InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Fuedal Life: Lady Kagome Higurashi ❯ The Tunnel ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, not many like my story, I can see. I've only had about...what? 2 or 3 reviews... Maybe this chapter will change some of y'alls minds out there. And if anyone is wondering what I say, 'y'all' so much is because I'm from Texas! Again, I'm not a damn cowgirl. A boy from Cali asked if I was one. You know who you are Brandon; you know who you are!!!!

Another thing; I wrote this whole chapter before hand. So...please pray, every fan, for my VERY cramped hand!

Her Fuedal Life: Lady Kagome Higurashi - Chapter 6: The Tunnel

Kagome was surprised, mainly bewildered. His mother? She thought. Before she disappeared? Kagome didn't know what to say or do, but the only other thing besides his words were the words of Koko. 'Trick him at his own game.' "Before she disappeared?" The girl stopped. She looked to the ground to stare at her own reflection in the puddle of crimson blood. "What did she say?"

Sesshoumaru sneered and turned away. No need for talkig of the past, he thought. Even if there are consiquences. He then took his leave by running with no speed of others. He didn't look back. He didn't need to. His mission, for then, would be on hold.

The girl fell to her knees, Inuyasha's blood staining her kimono. None of the things these days were making since, and Kagome wanted them to. Well, the way to get answers, were to ask questions. "Inuyasha...you lied."

Inuyasha looked over to Kagome and sighed. "What about?"

Kagome smashed her fist into the puddle os crimson blood splashing every which way. "Koko's riddle, damnit!"

Inuyasha was shocked. Kagome cussing? Well, today sure was a day full of surprises, ne? Still, what was this? Sesshoumaru talking to a human, not saying something insultive? What is next!? He thought. "So what? I lied I had not family. What's the big deal in that?"

Kagome's eyebrow twitched with annoyance. "So what? So what!? Don't give me that BS!" Inuyasha just sighed and shook his head. "What other lies are there, Inuyasha? Tell me!"

Inuyasha, just like Sesshoumaru, ran. He ran into the forest of no one. Again, he was in pain, not physical, but emotional. It hurt bad. Real bad.

Tears ruppled in the blood as Kagome slowly stood. If there wasn't Inuyasha to help her in the quest for answers, she'd get them another way. She didn't know how, but she knew she would get them; somehow, someway.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The waters were cool on Kagome's ivory face. She hadn't seen Inuyasha in over a week, and in a way felt she didn't want to , either. She looked into the water carefully, staring at some fish that swam by.

Kagome thought about how Koko disappeared. She just walked into the water, and never came out. If Koko had drowned...but she couldn't of. It's just impossible!

This is a bad idea, she thought. Kagome pulled up her pant legs, and jumped into the water. It was cool, but it was good. She came up for air and dived down again. She saw the fish from before, and slightly smiled. They were so colorful!

Swimming down deeper, she saw a little tunnel of about 3 feet by 3 feet. She looked at it curiously and swam into it. Kagome could tell the tunnel was long at first look, but she was running out of breath. She quickly began to swim up and took a deep gasp or air. Kagome looked around, trying to make sure no one was around. Satisfied with her inspection, she swam into the path of the tunnel.

The tunnel was about 20 feet Kagome would say. The tunnel walls were nicely smooth, and covered with hard soil as well as white colored stones. She picked one from the bottom and put it in her pocket. Swimming farther into the tunnel. she found a small chamber. The water didn't rise very high, so she could take a breath.

Kagome shook her head, trying to free herself of the water dripping from her ivory hair. Kagome looked around and gasped at what she saw. Wooden chests that stacked to the tops of the cavern walls. Being curious as she was, Kagome openned one of them and looked all around in the box. She oppened another little box inside the box she openned before and saw a small, but very pretty ring. Kagome clicked her tongue to the roof of mouth, thinking a moment before looking at her right hand where Koko's ring was. It was the exact same one! Kagome looked from one ring to the other to make sure what she was seeing was true. And they were. Thry were itentical.

"You've got a lot explaining to do...whoever you are..." Kagome said to no one.

Kagome put the ring back to where it was in the box. She took a deep breath and went underwater once more. After what seemed like hours, she finally reached the end of the tunnel.

She hooked her arm around a rock near the edge of the stream, gasping for air like it was her life line. She looked up from her dripping hair and saw a rustle in the trees near by. Kagome swung her legs over onto land. She kissed her hand and placed it onto the ground. I think I'll stay on land from now on, she thought.

Kagome looked up again and saw a young girl right in front of her. Kagome took a step back with surprise, but the young girl was still smiling like little Miss Mary Sunshine. Kagome gasped one more time before looking the girl straight in the eye.

"Konnichiwa, pretty lady!" The girl said in a squeaky sort of voice.

"Konnichiwa, little girl." Kagome said smiling back. This girl in front of her was either way to happy to see her, or was extremly hyper. Either way, Kagome loved children no matter what.

"Rin's name is Rin. What's pretty lady's name?" Rin gave her a curious look and tilted her head. Ok; this girl wasn't happy... She was KAWAII!

"My name is 'Kagome,' Rin-chan." Kagome stood up ans stretched. Swimming in the water was not fun when so many things were on your mind.

Looking around to see where she was, Kagome stared wide-eyed. Where the hell was this place!? "Rin-chan, could you please tell me where I am...?"

Rin laughed and started to skip into the forest. Kagome followed, still dripping with water. "Kagome nee-chan is in the forest. When Rin and Kagome nee-chan are going to Sesshoumaru-sama's castle."

Surprise filled Kagome. Sesshoumaru's castle? He had a castle? "Uhhh... Hai, Rin-chan."

Kagome followed Rin all the way to the castle, just as Rin said. As soon as Kagome stepped in, she felt a familiar presence. She brushed it off as a toad looking...thing came in.

"Rin! Where have you been!? If Lord Sesshou--" He then stopped in the middle of his sentance when he noticed Kagome. "Another ningen!?"

Kagome's face grew red with anger as her temper rised. Did this toad just insult her!? "Excuse me, toadboy. I need something to wear. This outfit it is a little wet with water."

Well, it seems toadboy has a temper, too, Kagome thought as the demon's face turned from green to red. "What did you call me!?"

As if timed, a female demoness came up from behind toadboy and kicked him. "Oh, be quiet, Jaken. Can't you be nice for once?" The demoness looked into Kagome's eyes and slightly smiled. "What's your name, girl?"

Rin jumped up and down smiling. "Kagome nee-chan's name is Kagome!"

The demoness looked to Rin, then to Kagome with wide eyes, and then back to Jaken. She kicked him again with an angry face. "You just insulted Kagome!"

Jaken's eyes widened as well as he started to bow furiously. Kagome and Rin both eyed him with curious eyes. Kagome knelled to him, her ivory locks barely touching him. "Forgive me, Kagome-sama! Forgive me!"

~*~End of Chapter~*~

konnichiwa - hello; welcome

nee-chan - older sister

ningen - human

-sama - lord or lady e.g.: Kikyo-sama

-chan - used for someone close e.g.: Shippo-chan