InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Fuedal Life: Lady Kagome Higurashi ❯ Questions, Answers, and Discoveries ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, it looks like I didn't do a very good job of explaining the situation. Inuyasha was standing in front Kagome. Kagome spoke out with Kikyo's voice. Kagome does have silver hair now. I'm not saying how, either.

One person asked how Inuyasha knows Kikyo when Inuyasha and Kagome knew each other since they were very young. Well, for one, youkai do age slower than us. Inuyasha at the moment could be 48... And since everyone is so curious about Inuyasha and Kikyo's relationship, I've decided to continue 3 days early. : P

Her Fuedal Life: Lady Kagome Higurashi - Chapter 5: Questions, Answers, and Discoveries

Kagome stared wide eyed at Inuyasha in her mind. Kikyo? Was that the owner of the voice in her head? The one in the jewel? The one who was so kind to her, yet so bossy she sounded like she'd kick you didn't do you she said? Is that the owner of the mysterious womanly voice my head that echoes when I come closer to my dark secrect unkown to myself? Kagome wondered all of these thoughts in just a brief 5 seconds as Inuyasha advanced to her being.

Again and again the voice of Kikyo constantly achoed in her head like dripping water. Never stopping unless even trying to stop it. Never to end unless shut off for an eternity. But Kagome could not. She couldn't shut off the voice in her head that almost yelled Inuyasha every second. Because there was just one reason. The voice was known by Inuyasha himself. He knew, and Kagome wanted answers then and there.

Finally, the voice of this Kikyo spoke in a tone Kagome was always scared of. Sounding of calmness, mystery, and bosiness. Little love was heard in it, of course. "I can see how much you've grown Inuyasha. And actually see you in love knows this will not well."

"Kikyo..." Was all he said. Kagome was frightened now. Inuyasha this voice and the voice of Kikyo knew Inuyasha. Another secret not known to Kagome. Where the troigies of her life ever going to end? Apparently not, she could see...

How do you know Inuyasha? Kagome questioned in her mind. She wanted an answer. Whether it was good or bad, she just had to know something about these 2. Something, anything. A clue to finish her unfinished puzzle was wanted, and Kikyo, the voice of her head, knew what it was. Kagome wanted it, that's all Kagome could think. She needed an answer.

'Long ago, I knew Inuyasha and he knew me...' That's all the voice said as it faded, as did her mind and eyes. Eyes back to sky-blue and mind as clear as ever, for more questions to arise. What was happening ot her? And to think, it all started with a glittery jewel that completed her fragile soul.

Inuyasha stared at Kagome as lanvender turned to silver and as silver turned to a hazy blue. He had question, as Kagome did. Answered were what they needed to be later. He just had to know something about Kagome and her new self. Hearing Kikyo, the silver hair. What was happening to his hear friend? He had to know, and would get his answers as soon as possible from the girl in front of him.

"Is that her name?" Kagome quiestioned after a silence. Inuyasha gave her a quizful look. "Is the voice's name Kikyo? Is the woman who's been beating up demons and possessing my body; is her name Kikyo?"

"Hai." Inuyasha said quietly. He knew Kagome could hear him. He knew she could because her head lowered. He wanted to asked a question as well, but was cut short by Kagome's huff.

"Who is the voice called Kikyo? The one from my jewel? The Shikon?" Kagome had to know so many things, she was almost scared to know answers that led to more question and more and more. So many things she had to know, but would probably never be answered. Maybe this Kikyo could help...

"Kikyo in the shikon? Don't 'bout that..." He said shortly, turning the other way. All of a sudden, he froze. He mentally willed himself to move, but he just could not. Something was holding him back, and he knew now. It hit like a rock to the head. Kagome. "Let me go, Kagome. I don't have time to stay like a block of ice all night."

Kagome walked in front of him and gave him a quizful look. What was she doing? What was he doing with this Kikyo long ago? Kagome was so fustrated with all of this. She couldn't bear any of it. What was happening to her, was what she wanted to know.

The girl walked off into the night in the forest, leaving Inuyasha to slowly be able to move. She was just letting him move little by little. Soon, Kagome was at the edge of the forest. Kagome stopped and stared at the wide veiw of nothingness to come. She wanted help, she need help. She wanted answers, she needed answers. She wanted Koko, she needed Koko...

