InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Grease, Inuyasha Style ❯ Confrontations ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Grease, (Inuyasha Style) Ch9 (Confrontations)
Disclaimer: I ain't owning of anything that's here except da idea of da story, zeen?


Miroku looked at the approaching Dogs with a slight look of distain, already planning an escape route for his gang since technically they were outnumbered. He felt Ginta standing rigidly beside him, and Naraku on his other side, trembling with the urge to pounce and get the fight started. Miroku looked at the Dogs, and sized up the guys and realized that two of them were younglings and only two were full-grown.

He turned his attention to the girls; the one whom they were picking on could be a handful since she was ready to take them all on a few minutes ago. Miroku looked over at the other girl and paused a real long time, his eyes running up and down her body, glazing over slightly, before he felt Ginta push him forward slightly and realized that the Dogs' stand-in leader was coming forward for the war council. Casting one last lingering glance at the girl, Miroku slouched appropriately, hooking his thumbs into his back pockets and walked over readily, a smirk gracing his face. Hiten looked at him with an up-curled lip, as if he smelt bad meat. Miroku raised a careless eyebrow at him and got straight to the point.

"What are you doing in our territory, Dog?” Hiten glared at him.

"What are you and your Wolves doing harassing a female?" He shot back.

"What she doing on our turf, Crotch-Sniffer"

"Whatchu doing with your grimy paws all over her, Piss-Breathe"

"This is the last time I want to see any of your kind cruising our territory, Fleas."

"I could say the same to you, Scrub-Scum." Somehow, through their insults, they had both agreed not to rumble.

"Learn to read a piss mark and stay on your side."

"Learn some manners on treating a woman." Miroku bristled.

"Oh, you're tuff enough, Dog-Shit." Hiten rolled his eyes.

"Need a hair cut, Wolf-Shit?" There was a long pause, and then both Miroku and Hiten turned around and went to their gangs. Miroku stood with his members as he watched the Dogs gather their wayward member and start walking over to their side of the street, Miroku's eyes never once leaving that certain female. Naraku shoved him which snapped him out of his daze.

"Why the hell did you let them get away!?” He shouted, incredulously, "We were evenly matched! I could have taken those two little socs with one hand tied behind my back!" Miroku sighed and started walking back further into their territory. "Hey! Where you going! We can still catch them on our side and we’d be legit!" Naraku stretched out a hand to stop him but Miroku flashed him such a heated glare that he pulled back his hand as if he was going to touch fire. Ginta raised an eyebrow.

"Hey, greaser, cool it huh?" He said, softly, pacifying the situation, "You know Naraku, one track mind with fighting." Miroku nodded and sighed again, shooting them a small smile.

"Sorry I'm not in the mood, you guys." He said as apology as he walked away, "I need to get boozed-up." He called out as he disappeared around the corner, thoughts of a certain Dog Demon running through his head. The rest of his gang looked at each other, bewildered, before shrugging and headed their separate ways; Ginta, Ayame and Kagura to the greaser's malt shop, Players, and Naraku to the park to rustle up a fight and make some money.


Scene change


Miroku walked away from his friends, feeling the blood pounding in his head, both of them, and tried to distract himself from making a fool of himself in the middle of the street. He just couldn't seem to get that girl's face out of his mind, not that he wanted to, but it was kind of distracting. Miroku groaned to himself as he remembered that beautiful girl. He wanted to know her, wanted to know what stores she liked to go to, what ice-cream flavour was her favourite, or even what her name is was good enough. But of course, he could never think like that. She was a socs girl, a Dog at that! And probably already spoken for if any of those Dogs had any sense. They wouldn't be good together, it's not right. But then again, Kouga had admitted to liking a Dog girl. So maybe...

Miroku snapped back into reality and noticed Kouga's car rolling down the street towards him, the driver whistling gaily to himself. Miroku shook his head and, picturing Ginta and Hakakku dancing naked to calm himself down, he put a smile on his face and walked up to his leader.

"Miroku! My main hoodlum, you tuff enough or what?" Kouga said, grinning and giving him the Wolf sign. Miroku grinned and Wolf signed back.

"Are you boozed-up again, Kouga?" He asked, curiously. Kouga shook his head and jumped out of the car.

"Yup! I've been boozing up on life!" Miroku laughed, and then suddenly turned serious.

