers. "What was that for?" She whispered.
 
 
He shrugged and grinned wolfishly. "I don't know---I felt like it."
 
 
"Well feel like it more often," She said softly, reaching forward to grab one of his ears.
 
 
A sharp scream made him instinctively take his place in front of Kagome, flattening his ears and scowling when Sachiko came strolling through the village like she was welcome. Her black wings spread out behind her; she strolled towards them, whistling as InuYasha snarled. "Why are you here?"
 
 
Sachiko regarded him for a moment, but looked at Kagome. "You plan to bear him children in the future, correct? You don't have the power to defeat me by yourself---you and I both know that."
 
 
Kagome sighed and dug her face into InuYasha's back, holding herself up with his weight. He looked over his shoulder, but he didn't want to have his back turned for a second. She was a tricky little devil . . ."What are you talking about?"
 
 
Sachiko laughed as she twirled around, sitting in the air with her wings flapping, crossing her legs and filing her claws. "Oh, she hasn't told her dear boyfriend? She knows a forbidden spell that'll kill her in three months if it isn't broken. You plan to use that, don't you?"
 
 
Kagome groaned as InuYasha growled. His anger was noticeable---she knew he was going to question her about his later. "Leave Kagome out of this! She wouldn't put herself in danger---"
 
 
"Oh, my, my . . . and she would," She said with a sneer, the villagers gathering around to stare at the horrific figure taking a seat in the air. "She cares about nobody but herself---dying and leaving all of you to be killed by me."
 
 
"I wouldn't InuYasha---"
 
 
"I know," He said softly.
 
 
"Believe me or not," Sachiko said with a snort. "But when the time comes, and she explains it to you---be careful not to raise your claws against your precious daughter."

8:88:888:88:8

Sango giggled as Miroku stuck a flower into her hair as he returned with Kirara. She sighed and pulled him into her arms, hugging him tight as he swept her up and took her back into the cave. "I've missed you," She said softly.
 
 
"I've been gone for ten minutes," He said, placing her softly on the futon and sprawling out next to her. "I just had to check the surrounding area."
 
 
Sango giggled and kissed his forehead, stroking Kirara as she squeezed in between them. It had been at least two days since the day in the forest---and she had been removed of the necklace once they were sure that nothing would happen. She was free of the spell---and free to live her life with Miroku.
 
 
He stroked her bangs out of her face, planting a sweet kiss on her cheek before he allowed her to squirm closer to him. Her warm body sent chills down his spine---yet he knew something was deeply troubling her. She was hiding something---he could see it in the depths of her gaze, could feel it in her soft smiles that she would shoot him.
 
 
His thoughts were led astray when he felt her soft hands pushing through his shirt, placing her palms on his bare chest and smiling when a hiss fell from his lips. A ragged moan, a soft whisper for her to continue caused her to giggle as she dragged her nails on his skin lightly, making him break into a shudder and grab her wrists with such force that it made her shudder.
 
 
Flipping them both over, he placed kisses on her collarbone, his tongue lashing out on the jugular of her neck, moaning when she arched her back so that her hips slammed into his, grazing against his need, teasing his arousal. "Sango---"
 
 
"No . . . don't stop . . .”
 
 
"But . . .”
 
 
"Miroku . . .”
 
 
Her breathless moans did something to his sanity, caused him to shudder. Yet she was extremely disappointed when he sprawled on his back next to her and hid his eyes with his forearms. Gathering her sense, she sat up and looked down at him. "What's the matter?"
 
 
He wanted to be straight with it . . . yet he knew it was going to make the situation worse. But there was no easy way to put it, was there? There was no easy way to ask her---to explain to her how he felt . . .
 
 
"We need to talk," He said softly, sitting up and gathering her in his lap. Her soft giggle made him grimace, and he tightened his arms around her waist as she placed soft kisses on his neck, chin and jugular.
 
 
She pouted when he placed a finger on her lips, and pushed her back softly with a ragged sigh, giving her a look meaning he was serious. She sighed and laid her head on his shoulders. "Do I want to listen?" She said, panic in her voice.
 
 
Miroku tightened his arms around her and sighed. "I---Something tells me something is very wrong with . . .”
 
 
"You're regretting it?"
 
 
Miroku quickly shook his head, grimacing when she pushed herself away from him with a growl. "No! It's not like that---"
 
 
"I thought we trusted each other . . . and then after we did 'it' then you have second thoughts? Well that's too bad, lech, because we can't go back on what happened!"
 
 
"Sango---please---"
 
 
"I guess you just want me to die, right? Or better yet for me to snap when nobody realizes it and kill us all? Is that it, Miroku!" She hissed his name so sharply he felt a chill crawl up his spine. Her gaze was so dark, and Kirara watched in confusion as Sango beckoned her and stomped out of the cave.
 
