InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Her Fuedal Life: Lady Kagome Higurashi ❯ Jewel of My Souls ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Someone better r&r or I'm going to kick all y'alls asses to the bottom layer of hell. That's refering to the old-fashion, and Inuyasha's way, of refering to hell. the top level is for whimps of hell. Bottom layer is Satan's neighberhood of pure horror. So... Now you know!!!!!! ^^'

Her Fuedal Life: Lady Kagome Higurashi - Chapter 4: Jewel of My Souls

That night, Kagome was slightly aggitated for Inuyasha lying. I mean, she thought, who else could that have been? Same high cheek bones, cold face, amber eyes, silver hair!? It has to be family! He lied! All of those things were going through her head as she headed back to Inuyasha. The jewel in her hand beat with a pulse as Kagome stopped. She felt it again. The feeling of eyes boreing into her body, all over herself. Lust could be smelt as if it were fresh meat over the fire. Floating every which way, showing that it was near.

Kagome looked from side to side, seeing none. Her eyes started to turn to turn a soft lavender kissed with white sparkles. Her power was rising as her soul became ingulfed by the jewel intwined her fingers. Then, she started to hear a faint whisper none could hear. In her head, she heard a voice of woman. Stiff, but slightly caring...

'Let me show you the way...' It said softly as Kagome's eyes started to cloud, as did her mind.

What way? Who are you? What's happening to me? Kagome kept asking slight questions as the clouding in her mind becaming loving. Her eyes seemed to close. All of the people, no demons, around her started to become even more lustful for the power she held.

'I'm going to show you the way... I'm going to show what your world is suppose to be doing, Kagome.' The voice echoed in her head as Kagome's eyes suddenly show open and her heart pounding. Kagome felt her arms and legs moving, even as she wasn't. Her eyes flickered over her body. Of course her mind was telling her to let it all go. Let the jewel to all the work. Kagome complied and relaxed as she let the jewel do everything.

Her head looked to the side, where Kagome felt one of the eyes. Kagome looked harder and saw a form there. She then understood. Demons would be coming all around with power hungry bloodlust; and all for the jewel she beheld. The raven-haired girl lifted her hand as she felt a tingling feeling surpress her whole hand. It almost burned her, but she did nothing. Kagome just relaxed and let the jewel do it all.

Her hand then shot a beam of pink at the demon. Kagome then panicked. I did then? She questioned in her head. Now she really was scared. What were these powers she knew nothing of? What were they, dear kami? Just then, more demons appeared and Kagome felt her face show a smirk. Kagome wanted to wipe the smirk off her own face.

'Watch close, dear one... This is very much needed...' The voice echoed in her head. Kagome just complied and shut her mind off to study what her arms and legs were doing. She looked to her eyes and saw a bear demon, a snake demon, and a fox demon. Again, she spied the lust in their eyes; some even not here for the jewel at all. Kagome didn't want to think fo the *other* thing they might be here for.

Kagome kneeled with herright leg in the front. All the demons chuckled slight, thinking she gave up. Smirking once more, she lept into the air. Her mind almost wanted to scream, but then remembered the messages. Relax, it said, Kagome thought. Relax my ass... Kagome complied and landed behind the bear youkai.

Her hand punched the bear youkai in the back with inhuman speed with a white glow surrounding her hand. When her fist reached the bear youkai, a light appeared as the bear disappeared. The other youaki looked at her with shock. They quickly sped ot her. Kagome jumped up into the air and landed back into her first spot. The fox youkai, at the last moment, saw she jumped. He headed to where she was as Kagome kicked him. The fox flew through the air as he headed to the snake youkai. The fox hit the snake youkai. The snake youkai passed out as did the fox. Kagome stepped toward them and kicked them, one more time. She kicked them with speed and power, they died in instant.

Kagome's mind started to clear as she relized what was happening and why. Well, maybe not way, but she knew what was happening. She then heard the voice again. The feminine voice, calm and mysterious.

'The jewel is your soul, so feep it well...' That was the last thing she heard from the echoing voice of never return. Kagome shook her head as she began to walk back to Inuyasha's tree. As Kagome took more steps, she was curiously not aching. She thought she might have a slight pain, but none came.

Kagome just walked on until it was was dark. She finally found Inuyasha sitting the tree, like earlier. Kagome snorted and climbed the tree. She picked up a rock from twig from a branch and threw it at Inuyasha. Inuyasha hissed and jumped back and glared at Kagome. Kagome started with wide eyes at him and gasped slightly. Inuyasha's face calmed slightly, bu his eyes still held confusion.