"You better dry out, Kouga, there was a confrontation with some Dogs on our territory-" Kouga looked up alarmed. "-But we got them off with no rumble. But we got to have a meeting about the Dogs. They've been in out territory too many times and it won’t happen again.” He muttered darkly. Kouga looked at him with a peculiar look on his face before shrugging and looking away.

"Will you cool it, hood?" Kouga, grumbled, lighting up a Jewel Shard and taking a drag. "We'll be having a Meeting, you dig?" Miroku nodded, looking at Kouga blankly. His leader raised his eyebrow at him. "What you looking at?" Miroku shrugged his shoulders, lighting a Jewel Shard.

"Nothing. It just seems that you don't care too much that Dogs were on our land." He said vaguely, taking a drag and letting it out. Kouga shrugged his shoulders, blowing a smoke ring.

"Glory, hood, worry about you're own problems, huh?" Miroku's face froze and he looked down quickly. Kouga raised an eyebrow as he threw away his finished cigarette and lit another one. "What's up, Miroku? You ain't acting your usual ornery self. Something the matter?" Miroku shook his head, trying to come up with a good lie, but then reconsidered. Kouga was his leader and, more than that, one of his best friends. Plus, Kouga had openly admitted to liking a Dog female...so maybe he could help?

"Umm, Kouga, you know that Dog girl that you like?" Kouga stiffened, ready for an argument.

"Yah, what of it?" Miroku gave him a sheepish smile.

"Well, I kinda understand what you're going through" Kouga gave him a confused look and Miroku sighed. "I like a socs girl, too, savvy? A Dog at that. And, umm, I don't know what to do." Kouga gave him a half-grin.

"Really? Now that's tuff enough. Who is it?" Miroku shrugged his shoulders, leaning against the car.

"Wish I knew. She's just a beautiful girl I want to get to know better." Kouga nodded his head thoughtfully. "But she would never even look at a greaser let alone give him the time of day. I don't know what to do. Just forget about her?" Miroku looked up desperately and Kouga put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Miroku, don't give up so easily, man. I'm sure once you start talking to her, she will see the you to be the great guy that you are, greaser or not." Miroku raised an eyebrow in disbelief and Kouga winked. "Don't worry, buddy. You should give it a try, you never know what miracle might happen, savvy?" Kouga grinned crazily, did the Wolf sign, and jumped back into his car and drove away in the direction of his house, whistling happily again. Miroku looked at him confused yet heartened. If Kouga was so optimistic about his chances of getting a socs girl then he'll try it. What could he lose? A thought halted Miroku in his steps as a revelation came to him. ‘But WHY was Kouga so optimistic? Did something happen between him and…’ Miroku shook that thought away and lit another Jewel Shard as he walked towards his house, thinking about a certain girl who will soon be his if he had any say in it.


Scene change


The Dog Demons held themselves together until they turned the corner and crossed back to their territory. There they all visibly relaxed and put away their various weapons, joking and shoving each other.

"Geez, Hojo," Kohaku called out, "You looked like you were gonna piss your pants, man! What’s up with that?" The group laughed as Hojo grabbed Kohaku in a headlock.

"You wish, mini-man," He growled out, playfully, "I was just worrying about your little head being bashed in by one of those girls they had." Hiten nodded his head solemnly.

"He’s got you there, Kohaku. Those girls had three inches on you easily." Kohaku growled and sucker punched Hojo in his stomach and pulled free.

"You guys just worry about you teeth being knocked down your throat." He said, brushing off his arms as if nothing happened, "If you lost those, what would the girls like about you?" He and Souta high-fived as Hiten and Hojo frowned and crossed their arms, imagining their smiles minus teeth. Sango laughed and raised an eyebrow.

"They’ve got you there." She said, winking. Hiten and Hojo sent a glare at her which only increased her laughter.

"You saying that the only thing that attracts you to me is my teeth, Sango?" Hiten said, raising an eyebrow. Sango rolled her eyes and grinned at Kohaku and Souta.

"Well I guess you’re right, Hiten." He smirked and looked at the guys with a triumphant look on his face. “That would be going off of the assumption that there is anything attractive about you in the first place.” The gang burst out laughing as Hiten sputtered in indignation then started chasing Sango around the group shouting ‘Kiss me, Sango, kiss me and forget my teeth!’ Kagome watched the easy-going banter going on between her friends, wanting to join in but knowing that they would remember why they were in Wolf territory in the first place and start with the questions. She tried to back away quietly from the group but an un-lady like sneeze erupted from her and everyone looked at her, remembered their curiosity and looked expectantly at her. The cornered girl realized that the questions were gonna start flowing like water and she had all her answers prepared. When it was clear that Kagome wasn't going to start the discussion, Hiten turned to her and raised an eyebrow.

