InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heirs of The Lands ❯ The Beginnings of Trust ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha

A/N: Please review or email me and let me know what you think, Good Bad or Ugly Thanks.

After three more hours of walking silently it was Amon who broke the silence “ how did you find where I was being held?” “Well you know my uncle’s vassal myoga ” she replied. He looked at her with his eyebrows arched “ The Flea demon?” She smiled and said “yes that's him, well he heard rumors that a great demon lord was being held there in that prison. So I took the chance that it was you.” He smiled slightly at her and said” ok you are telling me that you took the word of a cowardly flea and traveled all that way. With only the chance that it was I? What would you have done had it not been me?” She looked up at him “ well I hadn't really thought about that” now with a incredulous look he said ” you mean you have that much faith in that flea?” “Well he is normally right” was her reply ignoring the look on his face she continued “ you know, he is so small most people and demons don’t see him. His power is so week that you can hardly sense him so mostly no one knows that he is around unless he wants them to know so most of his information is good ”.” I would have never thought about it but I guess that your right but he is still a coward” was his reply. At that she giggled “yes I know that he always has been from what I have been told” he just shook his head and after ten minuets of silent walking it was her turn to break the silence. “ I am sorry that I took over your land in your absence but it was falling apart ” His face fell for a moment but he said “I wanted to ask but was afraid why did you do that especially after I attacked you?” “ Well I didn’t do it for you really. I did it for your father and siblings I want the lands to be in order when they get home” her voice cracked a little on her last words. He acted like he hadn’t noticed when she said no more he said “well I would like to thank you for what you have done. But I have one question why did your cousin not tell me that I had attacked you?” “That is simple he didn't know that it was you. Had he I would have never been able to get him to help your people”” I am sorry” was all he could think to say. Then he took a good look at her she was so tiny and he could see that she was tired. It was dark and they had been traveling all day so he said “we should stop for the night” she looked over at him he could see it in her face that she didn’t wish to stop. So deciding to use him as the reason said “ I am tired I still am not completely built back up from my entrapment in that dungeon. I have a feeling that we will both need to be in top shape when we get there.” She kicked a rock but agreed that they should stop for the night however he could tell she wasn't happy about it. A few minuets later they found a suitable clearing next to a quiet stream he had also noticed that there was a hot springs near by. Once settled he asked her if she wanted to take her bath first she accepted and left Amon alone with his thoughts. As he sat there he was trying as he had all day, trying hard to remember what all he did during his rage. He knew that wile Miromaru was unafraid if him she didn’t trust him and as he saw it they were walking into a battle that would require trust on both parts. However he was at a loss as to how to build that trust. He was tore from his thoughts by her returning from her bath. He stood up and said that we was going to bath now she nodded her head in response she was busy combing her long hair when he walked out of the clearing towards the spring. She watched him leave the clearing thinking {I wonder why he hasn’t asked what all he did during his rage? maybe he don’t want to know, well I would want to know wouldn’t I?}. meanwhile in the hot springs Amon was thinking {I know that there is more to the story than the kitsune told me. maybe he doesn’t know it all but should I ask? and would she tell me if I did ask? I know that she said that she would tell me all but should I press or wait we have at least a month before we reach the lands north of my northern lands so I guess that I will wait.} As Amon finished his bath and redressed he got back to the clearing to find Miromaru sound asleep he took a place on the other side of the clearing and closed his eyes and waited for sleep to take him. Amon was woke with a start some time later in the pre dawn hour by a loud yelp of pain and terror coming from Miromaru he jumped up and swung his eyes to her, hand on his sword only to find her sobbing in her sleep. He was dumbfounded as to what to do so he finally decided to toss a small rock to wake her. He didn’t wish to be slashed by poisonous claws nor did he wish to scare her by being to close to her when she woke. So finally a few seconds later he found a suitable rock and tossed it with a loud call to her “ Miromaru wake up ” she woke with a start her eye blood red. She was already on her feet and glared around it took a few seconds but she started to calm .the red left her eyes and the golden amber came back she looked at him standing across the clearing straightening from her crouch. She thanked him for waking her. He could still see that she was trembling and was paler than he has ever seen anyone at least anyone alive.” May I ask what that was about” Amon said in a Quiet voice and for once his eyes didn’t betray his thoughts? She flashed with anger and Bit out at him “its none of you business” Amon preferring her anger to the frightened trembling baited her a bit more “ on the contrary, it is if its going to disturb my sleep every night”. The next thing he knew she was growling at him far more menacingly than he would have believed possible. “ Look “he finally said if we are going to be traveling together I need to know some things. To start with what has happened since my capture and what did I do during my rage?” His statement/questions ended in an almost pleading tone. Calming at his words she looked at him although her eyes held no emotion what so ever she sat and began to speak. Her eyes were staring at something far away that only she could see” why don’t you tell me what my cousin has already told you and I will try and fill in the blanks.” He thought for a moment and was about to speak when he sensed a powerful demon approaching. They both let out a growl at the same time and were already on there feet.