InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heirs of The Lands ❯ The Quest Begins ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

A/N: Please review or email me and let me know what you think, Good Bad or Ugly Thanks.

Lord Amon stood in the meeting hall looking at the faces of his lords of lands he was angered that it had taken five days to get them all gathered. They all looked at him with fear, there had been rumors that the great lord wasn’t the great lord but an imposter. However the demon who stood before them was indeed the great lord he. Most felt ashamed that they had started to believe the rumors. In this meeting Lord Amon had also called for a representative from the west and southern lands. As his eyes met with Lord Tashio he was disappointed that it was not Miromaru. He knew that she returned home as Lord Shippo had returned the night before to inform him of his cousin’s whereabouts and decline to come the castle of the northern and eastern lands. The meeting rambled on for hours and on many occasions he found that his mind drifted to the girl child and her refusal to come to him. He had to resist the urge to kill half of his court to just get the meeting over with. Finally all the business was over but before his court was dismissed he had asked Lord Tashio to remain as he wished to talk with him. He then announced that he would be away on a quest but in lee of himself that Lord Shippo third heir of the western and southern lands was going to stand in. If he were given any trouble then there deaths would be slow and painful as he could make it after that was said he dismissed them all. Lord Tashio remained where sat during the meeting he had not moved however his yellow amber eyed never left the young lord. When the young lord finally spoke he just listened. “ Is what I heard of the court meeting of the western and southern lands true did Lord Miromaru kill two of her court for denying her clam to power?” The old demon locked eyes with the young lord and simply said “ yes” angered by the old mans response and lack of elaboration lord Amon bit out at him “ how the hell could you let the meeting that out of control”? The old demon simply said” it wasn’t my meeting “exasperated the young demon lord yelled at him” you have to know what she did for the western and southern lands and for “. He then suddenly stopped as his words caught in his throat. “ And you” the old demon finished for him his face showing no emotion as he spoke. The young lord just looked at him blankly and shook his head not trusting his voice. The old demon seeing this spoke “ yes I am well aware of her actions she acted as the great lord that she is. I am humbled that we share the same blood. Now to answer you question about the meeting it was her meeting only she and she alone could earn the respect of the lords of the court”. Finally finding his voice Lord Amon asked” I understand that but they could have killed her would you have just stood there and watched?” To this the old lord stiffened he had thought the same thing “ I don’t know honestly I am glad that I didn’t have to find out”. With shock visible on his face lord Amon stood before the old demon and the shock in his voice he croaked “ you would have turned against your own blood?” The old demon just looked at him with no emotion and stated “ had she not taken a stand against the fools who apposed her she would have undeserved of the blood the runs through her body”. It was then that the young lord dismissed the old man and was about to leave the room when the old demon spoke one last time “ so you are going to finally join Miromaru on this quest to free your fathers?” Do not underestimate her young lord she is far more powerful than even she knows and just know to betray her will mean death. She can kill you rather you admit it or not” hearing the words he knew that the old demon spoke the truth having never turned around he just nodded his head so he would know that he had heard and walked out of the meeting hall. Out of the castle into the night he was going to collect Miromaru and start the search for their fathers.