InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heirs of The Lands ❯ Failed Alliances ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

A/N: Please review or email me and let me know what you think, Good Bad or Ugly Thanks.

She stood patiently awaiting his answer but after a few minuets spun on her heels and started walking away seeing this lord Amon yelled “get back here wench” to this the girl spun and with a hardness to her voice he would have thought one so young incapable of. She stated “you will not call me wench you may call me, girl child or my name I will not insult you and I expect the same in return is that clear”. He was shocked to say the least this small child had placed such a cold calm to her words. Although they were not loud they chilled him to the bone he then asked” girl what is this quest and how does it involve me?” Her voice back to the soft soothing tone it had been earlier, simply stated “ well give me your word as to my conditions and I will tell you in time after I release you” .he then stated “I need my armor and swords returned”. To which she opened her cloke to revile a bag that had been on her back. In that bag was his armor and swords which she removed and placed on the floor of the cellblock. To say that he was astounded was an understatement he then said “ I would need to clean up I would need a change of cloths “. To which she opened the bag once more to revile a clean set of clothes that amazingly enough were HIS. He eyed her suspiciously as if she had read his thoughts she stated “ yes I have brought your cloths from your castle but no I had nothing to do with the attack. I passed through there eleven months ago looking for you it has taken me that long to find you”
Now with a slight edge of impatience to her voice she asked again “ do you agree to the terms of your freedom” he glared at her but nodded his head yes she said” I want to hear the words”. So with no small amount of venom to his voice he said “ I Lord Amon of the northern and eastern lands, swear that upon my release will do you no harm and will accompany and aid you in your quest”. He glared at the child before him
Without a word she raised her hand and it started dripping with what he could smell as acidic poison. She swept her had in a downward motion to cover the hinges and the lock. After a moment the door fell into her tiny waiting hands. She moved it aside and turned and walked away without a single look to the great Lord that she had just freed. Had she looked she would have seen a look of pure utter astonishment on the face of the great lord. Finally be broke his astonishment and grabbed the bag that the child left on the floor after repacking all of his things. Bounding up the steps just to be greeted with a sight that astounded him even more. Once he cleared the door into the guard chamber he was astonished to find twenty-five guards all feline dead. He knew what cold-blooded slaughter looked like and this was it. None of them had a chance to grab there weapons there was not a sword or spear lifted they were killed before they knew what hit them. Once he stepped out side he was again astonished to see another thirty or so guards dead again as with the guards within there was no sign that any had had a chance to fight back. Then to his right he heard her quiet soothing voice again she said” are you coming there is a lake a short distance and you need a bath, I cant stand the stench that clokes you”. Angered once again she rushed over before she had a chance to respond he held her small frame off the ground by her throat. It was at that moment that her cloak s hood fell from her face. He got a good clear look at the child for the first time. The first thing that he noticed was her golden amber eyes and peralescent silver hair. Then his eyes rested on the birthright marking on her forehead it was a midnight blue crescent surrounded by a circle of lavender stars. His eyes widened in amazement as he uttered “ MI, MI MIROMARU!” She hit the ground with an UUMPH and glared up at him then getting back to her feet. She just looked up at him and said in a cold tone “ what’s the matter surprised to see me or just surprised to see me alive? “He angrily shook himself. Angry because he had not realized that it was her. But before he could respond she started to walk away again then she called over her shoulder “you gave me your word now come we have a quest to begin as soon as your baths complete ”. He growled deep in his chest, but as much as her words angered him he knew that she was right so he fallowed surprised at her speed. Within an hour they were at a lake as he started looking through the bag he noticed that she had transformed into her true state. He took a moment to look at her in her true form she was bigger than he had expected she would be and as she took to the air he couldn’t help but notice how her fur glowed in the moonlight. . He turned his attention back to the bag and marveled at how well prepared she had been he took out the items from the bag one at a time to reveal his swords, his armor, clean cloths, a hair brush, soap, and a tooth brush. After carefully laying out all the objects in the bag he quickly stripped and dove into the water wanting to rid him of the stench that clung to him. After an hour he sat on the bank of the lake clean dressed with his hair combed and once again he looked the part of the handsome great lord Amon. Just as be began to wonder of the girl Miromaru she appeared and looked at him then stated “ fallow me I have a meal waiting for you”. He just looked at her but when she took skyward he transformed into his true self and fallowed. She landed in a clearing about thirty minuets away. To his shock for the umpteenth time that day there were four large stags before him. She started eating one of them and he tore into one with hunger. As he finished the last of the three stags that she had given him he looked around. He wanted more it had been almost two years since he had a decent meal and he wanted more. She simply stated as if reading his mind “if you eat any more you will be sick”. He growled but once again he knew that he was correct so he asked” where are we going now?”
She turned her head and golden amber eyes locked with ice blue ones and she said” there is another clearing five miles north of here we should be safe there, we both need some rest”. Again without waiting for a response from him she took to the air, again he growled under his breath and thought {she needs to learn manners I will teach her manners in the morning}. While flying off from him she was thinking {I know I need help but is he worth all this?}. landing next to her in the clearing on a hill he noticed with satisfaction that he was twice her size and four times heaver. With that thought in mind he transformed back into his human like state, as did she. Without a word she jumped into a near by tree and prepared for sleep. He stood in the clearing and watched her warily for a moment. He then settled himself at the base of another tree on the opposite side of the clearing watching the girl. He was a little surprised that sleep took him quickly.