"Okay Kagome, tell us what happened to you last night and today." Kagome sighed, closed her eyes and let out her prepared answer, tears. Hiten looked taken aback as Sango stepped forward, shooting the confused boy a glare and quickly gathered up the sobbing girl and walked away.

"It’s okay." They heard her murmur, "Boys, there’s no understanding them, they’re all insensitive jerks. You’ve been through a rough time and all they care about is…" Her voice faded away with probably more insults against the male species as she and Kagome turned the corner. Hiten looked around and the other guys all gave him a look of sympathy.

"What I do?" Hojo came up to him and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Girls, there's no understanding them, you dig? No point in trying, you won't get no where." The boys all nodded and sighed in unison as they headed their separate ways; Hojo and Hiten headed towards the socs's malt shop, The Works, and Kohaku and Souta headed for their tree house.


Scene change


Kohaku and Souta walked slowly down the street, hands in their pockets, shoes shuffling the gravel on the road. They passed people on the sidewalk, some of whom knew them and waved And Kohaku couldn't help nodding or winking back, depending on the gender. Souta kept to himself and acknowledged people every now and then but he thought it too tiresome to bring up a smile to these random acquaintances who only sucked up to them cause they were a part of the Dog Demons. Kohaku shook his head and looked sideways at Souta.

"Glory, Dog, but your sister sure is crazy." Souta smiled as he punched his friend lightly on the shoulder.

"Tell me about it, I'm living with her." The two friends chuckled and then lapsed into silence, each thinking their own thoughts. "Hey, man," Souta started, "What you think actually happened to Kags? I mean, what she doing in Wolf territory?" Kohaku shrugged as he pulled the wrapper off a red lollipop and stuck it in his mouth. (A/N well, I couldn't have such younglings smoking now can I?).

"Knowing Kagome, she was probably daydreaming and headed in the wrong direction." Souta shook his head, imagining his sister actually doing that. He suddenly frowned however and Kohaku looked at him quizzically, waiting for him to speak. Souta sighed.

"Hey, what if she was going over to Wolf territory to talk to Shippo?" Kohaku stiffened at the sound of the traitor’s name and glared at his friend.

"You know he doesn't deserve to be mentioned by name." He growled out. "And what's this about the Deserter? No way would Kagome go looking for that flea-bag, he belongs with the rest of those greasers." They had stopped walking and were staring each other down. Souta look at him coolly, his impassive mask back on. The pain of when he first heard that Shippo had abandoned them for their enemy came back with a vengeance and felt as fresh as when he heard it that fateful night not so long ago. Souta struggled to keep both his face and voice devoid of feeling as he looked Kohaku dead in the eye.

"Remember," He started in a low voice, sticking a lollipop that he found in his pocket into his mouth, "that 'flea-bag' was like a brother to me and a son to both my mom AND Kagome. So no way ain't me or Kagome gonna be forgetting about him so soon or calling him Deserter, savvy? He’s still family and there's gotta be a good reason for him going to the Wolves, you dig?" Kohaku snorted and they looked away from each other, gathering their thoughts and thinking before they said anything they both regretted.

"That's almost treason you talking there, boy." Kohaku mumbled around his candy, looking back at his friend, eyebrow raised slightly.

"I know." Souta sighed, "That's why I just don't talk about him, it still bugs us at home, you know?" Kohaku nodded, regretfully.

"Glory, let's cool it huh? I apologize for starting in on him, he was a tuff enough kid." Souta nodded and then smiled as Kohaku grinned at him and punched him lightly on the shoulder. They continued their walk, hands shoved deep into their pockets and the only sound was Souta slurping on his lollipop and girls on the sidewalk giggling as Kohaku sent a couple of winks at them.

