InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ HeartSong ❯ A Vulgar Angel ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
A/N: Nothing important to say…hmmm…lol, oh I know…I changed the genre for this.
I haven't changed what I first had in mind for the story; I just realized I didn't have it labeled right. So instead of just a Romance….it is now a Romance/Angst……heh heh…don't kill me…..
Also….There is a bit of language in this chapter…I usually don't use much…but it just worked out this time….so fair warning.
 
CHAPTER SIX: A VULGAR ANGEL
 
(Recap)
Kagome grunted slightly as she pulled herself out of the well, “3 years and it's still not getting easier!”
She put her knee on the bored and pushed the rest of her body up; but leaned to far forward and started to fall.
Instead of landing on the hard ground, she hit a hard chest and pair and arms.
Kagome smiled before she even looked up.
“Hello InuYasha.”
 
“Keh”
Kagome frowned slightly.
InuYasha could be such a pain sometimes. Just saying hello to him could make a person feel like they've committed a criminal offence.
“Thanks for catching me.” Kagome said as she stepped back and grabbed her backpack.
“Well if you weren't so clumsy in the first place wench I-”
The rest of his comment was said to the ground.
“Glad to see you to InuYasha!” Kagome snapped before storming off to the village. Honestly. Was it so hard to remember not to call her that? Or to greet her with a friendly face instead of some barking remark?
Kagome sighed, “Of course not. But that's just how InuYasha is.” A smile played at her lips, “And I really wouldn't have him any other way.”
Her smile widened as she saw Sango and Miroku sitting outside Kaede's hut. They had their heads close together and seemed to be having a deep conversation.
“Hey guy!” Kagome called and laughed as they both jumped, faces aflame.
“Kagome!” Sango jumped to her feet and threw her arms around the girl that had become like a sister to her.
Miroku also approached with a smile and then stepped back with a red handprint on his face.
“Honestly Miroku!” Sango snapped, “If InuYasha saw you even trying to touch Kagome, he'd rip you limb from limb.”
Miroku grinned as he rubbed his sore cheek, “Ah my sweet Sango. I do believe that you're just jealous.”
Sango just huffed and took Kagome's hand, “Come on Kagome. I want to hear if you've learned any more about that girl.”
Kagome followed Sango into the hut and Miroku called after them, “Hey, what happened to InuYasha? He was waiting for you at the well Kagome.”
Kagome sighed, “He'll be coming.”
Miroku just laughed as the girls disappeared.
 