'Kagome, deary... Do not freat because you do not know why I am. It's just a matter of time before you see me again... So do not cry and sob like you did as a child, find the man of the water's depths and confuse him. Ensnare him at his own games and all shall be answered...' Kagome's head shot up at the words and looked around. No Koko... How odd. Koko knew so much, no matter where Kagome was. She knew so much, as if watching her.

The confused girl walked around the forest to see the village. She knew not of what was to come, and did not want to know. Closer and closer the village came into view. Then, she started to hear the whispers as she entered her home village. One was even talking about how Koko left her because she hated what she had done. Befriended a hanyou.

Well, if have something to say, say it to my face, Kagome thought. Then, she stopped. She felt it. Something near her. Coming to her. A rock? Probably. Kagome rolled her eyes and she turned around and saw, almost as if in slow motion, a rock coming towards her. Kagome's eyes widened as it seemed the rock actually was coming in slow motion. She put her hand out as the tingling feeling came. Then the burning. Yes, just like before. The beam came out of her hand; the rock then shot in all different directions in the smallest peices.

Kagome turned around, as surpised faces were shown all around her. They were shocked, and so was Inuyasha. He was watching from the forest's edge, staring as wide-eyed as everyone else. What was Kagome's power's limits, anyway?

Stares clung to whole body as Kagome entered her old home. She needed rest. Especially since it was this early. Staying up all night was not an thing to do when you just defeated about 3 demons the day before.

Something seemed...out of place. Kagome looked around the hut and saw nothing wrong. Nothing wrong, my ass, she thought. Kagome wondered over to Koko's futon and saw it buldge in the sides and in the middle. This wasn't here before, she thought. Koko was always very, VERY neat. So, what's hiding under there now?

Kagome lifted Koko's futon and stared wide-eyes. A bow with a quiver of arrows. Also, when Kagome looked under Koko's small pillow, she saw a dagger. Weapons? Kagome though. Why? Why, why, why, why, why!? None of this made since. Ok, nothing made since in her life anymore! Kagome's anger and confussion was building as she ripped the whole futon from it's stable resting place. Again, shock over came her as she saw something else. A sword.

The sword was beautfly made, she could saw. The handle on the sword was made of what look like marlbe. Blue marble. Kagome thought about how heavy marlbe was. What was it per inch? 2 pounds or something around there? But as Kagome picked up the sword, it felt as light as a feather. The girl unsheathed the sword and saw a little dragon ingraved into the silver. It looked like a dragon demon of a legend she heard once. She could never rememver the dragon's name, but she knew the story well. About a great inu-youkai who fought the dragon youkai to the death. Both died, but the inu-youkai was protecting his own family.

Kagome sheathed it and looked to the handle once more. Blue marble, the color of her eyes. She smiled and set the sword down. Looking to the bow, she found it quite light as well. It had a silver handle with the words 'Miko' inscribled into the silver of the handle. Kagome shook her head and put the things down. All so confusing, and she couldn't handle it all.

Hiding the weapon, Kagome looked at the sword more closely, At the tip of the handle, was a little cave-in. She stared at it and fingered it some. It was very smooth and cold. Kagome's head looked to Koko's chest of personal possession. Oh, what the hell? Why not have a look?

With a small look of curiousity, Kagome crawled over to Koko's trunk of mahogany. Of course, just her luck! She though. The trunk was jamed. Kagome hit thetrunk with a fist out of anger. Suddenly, the trunk popped open slightly. Lifted her eyebrow, sighed, and shook her head. Things were getting to weird for her liking...

Kagome looked through Koko's chest, and stared with her mouth a gape. Damn! Was Koko really this fucking rich!? Silks, silver brushes, diamond rings, gold cothes. There were even some things in there Kagome couldn't believe Koko would have. Kagome quickly shut it, jaming it herself, the way it was.

