InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heirs of The Lands ❯ Enlightenment ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

A/N: Please review or email me and let me know what you think, Good Bad or Ugly Thanks.

When the light faded Lord Amon found that he was standing outside his castle. His anger faded into confusion, as he looked around then into amazement and wonderment at her power then the anger returned tenfold. {How dare that wench} he seethed in his mind {how dare she dismiss me}. But his servants cut his thoughts short and guard’s men they were overjoyed to see their lord return to them. They took him around the castle showing what improvements were made as well as the repairs he noticed that the staff was full, as was the guard. Then to his amazement a likeness of his self appeared before him. With a poof he turned not to a human form of a dog demon but a kitsune. He growled out what is the meaning of this and a servant scrambled forward to explain” mi lord it was the idea of your young wife she came eighteen months ago and helped set your lands straight she rebuilt the peasants villages. Showed what improvements needed to be made for the safety of the castle. She also took your siblings for safe keeping, ordered us to rebuild the guard and she brought this kitsune to act like you so your people would think that you were here and not revolt with the unrest. Then she left and said that she would return with you and that you would be very unhappy if things weren’t done”. With a look of pure astonishment he croaked out “ of course I knew that I am just tired Kitsune come with me”. With that he turned on his heels and strode off to the library with the Kitsune in toe. Once in the library with the doors closed he looked at the kitsune he looked familiar but he couldn’t place him so he asked “ who are you” the Kitsune kneeled before him and stated” I am Lord Shippo I am eldest son to the younger brother of lord Sesshomaru”. A spark of realization went across lord Amon’s face he beckoned for the kitsune to rise and sit. He was unsure he wanted the answers but he was going to ask anyway. With sincerity he asked “ Lord Shippo could you tell me what has happened since my capture and what is your cousin up to and where did she take my brothers?” With amazement the kitsunes eyes lit up in a shaky voice he stated as much as asked” so she is still alive?" With a brief nod to the fox the fox started to speak” well when you father came to aid us he was captured when Lord Sesshomaru heard this him and Miromaru went to rescue him well they were ambushed and Lord Sesshomaru was captured as well. Lord Miromaru was injured badly it was almost two weeks before her return to the castle. Her mother and second mother were both killed she took her siblings as well as yours to the demon exterminators village in the mountains, where my father lives and asked that they be protected and there educations continued. Then she returned to rebuild her lands as well as yours repairing all the destroyed villages she also left them all with a store of game. As to what she is up to my only guess it that her goal is to rescue her father and yours. She feels guilty that they were ambushed and she was wounded and could not help she feels, as she is not worthy of being the heir. I can only hope that she doesn’t still feel that way. She swore that she would rescue both the captured lords and my best guess is that is what she is attempting to do.” Lord Amon paled at these words and cursed under his breath for the girl’s silence had he known. Also an understanding of her rage came to him the rage that caused him to be dismissed, he had all but accused her of being weak a feeling that she must be facing in her own soul. All at once his mind went back to the foxes words “ why did you think that she might be dead?” He asked the fox the foxes simple reply was “ she said that she would return with you and you returned alone so I assumed that she had died" then he said “can you tell me where she is I should go to her now and help her”
All at once Lord Amon stood and looked down at the fox he knew that the fox was at least a hundred years older than he was and most likely stronger. However he stated firmly “ no I would go to her I gave my word that I would help her and I will. As to where she is I am not quite sure she transported me here some how. You will stay here and continue your masquerade as me is that clear?” The Fox shook his head no and stated “ Lord Amon you will need to meet with your nobles before you depart they have been kept away from me as my sent is my own no matter what I look like and they are getting suspicious and needed to be comforted. I will find Miromaru and bring her here while you take care of court business if that is all right with you?”
Lord Amon shook his head yes as much as he loath to admit it the kitsune was right he should check out the lands and meet with the court nobles to reassure them that all is well but it was the kitsunes final words that left him cause to think. As the fox reached the door he stopped and stated without turning” Lord Amon she is not a bad kid .she is loyal, very powerful and trustworthy she has a good heart like her mother but she is just as deadly as her father. She is in a lot of pain right now. Like you she has lost all but unlike you she had to see it all happen “. With his last words in the air the fox left the room to go and find his cousin.