InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heirs of The Lands ❯ Self Doubt and Redemption ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

A/N: Please review or email me and let me know what you think, Good Bad or Ugly Thanks.

Back in the clearing
Miromaru collapsed after expending the energy to send lord Amon home to his castle she lay there exhausted and crying how could she be such a fool now how was she going to rescue her father and in her mind a memory surfaced
***********Flashback***********
Looking up into her father’s porcelain perfect face his words were soft but clear he was saying” no matter what you must never let you emotions surface in battle. Little one it will be the undoing of you if you let that happen. Always keep you feelings and pain away from those you fight “
********** End flash back **********
With that her tears surfaced once again she sobbed loudly for the world to hear” I am sorry father I am not worthy of you I am sorry I didn’t learn my lesson. I have sent away the only hope that I had of saving you please forgiven me. I am not worthy to be your daughter and your heir” .as she lay there and sob another flashback hit her.
********** Flashback**********
Again her father was standing before her with swords drawn “now listen little one knowing what your mistakes are you simply try and not make them again that is all. No one is prefect we all make mistakes even me my precious daughter” at this confession her eyes widened her father was perfect she knew that but he was saying that he wasn't can one be redeemed after failure? She wondered in her own mind
********** End flash back**********
With her own thoughts and her fathers words in her mind she found a new determination and rose she needed rest but it had been eleven months since she was at her castle. She needed to meet with the nobles and patrol her lands .she would bring her father home and she would make sure that the lands were as they should be. Not falling down and torn apart with her new determination she started for home flying as fast as she could.” Hold on father I will free you or I will die trying”.
After three days of searching Shippo heard rumors that Lord Miromaru had been seen the day before patrolling her lands so he headed to the castle of the southern and western lands hoping that the rumors were true.
Shippo made the castle at nightfall the guards recognized him and immediately bid him entrance he asked a servant as to the whereabouts of his cousin and was told that she was meeting with the noble house. They were fighting her control of the lands. He had expected this to happen .He just hoped that his little cousin could handle it and not feel betrayed.

In the meeting chambers with Lord Miromaru
There was a total of ten demons of varying spices but it was a brown haired wolf demon and a red headed kitsune that were commanding her attention there were yelling at the top of there lungs that they would not fallow a girl child no matter of her blood. She was thinking this is all getting out of hand they had never acted like this with fathers what should I do what would father do. Then all of a sudden it came to her she stood suddenly and threw out her arm in a whip like fashion. As like her father she could form a poison whip from her hand. Before anyone had time to react she had slashed the wolf and kitsune to death. She stared at the rest of the members and quietly asked” does anyone else have a problem with my running things until my fathers return?”. Then with a cold edge to her voice she simply stated that both the wolf and kitsune had hairs and they could keep there lands provided that fell in line and fallowed her that if either family dared rise against her they would meet the fait as did there fathers. All the lords around the table glanced between the fallen lords and the young great lord standing on the table before them finally one of the lords sitting at the table broke into laughter. All the other lords looked at him as if he had grown another head. Between pants he stated “Lord Miromaru you are defiantly your fathers daughter and I will fallow and support you through hell ”. She bowed her head at the lord who spoke and said thank you Lord Tashio. All the other lords around also pledged their support of their young master and left quietly talking amongst themselves all that is but Lord Tashio. Once all had left Lord Tashio did what all would have thought unthinkable he pulled a very frightened little girl into a warm embrace against his chest and sat down with her in his lap gently stroking her hair and trying to offer a little comfort. Miromaru tried to will herself not to cry but couldn't manage it and she started to weep. He sat quietly with the sobbing child in his arms for about an hour finally he could sense that her sobbing was lessening. The old dog demon finally spoke” your grandfather my brother would have been proud and your father would just burst with pride if he could have seen you today”. He said to the little girl in his arms looking much more like the frightened child that she was and nothing like the demon lord that she was supposed to be and had been just an hour before. Looking up into the yellow amber eyes of the kind old demon that was holding her and said” my grandfather would be shamed to know that a girl child was running his lands “. With that said she began to weep again but the old demon cupped her little face into his hand and made her look at him. He almost flinched at the pain he saw in her golden eyes and said” you handled your self tonight as you have since the capture of your father. Not as a girl child but as a great lord. No one not even your father could have done better”. After a brief pause to make sure that he was getting through to her he continued “ you have shown great ability and power you have demonstrated that you care about your lands and its people. You have tonight demonstrated that you will keep your lands in order by whatever means necessary, you did what you needed to tonight even though I know you didn’t want to that shows the strength that you have. I know that like your mother you hate killing but had you not tonight then you would have lost your lands and possibly your life. Think no more about those two I will make sure that you will have no more trouble from there clans and that there families get your words of generosity”. He could feel the resolution seeping into her as she was still in his lap. He could see it in her eyes as he set her gently on her feet and dried her little face. He spoke one last time” now little one you should go and rest you has a quest ne? And with that he left for home.