A few hours later the whole gang sat around the fire inside Kaede's hut. Sango and Miroku were in another deep discussion. Shippo was eating the candy Kagome had brought back to him. Kagome and Kaede were discussing herbs for medicine and InuYasha was sulking in the corner, Tetsusaiga resting in his lap. Throughout her talk with Kaede, Kagome's eyes kept flickering over to the hanyou. He hadn't said a word to her since he came back from the well, so she decided to do that same. And it was killing her.
“Kagome”
Kagome jerked back to Kaede, “I'm sorry Kaede. What did you say?”
Kaede smiled kindly, “Ye should talk to him child.”
Kagome set her jaw stubbornly, “Why? He's the one that's being a jerk.”
“Is InuYasha a proud man?”
Kagome raised her eyebrows in surprise, “Yes, very proud.”
“He hasn't sat still since ye left Kagome; he was so worried and missed ye so, he did not think of his pride, in letting others know he cared. Then he sat at the well all day for ye.”
“And the first I do is s-" she caught herself, “S-i-t- him.”
Kaede nodded, “That spell is a bruise to his ego enough, but after all his waiting and then get that too…Me thinks it was a bit too much for him.”
Kagome sighed and nodded slowly, “Yes. You're right. I understand.”
She smiled slightly, “Would you excuse me Kaede?”
“Of course child.”
Kagome got to her feet and slowly walked over to InuYasha. She saw his ears twitch in her direction but gave no other sign he noticed her presence. She knelt in front of him, “InuYasha?”
“What?”
“I'm sorry.”
“Keh.”
Kagome bit back her anger and tried again, “I shouldn't have reacted like that, and I shouldn't have…sat you. And I'm sorry.”
InuYasha's ears twitched again.
Kagome sighed and moved to get up but stopped a hand grabbed her arm, “I'm sorry too.”
Golden eyes turned to her, “I was just….I missed ya.”
Kagome smiled and threw her arms about his neck, “I missed you too.”
She pulled back and gave him a sweet kiss, which quickly turned into a passionate one.
Finally Miroku cleared his throat to break them apart.
“Ah yes. Now that you have returned to us…”
InuYasha glared and Kagome blushed, “Is there something you needed Miroku?”
The monk grinned, “Well…now that you mention it-”
Sango smacked the back of his head, “Pervert!”
Miroku turned to her, innocent written all over his face, “Why Sango, I didn't say anything.”
“You were thinking it!”
Miroku grinned, “So you can read my thoughts now?”
“No!” Sango snapped, “But I know you and I know you can't say anything without twisting it!”
“Both of you shut up!” InuYasha growled.
Kagome laughed as InuYasha's ears twitched in irritation, “Enough of that. What was it you wanted to say Miroku?”
Miroku watched Sango out of the corner of his eye as he answered Kagome.
“I just wanted to know where you are with that girl”
Kagome settled in closer to InuYasha, “Well, I talked to her grandmother about the day she disappeared. So now, I need to start looking in the Feudal Era.”
“You're pretty sure she came here?”
Kagome nodded her head slowly, “I really think she did.”
 