************Dream ********************
As Lord Amon slept his mind played him back a day fifty years ago the day he was married he was arguing with his father that he didn’t wish to marry and to that his father simply stated that he needed to in order to gain more power. That the inu tashio family were well respected, very powerful and that it was a great accomplishment for him to be offered the western and southern lands heir as a bride. With this marriage came and alliance which with the wolves on the northern borders of they’re land acting up they needed this ally. To this Amon looked at his father and said “ very well I will do this for the family, what is the Girls name”. His father smiled with relief he didn’t want to face a war with Lord Sesshomaru, as he knew him. He knew him well and was fully aware of what he was capable of. He answered “ her name is Lady Miromaru she is still just a child. You need not worry about mating for at least a hundred and fifty years. But the ceremony needs to be done now to insure the alliance; she will come to you once she is of breeding age. Son I know that this is well, awkward but this is how your mother and myself married”. To this Amon nodded and walked forward with his father to meet his new bride.
***************** End dream *************
He woke with a start with the sun in his eyes he wanted to just stretch and rest some more but then he remembered the girl and growled with annoyance to see that she was nowhere to be seen. He stood and stretched and started walking around when a shadow passed over head. He had to dodge roll to the left as a stag slammed into the ground where he stood a moment before. He turned furious eyes up to meet amused amber ones she just said “eat I am going to bath I will be back by the time that your done ”. With that she flew away stopping and turning again she said “don’t worry I have already eaten”. He growled but it was lost, as she was already gone. He had to restrain his self from catching her and killing her. She was far too smug and how dare she treat him like an insolent child! She was the insolent child; with this thought in mind he set into his meal and thought it over with a decision that when she returned he would give her a lesson in manners.
As Miromaru flew to the lake that she took him to bath the night before she was thinking. {What an ungrateful jerk. how dare he glare and growl at me like that. if it weren’t for me he would still be wasting away in that cell filthy and unarmed being fed human food what a jerk}. She landed on the bank transformed to her human state and began to undress and enter the water. Still thinking {I cant believe that my father made me marry one such as him. How could father do that to me? Then said out loud” father I hope that you are all right, and that myself and Lord Amon are strong enough to find and free you”. With that a flash back hit on how she came to this place with Lord Amon.
************ Flash back ***************
The battle was raging on in the eastern end of the southern lands she was fighting along the side of her father and mother she had been wounded and her father stood above her with his golden eyes looking at her he sheathed the Tokijin and pulled the Tensaiga. He slashed her once and gave her a small smile and told her “ rise and fight once more, you are the heir apparent and if you cannot defend your land then you should not be the heir. But I have faith that the gods knew what they were doing when you were born first”. With those words she rose and drew her sword. The battle raged for days then word that there ally from the north and east Lord Yahiko had been captured. Her and her father went to rescue him. They were ambushed and she was once again cut down but although they thought her dead she was not merely paralyzed she watched with horror filled eyes as her father was captured and she was powerless to stop it. Tears filled her eyes as she tried to send a silent apology to her father for her failure and weakness. She swore to herself that if she lived she would get him back, that it would be her who rescued him. She lay there for days and finally the damage was healing itself on the fifth day she was once again able to move and she returned home to find that although the castle stood her mother had died defending it. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at her mother and second mother. (Fathers second wife) then terror struck her heart her sisters! She had to find them they were both younger than her she ran through the castle finding only a handful of servants and guards all rejoiced her return. She did not head any of them as she ran down to where her sisters were hidden. She found them alive and well although very frightened. She took the time and calmed the smaller children before she took them from their hiding place. She retraced her steps to the main floor, and had them pack their things .she told the staff to bury her mother and second mother and to repair the castle. With the orders from her still ringing in the corridors of the castle she took her sisters and left that was twenty months ago.
*************** End flashback*****************
She finished bathing and started her return to Lord Amon she hovered over head masking her self from him to see what he was doing silently berating herself for taking so long. He looked furious and she had no doubt that he would attack her once she landed .so sighing to herself she let her presence be felt landed and transformed. The minuet she was transformed into her human like self he drew his sword and attacked. He was once again shocked to find her ready in one fluid motion she spun and drew her sword and blocked his parry. He had thought that the first shot would knock her to the ground but he found her still standing not to mention she held her ground. Thinking quickly and knowing that he made a mistake he quickly took a step back and sheathed his sword. She did the same eyeing him warily then he spoke” good at least I now know that I need not protect you”. With a hard cold tone to her soft voice she seethed” I am the daughter of Lord Sesshomaru. The heir of the western and southern lands do you really have the audacity to think that I would be so week as to need a protector!”
It was I who rescued you, and it was I who” her voice got louder with each word then stopped short. She eyed him for a moment then with her normal quiet voice and a look in her golden amber eyes that chilled him to the bone quietly stated” I release you from your word now go home”. With those words she raised both of her hands placed them on his chest he was engulfed in a white light.