"Hey!" Kohaku said suddenly, "What if the Deser...umm, Shippo, went to the Wolves because of a girl? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time someone did something like that for a girl." Souta thought about that silently. He saw the logic in it and wished desperately for his almost-brother to be there with them to answer their questions. He thought back to all the stupid stunts Kohaku, Hiten, Hojo and Inuyasha did to get a girl to notice and go out with them so Shippo could have gone over to the Wolves to get the girl he wanted. He vaguely recalled a girl on the other side that Shippo may have mentioned on aside. Maybe, just maybe...

"Maybe." Souta nodded, "Just maybe." Kohaku shrugged, mind already elsewhere.

"All right, buddy, let's get to that tree house, we still have those hand to hand techniques that we need to figure out. What was Hiten saying to do with your hands if you were to fall?"

"Don't try to catch your fall with your hands," Souta recited, "You'd most likely break something then you'll be useless for the gang. Catch your weight with your whole body." He looked confused, "But what he's talking about I have no idea. How do we catch our weight with our whole body but not our hands?" Kohaku smirked at him.

"Here, let me floor you so you can practice." Souta rolled his eyes and side-stepped Kohaku as he came charging, laughing. "What are friends for?"

"What, you think you tuff enough, son?" Souta taunted. "C'mon, hood, try and catch me." Kohaku growled, grinning, as he howled to the sky.

"You gonna wish you didn’t say that, punk, the Dog Demons are on the prowl." Souta let out a whoop.

"That sounds like a challenge, Butt-sniffer, lets see who survives." He stuck out his tongue and started running as he heard Kohaku yelled something about cheaters and ran after him, their past disagreement already forgotten.


Scene change


Kagome and Sango walked down the street towards Sango's place, Kagome occasionally sniffling and Sango calming her down. Abruptly, Kagome stopped crying and looked over at Sango who looked back at her with an eyebrow raised. Kagome sighed and looked down.

"What's your first question?"

"Where were you last night?" Kagome frowned a bit in concentration.

"At what time exactly? I didn't exactly stay in one place for too long." Sango sighed.

"Ok, what happened after you got your purse from Sesshoumaru?" Kagome's eyes hardened as she spoke in a mechanical way.

"Was walking to Inuyasha's to say I'm sorry for the way I acted. Saw him with Kikyo-" Sango gasped. "They were kissing in the middle of the street-" Double gasp and growl. "I yelled at him. Broke up with him. Ran away. Dropped my purse along the way. I was in the park, crying, when someone came up to me. Calmed me down, gave me back my purse..." Kagome's voice faded away and Sango looked at her. "Kou-, the person, we talked and I fell asleep. They carried me to their house-" Outraged sound. "No! Nothing happened! I slept on the bed and in the morning they drove me back home."

"And this morning?" Kagome sighed.

"I was walking to your house, believe it or not, but I wasn't thinking and walked right into Wolf territory. They found me, and one of the guys really started in on me but the others, especially the stand-in leader, were telling him to back off. Then you guys came." Sango looked at her, digesting all this information.

"All right, now on to the hard questions. Who was it that called me last night?" Kagome looked confused for a moment, then understanding.

"That was Kou-, the person. They wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get into trouble with my family." Sango looked at her sharply.

"Well, its either a girl could really pull of a guy's voice or it was a guy's voice I heard on the phone." Kagome blushed. "Who was it on the phone?" Kagome looked down and steeled herself for Sango's reaction.

"It was Kouga." Sango looked at her blankly and Kagome rolled her eyes. "Kouga? The, um, leaderoftheoftheWolves." Kagome closed her eyes, ready for impact. Sango looked confused as she tried to work out what Kagome said, and when she did, her eyes opened wide in shock.

"Glory, girl, are you crazy!" She exploded and Kagome winced but let her continue to get it all out of her system. "You slept in the same house as a greaser! Oh, but not just any greaser, the leader of the stupid Wolves! He dropped you home! He knows my number! You trusted him not to rob you blind as you slept on his bed!" Sango paused, eyes widening in shock. “You slept in his BED!” She broke off to get her breath as she shot a fierce look at Kagome who jumped at the chance to talk.

"All right, Sango, it's my turn to talk now. I told you, nothing happened! The only thing he took was my address book, which he gave back, to find your number, and he doesn’t remember it. His mom and little sister were in the same house so nothing could have happened even if he did want anything to happen." She suddenly looked angry. "And who cares if he's a greaser or not! He helped me when I was low. Look at what Inuyasha did to me and he’s a socs." Sango’s eyes widened as she tried to pacify her friend to no avail. "I thought you of all people would understand a little better. I would expect this sort of ignorant behaviour from the guys maybe, but not you, Sango."