Akari opened her eyes but immediately shut them when sunlight hit them.
Damn it” Akari grumbled as she rolled to her side, “I forgot to shut the blinds again.”
But as soon as she relaxed to go back to sleep her eyes shot open again. She wasn't in her bed; she was lying on cold dirt. And she hadn't been sleeping, she had gotten knocked out.
She pushed herself up to her knees and looked around. Everything came back in a rush and she held her head as a pounding headache started.
“I fell in that stupid well.”
She got to her feet cursing herself for being so stupid and cursing “the old coot” for telling her the dumb story.
She looked up and head to shield her eyes from the sun. Quickly her anger turned to puzzlement. Wasn't the well inside a building? She nodded to herself. It was. So how could the sun be shinning so brightly into the well?”
Stepping up to one of the walls, Akari looked for cracks and holes so she could climb out. After 6 tries, a bruised hip and a cut chin she finally got her hands on the top of the well.
“When Gramps gets back, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind about leaving this well uncovered.” Akari muttered as she pulled herself the rest of the way out. Straddling the wall she brushed her hands off on her jeans and looked around.
“Oh my god.”
Stretching out before her was vast meadow and circling around behind her was a thick forest.
“Holy crap that old coot was right for once!”
Akari hopped off the well and took in her surroundings.
“This is…completely weird.”
She glared back at the well, “If I had known I was taking a trip I would have brought a bag with me!”
“Are you alright?”
Akari whipped around to her two young girls standing behind her, baskets full of plants in their arms.
“Uhh..” Akari cleared her throat, “Yeah, I'm good. Uhh…could you tell me where I am?”
The girls exchange glances, “You are in the InuYasha forest.”
Akari sighed, “No I mean…country, state, continent. Whatever.”
“You are in Japan” the second girl spoke up this time.
“Right. Uhhh, how far from Tokyo?”
“To-key-o?”
Akari mental slapped herself, “Never mind. Can you just tell me where the nearest town, city…”
The girls looked confused again.
“Where the hell do you live?”
The first girl pointed behind her, “Our village is not far from here. It sets at the edge of the InuYasha forest.”
Now we're getting somewhere.”
“If you come with us, I'm sure the priestess Kaede will be able to help you.”
Akari flashed a smile, “That would be great.”
The first girl pointed to herself, “My name is Lyna and this is my sister Gwna.”
Akari nodded then pointed to herself, “Akari.”
Lyna smiled, “Come Akari. Lady Kaede will surely wish to meet you.”
As Akari followed them she noticed they were starting to past by a tree that looked similar to the Tree of Ages on the shrine grounds.
“Hey! I know that tree” she started to run to it.
The girls gasped, “No! You mustn't go near there.”
Akari came to the clearing and stifled a gasp. Pinned to the tree was a boy. Akari started to approach but stopped when both girls grabbed her arms, “You mustn't go near there. He is a demon. And he has been cursed!”
“Demon? He's just a…” her voice trailed of when she saw his ears. Sitting on top of his sliver hair were two small doglike ears.
“Please come with us” Gwna begged, “We cannot stay here.”
Akari cast one more look at the tree before turning and following the girls. As they neared the edge of the woods a loud roar sounded and made Lyna and Gwna trembled.
“Quickly Akari. Run!”
The girls dropped their baskets and started to run. Akari followed them but kept looking over her shoulder to see what they were running from. Nothing came into view.
At least behind her.
Lyna suddenly screamed as a large beast landed in front in her.
“Holy crap that's a big bear!” Akari scrambled to a halt and backed up with the other two girls. The creature took a menacing stepped forward and opened its mouth to roar again; revealing rows of jagged, sharp teeth.
“What the hell?”
Lyna and Gwna coward behind Akari, “What's with its teeth? That's one messed up-”
Its eyes glowed blood red and suddenly another limb appeared out of its neck; long with a snakelike head at the end and a thin arm with razor claws coming out the side.
“Shit that ain't a bear!”
Lyna frowned at Akari.
“What?”
“You shouldn't speak such words.”
“Oh for the love of God.” Akari snapped. “We could die and you're offended by my language?!”
Gwna screamed as the snake's hand flashed out and grabbed her in its claws.
“Gwna!” Lyna cried.
“What the hell is that thing?”
“We don't know! It appeared here many years ago and we have yet to find a way to defeat it! With many men and weapons we can fight it off, but no less.”
Akari yelled in frustration, “That's just great!”
Spinning around she grabbed the largest rock she could lift and threw it at the beast.
“Hey ugly! Over here!”
Lyna gasped, “What are you doing?”
“You want your sister back or not?”
Lyna nodded mutely and grabbed a small rock.
“Hey, you don't wanna eat her! Look at her, she's all skinny and crap. Not going to be a very good meal.”
“Are you offering something better?”
“SHIT!” Akari jumped back, “You can freaking talk?!”
A low rumbled sounded from the beast chest, “Of course.”
“Great” Akari threw up her hands, “So, I don't suppose I could ask you to put her down?”
The beast laughed again, “Foolish human.”
“Thought so.”
Suddenly she dropped to one knee, grabbed a small sharp stone and threw it straight for the snakehead, straight for its eye.
The rock it its target and the slim hand released Gwna while both head screamed in pain.
“GWNA!” Lyna screamed as her sister's body fell.
Akari cursed under her breath and scrambled forward. She jumped in the air, caught the girl in her arms and hit the ground in a half-roll; crying out as her shoulder cracked.
“You will pay for this!”
Akari winced as she got to her feet, pulling Gwna with her, “Come on Lyna!”
Lyna grabbed her sister's hand and the two of them quickly followed after Akari.
“How did you do that?” Gwna panted, “Are you an angel?”
“Do I sound like an angel?” Akari snarled back. “Just quit your talking and move!”
Akari suddenly stopped, “Which way is your village?”
Lyna pointed to the left.
“Fine. You two go that way. The creature can't follow us both. If he follows you, you'll be safe in your village. If he follows me…” she breathed deeply, “Then I'm fucked.”
Lyna flinched and Akari rolled her eyes, “Get going!”
Without another word Akari turned and ran straight on.
She flew as fast a she could through the forest, branches left bruises and cuts all over her body but she didn't dare stop.
I'm gonna kill Gramps.”
She winced as she lost her balance and slammed her cracked shoulder into a tree. Leaning her forehead against the rough bark she stopped to catch her breath.
A loud crash behind her brought her back to reality, “Looks like Frankenstein's monster took my words to heart about not wanting Gwna.”
She breathed deeply before pushing off from the tree and continuing her run.
 