"Kagome?" He asked slowly, as if trying to say a new word forign to his mouth. Kagome raised her eye brow and nodded her head sarcasticly.

"Who else would it be?" Kagome asked raising her eye brow. She then wanted to get a kick out of seeing if her hunch was true if he really did have family or not. "A sister?"

Inuyasha was half taken back. It was more like his broth--person from his dead family looked like her now. "What's with the new look? Someone curse you?"

Kagome openned her mouth and glared at him. How dare he!? Did he say she was cursed!? "What's with the accusations, here!?"

Inuyasha's eyes looked shocked and he smiled with an apoligetic look. "No! It's not like that! It's just this." He jumped up to the tree with balance at his feet and grabbed her hair. Kagome winced at the pain and wanted to slap Inuyasha, until when he thrust hr hair before her eyes and saw it was a bright silver. Kagome gave an awestruck face and grabbed her own hair and stared at it. Even in the dark she could see it; silver tresses. She looked up to Inuyasha into his eyes. She saw her reflection in them and grabed him. He squirmed, but she squeezed hard and he stopped. She took a deep breath and smiled. Good. Her eyes were still sky-blue.

Kagome let go of Inuyasha's arms and layed back on the tree. Inuyasha raised his eye brow, wanting an explination. Kagome ignored it and looked to the moon. What a queenkeedink, she thought. "Look Inuyasha." She pointed to the moon. "A cresant moon. The mid-night sky almost makes it look like it has a bluish glow to it."

Inuyasha stiffined. Did she know? He thought. What else could it be? Moon, check. Asking if she looked like a family member, check. I think she might know... Inuyasha started to sweat a bit and smiled nervously. "It looks like a normal moon to me. Like it does every night."

"You might be right." Kagome smirked and looked to Inuyasha. "You know, you'd look really handsome with a cresant moon right on your forehead." She poked him on the forehead wher she saw the cresant moon on the man's reflection earlier. Kagome started to see Inuyasha get very nervous, so she smirked. "What's his name?"

"Whose name? I don't know who you're talking about." Inuyasha said to cover up his act. Oh, shit. She definitly know now. He was sure of it.

"Oh, save the act, Dog-boy. Shit don't cover it now." Kagome kicked Inuyasha on his hip. She stared at him, wanting an answer. Inuyasha, trying to ignore her, took an interest of the peeling bark in the next tree. "Come on already, Tell me!"

"How did you find out about him?" Inuyasha asked, not looking at her. He had to know how she knew. The only way he knew was of story, or by actually meeting him. Well, either way... He still wanted to kill him.

"Me to know, you to find out." Kagome said simpley. He kept on asking questions, trying to avoid the subject of his name. Now Kagome remembered Koko's riddle...

'Past differences can be tough,

Even if they break a family,

But the curse's blood bonds of familyhood are everlasting,

So forgive and forget,

For he who hunts you will take what is precious...' Those were her words, and Kagome now understood even more. Inuyasha and the mystery man hated each other to no end. Now, back to Inuyasha lying to her.

"His name is Sesshoumaru." Inuyasha said lightly. Inuyasha, at the moment, wanted nothing but to clean his mouth of the foul word. He swore he'd never say it, and here he was; saying the damn word he hated ever so much.

"So, the good-looking reflection's name is Sesshoumaru." Kagome said licking her lips. It suited him, and that's all she could say. Cold faced, but incredibly handsome. Yup. Suited him perfectly.

"Wait--reflection!?" Inuyasha yelled. If he was confused before, he was certainly worng then. How could Kagome se herself in Sesshoumaru? Another thing--good-looking!?

"Didn't I tell you?" She asked with an innocent smile. She twirled some of her silver hair between her fingers and put her finger to her lips. Her eyes wondered to the stars and sighed. "Ah, yes. The jewel."

Kagome fingered and brought the jewel to her eyes and fingered it. It was glowing again, as it did before. She then felt her mind begin to cloud. Her eyes turned it's lavender with white sparkle once more, also. She faced Inuyasha; Inuyasha had a startled face when he felt Kagome's aura flash with power unlike before.

The girl jumped down from the tree with inhuman abilities, Inuyasha staring wide-eyed. "This is me, Inuyasha." Kagome said, along with the voice that echoed in her head. The voice was soothing, but slightly mystifing. Inuyasha then got an even stranger look on his face. Kagome's eyes narrowed. Inside her head, she head the voice repeating pver and over again Inuyasha's name.

"Kikyo..." Inuyasha whsipered into the wind.

~*~End of Chapter~*~

youkai - demon