 
"Where are you going?" Miroku called after her.
 
 
"For a walk you . . . you lech!" She screeched. "Come, Kirara!"
 
 
Kirara looked as if she didn't want to go. Miroku shot her a false smile and waved his hand for her to follow Sango. "Make sure she's alright," He said softly. "I'll be fine."
 
 
With one last glance at Miroku, Kirara transformed and ran after Sango.

8:88:888:88:8

"No."
 
 
Kagome snorted and pushed him in his chest as she advanced towards him, giving him a dark scowl as her anger flowed into mere annoyance. "Why do you have to be so hard with everything?"
 
 
He flattened his ears, but maintained his stubborn demeanor, matching her glare with his own. But his ears gave him away, and when she growled, he whimpered and scooted away from her. The smell of Sakura blossoms was rich in the air on top of the small hill that overlooked the village. The moon was high above, the cool night air nipping at Kagome's bare skin as the soft wind caressed her cheeks, rosy from the excitement of the day.
 
 
After Sachiko had finished trading insults with InuYasha, they had a battle---partially destroying the mansion. The villagers were working on it, but Kagome thought it best if she take InuYasha into the outskirts of the village before she tended his wounds, since a couple of the villagers were furious. He had taken many wounds to the chest, and had a small cut on his cheek. He had been stabbed in his shoulder by the claws---but his stubborn pride kept her from helping him. "I don't need any of that stuff," He said with a sneer. "I'll be fine by morning."
 
 
"InuYasha, if those cuts get infected, you'll get sick."
 
 
"Keh! Hanyous don't get sick, wench."
 
 
Kagome growled as she slammed the first aid kit sharply, making InuYasha wince as the shift in the air announced a new arrival. The sharp hiss behind him, the gasp of unbelief made InuYasha stand up and whirl around as Kaname took a step forward. Her face was calm and soft---but Kagome could feel the anger warring underneath her calm exterior. "InuYasha. Kagome? What happened to my home?"
 
 
Kagome shot InuYasha an irritated look as she stood up and rubbed her knuckle over Ryoko's cheek. Ryoko was sleeping soundly, pressed tightly onto Daisuke, who was wide away. Their ears were standing up now and rotating, small black triangles that caught Kagome's attention immediately. However, when he bared his fangs at her, and Kaname cleared her throat, she winced again and sighed. "Well---you see what had happened was---"
 
 
"It was either us or the house," InuYasha said rudely, fixing his haori with a snort. "Sachiko came to pay us a visit, and unless we would have moved, we would have been dead."
 
 
Kaname looked a little pale, and Sesshomaru snorted behind her as him and InuYasha glared at each other. Sesshomaru looked highly irritated, and Kagome didn't miss the slight bit of envy that traveled through his icy gaze.
 
 
Kaname simply sighed and sat down on the small blanket Kagome and InuYasha had been using. When Kagome followed her, Sesshomaru grabbed InuYasha and tugged him toward the forest.
 
 
Kagome smiled as Kaname held out the babies, who were both laid in a blanket keeping them close together, for her to hold. Cradling them both to her chest, she cooed softly as Ryoko opened her eyes.
 
 
Daisuke immediately began stirring, and Kagome smiled when Ryoko began to whimper and Daisuke's ears flattened. "So young---and so adorable!" She whispered as Kaname began to fix herself for their feeding.
 
 
Kagome grinned. She knew how much this affected Kaname---especially since she had eaten more than Kagome probably could in three days. But Kaname looked strong and healthy, and that mattered most. Taking Daisuke in one arm and putting one breast in his mouth, and putting Ryoko in the other and putting the other breast into her mouth, she sighed when they began feeding, their blue eyes traveling all over the place, trying to take in everything at once.
 
 
"Kagome---there is something I have to talk to you about."
 
 
Kagome nodded her eyes and watched as Daisuke began squeezing on the breast. Kaname winced and loosened his hold on it, smiling when he contented just to eat. "Okay---shoot."
 
 
"I visited my mother---and also an old friend of mine."
 
 
"Is something the matter?"
Kaname sighed as her face went the ash white color again. Her voice was strained, and her soft smile was tight. "I've been granted the wish to see into the future . . . to be informed I am to be slaughtered by my own flesh and blood."
 
 
Kagome immediately looked at the two children. If she was correct---no child could ever hurt their mother.
 
 
'And if the situation was in youkai terms . . . Sesshomaru would be forced to slaughter the murderer, right?'
 
 
Kaname's eyes filled with tears, and she held her children close as she kissed both of their foreheads. "He will slaughter me---to protect her . . . and unless another child is brought into the picture . . . she will slaughter him to protect her power."
 
 
"But . . . what a cruel fate for such children---"
 
 
"Kagome . . . there is something I want to show you."
 