Meanwhile at the village…
“Help please!”
“The beast has attacked!”
An older woman turned her head at the sounds of two screaming girls and made her way over to them.
“Lyna, Gwna? What is the matter with ye? Were ye attacked?”
Lyna gasped for air, “Yes Lady Kaede!”
“Then how did ye escape?”
“There was a strange girl” Gwna cried. “We found her in the forest of InuYasha. And she saved us.”
The villagers murmured, “A girl?”
“Saved them from the beast?”
“Impossible”
“It's true!” Lyna cried, “And now we must save her. She ran the other direction, to draw it away from us. Please hurry! We must help her!”
One man stepped forward, “Enough Lyna. No more of your stories.”
“It's true father!” Gwna yelled and lifted her arm to show her torn dress, “See?! The beast had me here, and the girl saved me. She caught me!”
Kaede turned to the man, “We will decide if the children's story is true or not later. Now there is a girl in need of our help.”
The man bowed, “Yes Lady Kaede.”
“Bring the horses!”
Kaede and half the village men, armed with spears and bows and arrows, mounted and turned to leave.
Lyna pressed her hand to Kaede's leg, “Please, bring her back. I did not thank her properly for her help.”
Kaede smiled, “I will do me best child.”
Lyna and Gwna held each other close as they watched the horse gallop away.
Please be safe Lady Akari.”
 
Akari dropped to her knees at the river bank. “You've gotta be kidding me!” she muttered.
“You are trapped now foolish human. Now you will die.”
Akari looked over her shoulder and glared, “Oh really?” she snapped, “And I thought we were going to have a picnic!”
The beast stalked towards her and Akari jumped to her feet picking up another stone, “Back off freak! Or you'll get another rock in the eye!”
The beast growled and the snakehead hissed but it stopped moving towards her.
“Good. Now leave me alone.”
“You are either very stupid or very brave human.”
Akari shrugged, “I like to think of it as “I don't give a shit” but whatever works for you.”
“There! At the riverbank!”
Akari jerked her head to the sound of men's voices, “Looks like those little twerps came through.”
“Now you die!”
The beast rushed forward to pounce on Akari just as riders broke into the clearing.
“Look out child!”
Akari took a step back and covered her head with her arms. But the bank that she was standing on gave way and she went plunging into the river.
 
Kaede gasped as she saw the beast leaped towards the girl. “Look out child!”
The girl stepped back and suddenly fell into the river, the beast landing on nothing but dirt.
“Attack the creature!” Kaede cried, “I will look down river for the girl!”
She turned her horse and spurred it on, racing the water.
She finally stopped when the waters became too rough for a person to survive.
“Poor child” she murmured and turned back.
Once all the riders returned to the village, Kaede immediately sent about tending to their wounds. Lyna and Gwna suddenly appeared at her side.
“Did you find her?”
“Where is she?”
Kaede softly told them what she had seen and that she could not find the body.
Both girls looked sad but then Gwna smiled, “I know she's alive.”
Kaede looked at her in surprise, “How do ye know that child?”
“Because” she looked at her sister, “She was an angel.”
They both started to laugh then added together,
“A vulgar angel!”
 
“Wow. She sure was a brave girl” Sango commented.
After Kagome had told everyone what she had learned so far about the girl, Kaede suddenly spoke up and mentioned someone who might be able to help her. She took Kagome, and Sango who had become extremely interested, to one of the fields where the women were working. She introduced them to two sisters, Lyna and Gwna, who were more then eager to share their story of the “Vulgar Angel.” Kaede filled in where the girls had not been present and finished the story.
Now Sango and Kagome sat in Lyna's hut, thinking over what Gwna and Lyna had told them.
Kagome nodded her head slowly, “Yeah. She was.”