InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heirs of The Lands ❯ Have Faith Old Friend ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

A/N: Please review or email me and let me know what you think, Good Bad or Ugly Thanks.

In a Far away dungeon chained to a wall and demonic powers sealed sat two of the greatest demon lords the world had known Lord Sesshomaru of the western lands and southern lands by marriage and Lord Yahiko of the northern and eastern lands by marriage. Both sat in silence they have been captured for twenty months now. Neither knew of the state of their lands or the fate of there families. Well one knew of the fait of his heir for he watched her fall in battle he watched her face contort in pain. Her blood seep into the ground he can see her face contorted in horror as they dragged him away that is the image that he sees every time that he closes his eyes. Now it even comes to haunt him in his waking hours. He forces himself to close his eyes afraid of the burning in his eyes that is tears that are trying to fall. Then he sees images of his little one the night she was born the tiny silver pup her fur had a peralescent quality to it that seemed to make her glow. When she was learning to transform into her human state. All the lessons that he gave her teaching her to fight he now wished that he had been a bit kinder to her that he would have shown her that he cared. He was stingy with his praise. Why he now wondered? His friend and ally looked over at him he could see that lord Sesshomarus eyes had tears in them and he kindly asked his old friend if he wanted to talk about it. Lord Sesshomaru shook his head no but begin to speak almost as if his heart and mouth had a will separate from his own.” My daughter is dead, my little Miromaru she is gone and it is my fault that she died”. Lord Yahiko looked at his friend the pain so evident in his normally emotionless eyes. He just waited for him to continue” when I heard of your capture I told her to come with me then, when we were ambushed she threw her self in front of the blade to stop it from hitting me. I turned to catch her in my arms the look on her face the pain. This blood on the front of me is not mine but my daughters she sacrificed herself for me. I am powerless to avenge her” knowing his friend was through Yahiko spoke for the first time” Sesshomaru are you cretin that she died?” I have seen many battles where it was believed that you were dead and yet you were not did you hear her heart cease to beat did you hear a last breath?” Lord Sesshomaru looked at his friend with what could only be hope he had heard her breathing as he was dragged away he had heard her heart beat as well could it be? Could my little one be alive? Gaining control of his emotions once more his face slipping into the emotionless mask all is accustomed to he looked to his friend and stated “we may never know” .his friend looked up and said “ Sesshomaru I have faith. Faith that one of my sons or your daughters will come for us. I have faith that my court will hold my lands. Faith in my mates who would defend our lands with there lives, we will go home I don’t know when old friend but we will go home eventually of this I have faith”. Feeling better than he had since his arrival here Lord Sesshomaru looked at his old friend and stated in his normal tone “you know old friend you just might be right ”. With that thought in mind they both allowed sleep to take them.