 
Placing the children onto the blanket and wrapping them with the piece of clothe, Kaname didn't bother to strap her breasts again as she pulled an amulet from her waist strap. The jewel in the middle had a beautiful glow as soon as Kagome touched it, the eight jewels surrounding it reacting to her source of power. "What---"
 
 
"This amulet is the source of the next child's power---the savior of Musashi."
 
 
"Who is this child? What does this amulet has to do with any of Musashi?"
 
 
Kaname took Kagome's hand and placed it in Kagome's hand, closing her hand over Kagome's. Her body was shaking, and the children beneath them both was stirring and calling out to her because they were still hungry. "Listen to me---it will be able to power three spirits, but this alone will not be enough."
 
 
"What?"
 
 
"There are three mikos whose power were unmatched by no one around. You house the spirit of one of the three mikos. You, yourself, are the other."
 
 
"Three? Who's the third miko? Kaname---I don't understand . . .”
 
 
"Listen to me---the spirit of the forbidden one, as well as the priestess Kikyou, combined with your own will not be able to defeat Sachiko. As long as she reigns supreme, her power will grow. She feeds off of the sorrow---the hate . . . the darkness of people's souls."
 
 
"But where do I find this child? How will I find this child?"
 
 
"She will be born---from your womb."

8:88:888:88:8

The forest air was thick with the scent of pines---the scent that was InuYasha. Sesshomaru scoffed as he strode deeper into the woods, InuYasha nevertheless following him, though his irritation tore at Sesshomaru's cool demeanor. How irritating can this hanyou be?
 
 
Sesshomaru stopped at a small pond, looking down into it with a scowl and hunkering down beside it. InuYasha stopped beside him, jamming his hands into the sleeves of his haori as Sesshomaru stuck a finger into the water. The water turned a crimson color, and was littered with the scent of blood---of a hanyou who smelled of . . . of . . .
 
 
"Peaches?"
 
 
Sesshomaru pushed his fingers to his lips as the water began to stir. Taking InuYasha's arms, he yanked him into the water. When InuYasha coughed and stood up, he was just drenched in water. The blood had disappeared. Sesshomaru watched with amusement as InuYasha looked stupefied, confused, puzzled, to outrage. "Just what were you---?"
 
 
"You'll thank me, one day." Sesshomaru said with a shrug as InuYasha stepped out of the small pond. "It is done."
 
 
"What 'is done' you son of a---"
 
 
"Do you wish to toss insults at one another?"
 
 
"Why I oughta---"
 
 
"---because this is not the time," Sesshomaru said sharply.
 
 
Even though InuYasha was never afraid of Sesshomaru, he knew now was not the time for smart comments. Instead, he watched as Sesshomaru began straying off, and for some reason, he knew Sesshomaru wanted him to follow him.
 
 
He had hated Sesshomaru ever since he could remember, but for some reason, compassion was deep down in his spirit. Before, he would have never admitted it---but now it seemed like the time for the feelings to come pouring out. Sesshomaru was always quiet, distant . . . he always never told anybody he was hurt, or that something was bothering him.
 
 
But Sesshomaru had even cracked a smile once before. Was he seeing Sesshomaru's true side? If so---why did he hide it for so long?
 
 
"Father has explained to me the situation,"
 
 
"What? But the old man's---"
 
 
"Even though he isn't in flesh," Sesshomaru said. "Our dear Father still talks to me through the whispers of the wind."
 
 
InuYasha flattened his ears as Sesshomarus' scold and snorted. "Okay---what has this got to do with me?"
 
 
Sesshomaru turned and faced InuYasha. "Traveling back to our territory has shown me that the time has come for me to serve your purpose---as well as for you to serve yours."
 
 
"What?"
 
 
"In three years I will disappear, InuYasha."
 
 
"What? Why?"
 
 
Sesshomaru sighed and ran a tired hand over his face as his anger slowly disappeared. Even though he was a hanyou, and a quite foolish hanyou at that, it was impossible to stay mad at him for long. "It is my job---father has explained to me what we both must do in order to protect Musashi."
 
 
"What?"
 
 
Sesshomaru gave InuYasha a bored stare. InuYasha knew he was hiding something---but for some reason he was scared to ask. "Listen closely, InuYasha. In short time, we will become subdued---and the only choice we will have is to work for the enemy. But you are clever, InuYasha. I assure you---I'm not going to be able to help you with his battle."
 
 
"But---"
 
 
"Promise me you'll protect Kagome to the very end---conscious or not."
 
 
InuYasha snapped his mouth shut. Sesshomaru was showing an extremely surprising amount of emotion right now, and if InuYasha didn't see it, he knew it. He was worried . . . concerned---and most surprising, scared. "If I promise you this, where will you go?"
 