~*~The Next Day~*~

Kagome woke up at noon and opened Koko's trunk again. She grabbed some silk and a sapphire ring. She shut it tight and walked over to Koko's futon. She flung the futon over to her side and picked up her weapons, she strapped them to her body. Walking out of the hut with all of her stuff with her, she walked through the village. Some of the viallgers lookef scared, others down right terrified. Some just disgusted with her choices in life. But Kagome didn't care, anymore. They didn't matter. The only thing that mattered right now was what she had right now. Riches in her hands, mysteries around her, and an inu-hanyu for a friend. That was all that mattered, and that's all that she really cared about.

As she reached the edge of the forest, Kagome looked at the trees. Some were bent, which ment Inuyasha had been there...or another demon, which she doubted. Kagome shook her head and walked into the think forest and looked at her sides. No one was there, which made her curious. She knew must youkai wanted the jewel that hung from her heck with a gold chain she found in Koko's chest. None of it made since. None of it. Kagome shook her head and continued further. Soon, she felt a powerful aura near her in the forest along with Inuyasha. She almost flinched at the power, and ran to it.

The power was getting even nearer, as was Inuyasha. Soon, she saw a glowing, glod whip come within inches of her waist. Kagome jumped to the side, and began to run to the source of the whip. When she got to a clearing, she froze. It was here. She knew it. But there was just one little problem. All she saw were silver blurs fly through the air. Kagome shook her head and rolled her eyes. There were 2 way she knew of that could make her see the battle: call upon Kikyo to ask, or yell for Inuyasha like Satan was after her. Kagome chose and began to yell.

"INUYASHA!" The girl yelled at the top of her lungs. Her voice even startled her. Kagome looked at the clearing again, now seeing 2 figures. One, she knew as Inuyasha, the other, she saw as the water's reflection.

"What do you want, now!?" Inuyasha yelled to her, staring at her weapon and her silk in hand.

"You should try not to get distracted, little brother." The other man stated. He dashed forward to Inuyasha with no speed capable to any and unsheathed a sword. Inuyasha looked to the other man and glared at him. The reflection's sword graced Inuyasha's skin, making it bleed to no end. The man smirked and raised his sword once more. He heard a noice, and snapped his head to the girl from before. Now, she had a bow and arrow in hand and notched it at his body.

"Are you Sesshoumaru?" Kagome asked, shouting him. She had to know if the reflection she saw right in front of her was the one, she just had to know.

The man raised an eyebrow and snorted. Kagome just rolled her eyes and pulled her arrow on her bow string even further. Sesshoumaru rasined an eyebrow again, almost daring her to try and shoot him.

"Then I guess Koko was right. Play the reflection's own game." Kagome closed one eyes and focused on her energy. Her arrow began to glow a slight pink, as did her jewel. Her mind fogged, and her eyes turned lavender with sparkles. Inuyasha looked up from his bleeding arm, and stared wide-eyed. Kagome looked at them with hazy eyes and smiled. Her hand let the arrow fly, as it hit Sesshoumaru's breat plate. Her looked at her with a slight surprise.

"We meet again, Sesshoumaru. Remember me?" The voice from Kagome's head asked. Sesshoumaru started wide-eyes at the voice, very aware who the voice belonged to.

"Kikyo...?" He asked quietly. Kagome was yelling in her mind why the hell everyone knew who the voice was. Soon, the voice left and Kagome gave them a hard look.

"Would someone tell me why everyone knows the voice in my head, already!?" Kagome yelled at them. She grabbed her head, pulling on her silver locks violently. Kikyo's voice still lingered in her head, almost taunting her.

"Kikyo...knew us when we were young." Inuyasha said, walked towards Kagome, blood dripping from his hand. Kagome looked up to him, and dropped her hands from his head. Inuyasha gave her a pleading eye, as Kagome stood. She placed her hand on his bleeding arm. It glowed white, and after seconds, it all disappeared. Kagome's hands were still bloody, though

Sesshoumaru stared at her. Then it struck him who she was. He knew it, and he didn't want to know it. "You are the one." He stated simpley.

Kagome looked at him quizfully and shook her hand to rid the blood. She raised an eyebrow and mouthed something no one could understand. Soon, Kagome's hands were magicaly cleansed of Inuyasha's blood. "The one who?"

"The one my mother told me about before she disappeared."

~*~End of Chapter~*~

hanyou - half demon/half human

youkai - demon

miko - Shinto priestess

hai - yes