InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ HeartSong ❯ I Can Go Back ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, it characters or any quotes I may use.
 
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: I CAN GO BACK
 
Sunlight hit Akari's eyes, waking her with a slight growl. She opened her eyes then slowly lifted her head and took in her surrounding. With a small gasp she realized she was in Sesshomaru's bed chambers, in his bed; in his arms.
Akari turned over carefully and studied Sesshomaru's face. It was the more peaceful look she had eve seen on him. Very carefully she began to trace the markings on his face and his eyes snapped open.
“Good morning” Akari whispered.
Sesshomaru smirked slightly, “Good morning to you.”
Akari scooted closer and laid her head on his chest, his heartbeat thumping against her ear. She smiled as the events of the night before played through her mind.
When Sesshomaru kissed her, everything went into a hazy. As she began to kiss him back his kissed became more aggressive, and a low growl rumbled in his chest. They ended up in his room, on his bed; lips and hands everywhere. But no more then that.
Akari was no romantic, but she wasn't going to let kisses be a declaration of love and make love after.
She wanted to know it, feel it, see it. Hear it.
So after a few more passion filled kisses they drifted off to sleep.
Akari tilted her head so her chin was resting on his chest and she could watch his face.
He had changed. Still proud, arrogant and cold, but under all that Akari could see he deeply cared for her; something she never thought shed experience.
Sesshomaru's eyes were staring at the wall, but Akari knew his mind was elsewhere.
“What are you thinking about?” she said softly.
Sesshomaru's eyes flickered back to her face, “This demon…Gyroa.”
“I thought you weren't going to do anything about it.”
“I'm not. But I do not want to be caught off-guard.”
Akari nodded her head, her chin rubbing against Sesshomaru's chest, “I see.”
“Lord Sesshomaru!”
Both lifted their heads and looked at the door, a loud bang shook the door, “Lord Sesshomaru important news!”
Akari rolled over and Sesshomaru got to his feet. Opening the door he greeted Jaken with a growl, “This better be important.”
Jaken trembled, “My lord” he squeaked, “There are been an attack.”
Sesshomaru spun around and began to gather his armor. Jaken scrambled into the room after him, “It was Gyroa my lord.”
“Was a village attacked?” Akari asked, now kneeling on the bed, facing the two demons.
Jaken nodded, “Yes. Burned to t-”
“I don't care about the village” Sesshomaru hissed, “That demon thinks he can walk freely on my lands. I will not allow it.”
Sesshomaru didn't even glance at Akari as he grabbed his sword and walked swiftly from his room.
“He'll be alright, won't he?”
Jaken scoffed, “Of course you silly girl. Lord Sesshomaru is-”
His eyes suddenly bugged our, “WHY ARE YOU IN THE LORD'S BED?!”
Akari's face burned, “None of your business.”
Jaken started pacing back and forth shaking his head, “I don't believe it. I never thought he would scoop so low.”
“Hey!”
Jaken continued to mutter, “Disgrace the family name.”
“Watch it toad” Akari snarled.
“Bedded a human.”
“We did not sleep together!”
“What if a child…Lord Sesshomaru wouldn't allow-” Jaken cut off as a shoe made contact with his head.
“Why you-”
“Shut up you stupid smurf!”
 
Sesshomaru returned a few hours later; angry.
Akari could see it the moment he walked into his study. His face was a normal cold mask, but deep in his eyes Akari could see a burning rage.
“What happened?”
Sesshomaru glared at her, “Nothing.”
“You didn't find him?”
“No.”
Akari nodded slowly, “I see.”
“Come here.”
Akari frowned slightly at the command but obeyed anyways. She stood in front of the demon lord and locked eyes with him. Finally he took her hand and pulled her closer so she could wrap her arms around her.
Akari hugged him but, was still worried about his action.
 
The next few weeks past almost in a pattern. Sesshomaru would leave to hunt Gyroa down, Akari kept herself busy in the garden or torturing Jaken. Then at night Sesshomaru and Akari would fall asleep in each others arms.
One morning Sesshomaru suddenly woke Akari up and greeted her with a slight growl in his voice.
“Get up and change your clothes.”
Akari frowned and leaned back as Sesshomaru climbed out of the bed, “Why?”
“I'm going to teach you archery.”
Akari raised an eyebrow, “Archery?”
“Yes. You need to start carrying a weapon.”
Akari sat up, “A what?”
Sesshomaru glared at her, “Are you hard of hearing today?”
“No. I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is going through you head!” Akari snapped back.
Sesshomaru sighed and held out a hand, “Come on.”
Akari grumbled but took his hand and let him pull her out of the bed. Once she was on her feet he pulled her into a hug and buried his face in her hair. Akari frowned but hugged him back; loving the feelings she got while in his arms.
Finally Sesshomaru pulled back and looked into her eyes, “You need to be able to protect yourself.”
Akari looked deeper into his eyes and almost gasped. “He's really worried about his guy. More then he says.”
“He has slipped through my hands more times then I like and I do not want to take the chance he could get to you.”
Akari nodded once, “Fine.”
With in weeks she had become quite the marksmen and enjoyed it immensely.
Akari had settled into her new life; and liked it even more then her old one. Though she found herself wishing she could go back just to say goodbye. Akari closed her hand over the two charms she always kept in her pocket. There were her last link to her old world, her last reminder she was from a different place and time.
She and Jaken had finally stumbled across one old scroll that told of traveling to distant lands, but nothing in it gave Akari any hope of returning to her own.
Night fell and Akari waited by the study window for Sesshomaru to return. He had become more hostile and cold lately, even to her. The search for Gyroa was not going as swiftly as he planned, and he didn't like it one bit.
Akari sighed and looked down at the two charms in her hands; the moonlight reflected on the silver and made them shine.
“What are those?”
Akari spun around, “Oh Sesshomaru. You're back.”
Sesshomaru growled softly but pulled her into a hug anyways. After a few minutes he pulled back, and pulled her hand up, “What are these?”
“Charms from the bracelet I used to have.”
She held out the locket, “This was from my father.”
Sesshomaru examined it before handing it back then Akari handed him the heart, “And this was from a friend.”
Sesshomaru hissed when the heart touched his skin.
“What's wrong with you?” Akari demanded.
Sesshomaru threw the charm to the floor, “That is full of miko powers fool!”
“Miko?”
“Priestess powers; pure and good. I can't touch it!”
Akari's mouth formed a silent “oh” as she reached down and retrieved the offending object.
“Well I don't know how, I got it from-” she gasped and froze.
“That's it” she whispered.
“What?”
“This charm….” She looked at Sesshomaru with wide eyes, “This is the way to get home!”
“What do you mean?”
Akari ran out the door and towards the library, Sesshomaru close behind her.
She started searching through the scrolls, “Jaken and I found….a scroll in here a while ago. But it didn't make any sense and did I think it applied to me. So I forgot about it.”
Sesshomaru leaned against the table, his eyebrows raised.
“What did it say?”
“I don't remember exactly” Akari growled, “Why do you think I'm looking for it?”
After a few more minutes she let out an exclamation of triumph and held up an old scroll. She immediately dropped to the floor and started reading it.
“There have been legends and tales of distortions in time, where a being with a pure power can travel to a distant time.”
Akari looked up at Sesshomaru, “Do you know what this means?” she whispered.
Sesshomaru just stared at her, not even his eyes betrayed the turmoil he was feeling inside.
“I can go back.”
 
A/N: PLEASE REVIEW