"All right, fine, nothing happened." Sango said, dejectedly, "But, if you slept on his bed, where did he sleep?" Kagome blushed and looked at the sky.

"Mars is unusually bright today." Sango gawked at her.

"One thing, you can't see Mars in the day time; second, you never answered my question." Kagome looked at her, hesitantly.

"Well, ah, funny story actually," she began, embarrassed, "While I was on his bed, virtue in tack I must add, he put his hand on my cheek-" Eyebrow raised. "-And I, in my sleep, put my hand on his, then I rolled over and he kinda fell into the bed behind me-" Both eyebrows raised. "-And, well, he didn't want to wake me-" Snort. "-So we slept on the same bed." Sango puckered up her face as she thought things over as Kagome waited with bated breathe. Slowly, a smirk flitted across her face as she thought of the position that Kagome was in last night and winked at the girl.

"No fair, you nearly got tail last night and you didn't even want any! You shoulda sent that man over into my bed, I would show him what a socs girl could do!" Kagome laughed, as the tension was eased between the two best friends as they continued walking.

"So now what's gonna happen?" Sango asked, as she applied a new layer of lip-gloss to her lips. Kagome sighed as she thought about the next bit of news she was going to unload unto her friend and wondered what her reaction will be.

"Well, funny you should ask, cuz Kouga asked me out on a date actually-" Shocked squawk. "-And I said yes." Sango twitched violently and she smeared lip-gloss over her face as she whirled around, flabbergasted. Kagome looked up at her fearfully, and then burst out laughing as she gave Sango a tissue to wipe her face. Sango grudgingly took it and glared at the laughing girl as she wiped the lip-gloss off her face.

"I can't believe he had the balls to ask out a socs, and you at that. He must know about Inuyasha and his temper." Sango rolled her eyes, "You're either incredibly stupid, or incredibly stupid." Kagome giggled, glad that Sango was taking this well.

"You know, you're supposed to give me two choices, not the same one repeated twice." Sango winked.

"Nah, you only get the one, cuz you could only be stupid for saying yes to him." Kagome glared at her, then grinned.

"Hold your horses, I'm not the only with greasers looking my way." Sango looked at her suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" Kagome rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Oh glory, don't tell me you didn't notice the stand-in leader of the Wolves gobbling you up with his eyes. If he had the power, I'm pretty sure you would have been naked as the day you were born in front of him." Sango blushed as she remembered the intense gaze of the guy with deep violet eyes. She could almost feel the heat on her skin as his eyes went over her body and she had felt a heat build in the pit of her stomach. She could tell by the way he walked that he was graceful and had a great body underneath all the clothes. And his hands...But of course, she could never think like that. He was a greaser, a Wolf at that! And probably had hundreds of girls after him already if those greaser girls had any sense. They wouldn't be good together, it's not right. But then again, Kagome said yes to the leader of the Wolves. So maybe...

Sango snapped back into reality and noticed Kagome looking at her with a triumphant look.

"Thinking about all the possibilities and positions, aren't you?" She smirked. Sango glared at her.

"No! I was just, uh, trying to remember what the guy looks like. I'm not the one who says yes to random greasers." She shot back, blushing. But, what if he did, by some cosmic chance, ask her out. Would she have the guts, or hormones, to say yes? She wouldn't mind holding his hand...or holding some other part of him since his hands would be busy...

Sango nearly slapped herself for losing her mind again and, trying to cover up her lapse into fantasyland with a certain violet-eyed stranger, she yawned.

"Well, I promise I won't rat you out-" Kagome smiled. "-If! -" Kagome frowned. "-You will do all the dishes in my house.” Kagome let out a sigh of relief.

"Sure! Of course, anything." Then she paused. "Wait a second, YOUR dishes! But you guys have enough dishes to sustain an army!" Sango smirked at her, eyes twinkling.

"I know." She said with a wink as she skipped forward, whistling, leaving Kagome wondering if Kouga's date will be worth it.

"It better be." She mumbled, as she stalked forward, rolling up her sleeves, as she got ready to tackle the Kitchen of Doom.


A/N well there u go....another chapter will probably surface into my mind in a yr or two ;) hoped u enjoy n R&R 2 tell me hw much u hate me 4 taking so long :D