 
Sesshomaru chuckled and resting his hand on the handle of his blade. Though this was a usual taunt for InuYasha, he knew he wasn't going to draw his blade. "Don't worry---I'll be close whenever you need me. Remember . . . you still have three years to get it together . . . to become strong."
 
 
InuYasha shot Sesshomaru a grin and shrugged. "Okay---I'll protect Kagome, no matter what happens, 'conscious or not'."
 
 
Sesshomaru sighed. "You have to protect her---and everything that is her."
 
 
"Okay---I'll protect her and everything that is her."
 
 
Sesshomaru sighed and nodded, walking past InuYasha. But he stopped, and looking over his shoulder, Sesshomaru shrugged and shook his head. InuYasha muttered something under his breath as Sesshomaru began walking again.
 
 
'Why do I have a feeling we just---'
 
 
'You and Sesshomaru just made an agreement, believe it or not. Brother or not, he cares for Kagome just as much as you do.'
 
 
'But---I don't understand it.'
 
 
'You aren't meant to. As an older brother, he's looking out for you. Now it's your duty as a younger brother to uphold the family honor---keep the promise.'
 
 
InuYasha felt pride grow within him. 'Okay---I'll do it.'
 
 
Meanwhile, Sesshomaru grinned to himself as he looked up at the bright stars.
 
 
'Prepare yourself, dear brother. This battle will cost you a lotof pain---and if you aren't strong enough . . . it may even cost you what is most dear to you.'
 
 
Shaking his head as InuYasha fell in step beside him; he didn't miss the flicker of worry in his brother's gaze.'But even if you aren't---I'll be there to guide her the whole way.'

8:88:888:88:8

The village burned with an angry fire as men, woman and children were slaughtered one by one. Sachiko watched, with Ayaka beside her as the flames of the village warmed her feet as they watched above. Her wings flapped, her arms crossed with admiration, and she watched as Ayaka's eyed gleamed with pleasure. "Are you enjoying the view, my dear?"
 
 
"Yes, M'Lady!" Ayaka said excitedly. "It is most entertaining watching the mere mortals flee for their lives."
 
 
Sachiko watched with a dim expression as a young woman walked into the open, pointing a bloody finger at Sachiko. Tears rolled down her face, mixing with the blood. Her clothes were ripped and torn, and she had the most terribly gash across her chest, shoulder and stomach. The stench of death drowned out her normal scent---yet she had enough strength to voice her hatred. "You shall not . . . get away . . . with . . . this . . .”
 
 
'This woman . . . with that wound . . . has she enough strength to curse me? Yes . . . I shall grant her life indeed.'
 
 
"I shall give you your life back---if you work for me."
 
 
The woman coughed, blood spilling from out of her mouth as she fell to one knee. Her stubborn pride kept her from passing out. She knew death was near . . . she could see them inching closer to subdue her . . . but she wasn't finished . . . not by a long shot. "I'll never work for the likes of you."
 
 
"Really."
 
 
"I assure you---my death with not go unnoticed. You weren't able to kill Kaname---were you?"
 
 
Sachiko's face twisted to anger as she scowled down at the woman. "So you are the dear Ryoko. May I ask how could you have hidden yourself from me?"
 
 
Ryoko laughed as she fell to her other knee. She was so close to death---with each slow beat of her heart, her strength seemed to face away . . . "You couldn't find me because Kimiko wouldn't let you see. She still lives inside of you."
 
 
"You fool!" Sachiko roared with laughter. "With your death---I will be freed of this useless human heart!"
 
 
Ryoko gave her a bloody grin. "Human heart or not---Kimiko's conscious will not let you hurt another one of her friends souls, will she? So you seek to destroy us . . . to get her out of your body."
 
 
"Will you just die already?"
 
 
Ryoko raised her hands into the air. 'With this last ounce of strength---I pray that Kami give my strength---my power---my love to the person destined to defeat this evil foe. Please---guide her . . . keep . . . her .. . well. . . '
 
 
Sachiko watched in horrified fascination as Ryoko's body erupted in a brilliant flash of light, and a soft orb disappeared into the sky, behind the trees and into the forest. Ayaka gasped. "That fools! She'll wander the Earth forever!"
 
 
Sachiko snapped her fingers, watching as a large wing formed beneath them and began to carry them away. 'No---she has simply given her spirit to someone. Unless I find out who . . . I'll surely be defeated!'
 
 
"Is something wrong, M'Lady?"
 
 
Sachiko looked at Ayaka and scowled. 'She has served her purpose. What shall I do with my little puppet?'

8:88:888:88:8

A/N
 
 
Thank those of you that waited for me---everything is alright at home. For those of you who checked out my other story---'Angels' care to tell me if you like it or not?
 
 
Dedicated to:
 
 
David Turman
 
 
&
 
 
'Madea'
 
 
RIP