InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Science Experiment Gone Wrong ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The craziness ensues! Well, if you liked the last chapter, you'll love this one!
 
Chapter 4: Science Experiment Gone Wrong
 
The teacher began to give instructions to the class for the upcoming assignment.
 
"Now, we'll test your ability of using the microscope. We'll soon be looking at the frogs you see on the desk behind me." The teacher moved aside and the class saw a wide arrangement of frogs in glass jars. Several "ew" noises were heard.
 
Jakotsu sat across the room a distance from Inuyasha. He was staring at him from across the room. He rested his elbow on the desk and stared dreamily into the air. He let out a sigh as he spoke to himself.
 
"So that's the new guy, Inuyasha. I couldn't see him quite well when he came into the classroom, but now that I see him he looks quite hot from here."
 
Miroku, who was sitting behind Jakotsu gave him a series of strange looks from behind his book, which was propped up on his desk. A few other students gave him the same look, except his close friend, Bankotsu who seemed to not be bothered with his open homosexuality.
 
"Now, it's time to assign groups." The teacher said as he picked up a deck of cards. "This is how groups will be chosen. There are colored cards here, three of each color. I will walk around the room and have you each draw a card, whichever color you get is the group you'll be in."
 
Jakotsu began to grumble to himself. "I don't wanna be with any girls."
 
Jakotsu had remembered the last assignment he had. He had to work with nothing but females, so he had hoped for a guy partner, at least one.
 
The teacher walked around the room and each student took a colored card. Kagome looked at her card, it was blue. Sango looked at her card, it was not blue at all, it was red.
 
"Psst.." Kagome heard over her shoulder. She looked back at Sango.
 
"Yeah?" She responded lowly.
 
"What color card did you get?" Sango whispered.
 
"Blue, you?"
 
"I got red."
 
"Looks like we won't be together." Kagome said to her friend. "I wonder who's going to be in my group."
 
"Me too."
 
"Psst..." Another voice went through the room, meeting Sango and Kagome's ears. They both turned to see Yukina flash her yellow card and point to it. Kagome and Sango showed her their cards and shook their heads.
 
"Darn." They heard her say quietly to herself. She then flashed her card at Nozomi, who, in return showed her a red card. Sango gave a smile, at least someone had been in her group. Kagome didn't seem to have anyone she knew in her group. She glanced over at Inuyasha.
 
"Hey..." Kagome said quietly, trying to get Inuyasha's attention.
 
"Huh?" Inuyasha looked around after the third "hey." He looked over at Kagome and she pointed to her card. Inuyasha picked it up and looked at it.
 
"What color do you have?" She asked.
 
Inuyasha showed her his card, it was blue, like Kagome's. Kagome smiled and turned around. Finally, someone was in her group that she knew.
 
Across the room Miroku smiled a cheesy grin and lifted up his card, which was red. Nozomi seemed clearly unimpressed and Sango made a face of agony. She was in a group with that lecher. She knew what that meant: wandering hands. Nozomi just eyed Miroku and frowned.
 
"Now everyone," The teacher began. "I want everyone with the same color to walk over to each other and get in your group of three."
 
Everyone in the classroom slowly got up and walked around the room, trying to get to others who held the same color card. Kagome walked over to Inuyasha and stood beside of him.
 
"You're in my group." She told him.
 
Miroku walked over to Sango and Nozomi and gave his usual, calm greeting.
 
"Hello ladies. Looks like I'm in your group." He said to the two.
 
"Should I jump for joy?" Nozomi asked, unamused.
 
Jakotsu walked around the room, asking all of the guys what color cards they held. Bankotsu had a green card, so he knew that he and Bankotsu would not be in the same group. Hojo had an orange card, which also meant that he wasn't in Jakotsu's group.
 
He spied Inuyasha and happily walked over to him with a happy expression on his face. He decided to be casual for a while, he didn't want to move in too quickly on the new kid and scare him. He's learned that from previous mistakes. He figured that he would give him a test run.
 
"Do you have a blue card?" Jakotsu asked the young man.
 
Inuyasha stared at the young effeminate man. He stared at everything about the youth. He didn't look like any other young boy in the class. He wore bright red lipstick and wore a butterfly hairpin...It was just like the Jakotsu guy that Sango had told him about.
 
Jakotsu frowned. He wondered what Inuyasha had been staring at. Perhaps he was checking him out, or staring at his "uniqueness."
 
"Hello?" Jakotsu questioned, a bit agitated with his stare.
 
"Oh...yeah." Inuyasha responded.
 
"Do you have a blue card like this?" Jakotsu showed Inuyasha the blue card.
 
Inuyasha held up the blue card so Jakotsu could see it.
 
"I'm in your group!" Jakotsu beamed for a second.
 
"Great..." Inuyasha seemed very unenthusiastic with Jakotsu's remark.
 
Jakotsu glanced over at Kagome with a slightly annoyed look on his face. Kagome knew what was coming. She had always heard that Jakotsu hated women and she never had spoke with him before. She was now being forced.
 
"Who are you?" Jakotsu asked coldly.
 
"I'm in this group too. My name is Kagome." She said.
 
"Oh." Jakotsu didn't care. He just stood on one side of Inuyasha and Kagome gave him the evil eye from her spot on the other side of the school boy. Jakotsu didn't even acknowledge her as they stood there, waiting and watching the other groups talking together as they were waiting for further instructions. The teacher walked over to their desk and took out a book on the dissection of frogs and laid it on the desk.
 
"What are we doing?" Inuyasha asked.
 
"Something about frogs." Kagome said.
 
"Frogs?" Inuyasha asked.
 
"Yeah." Kagome said in mild disgust.
 
She hated the very idea of dealing with anything slimy. She was kind of glad that she had at least one "guy" in her group. She decided if anything got too gross, that she would simply sit back and watch Inuyasha and Jakotsu interact with each other and do all of the dirty work.
 
Nozomi, Sango and Miroku stood there talking to each other. Miroku observed as Sango and Nozomi conversed.
 
"So, what exactly are we doing?" Sango asked.
 
"I assume whatever it is, it has to do with those frogs." Miroku replied.
 
Nozomi glanced at the frogs. She quickly looked back at Miroku, who seemed to just be standing there behind her looking his calm, usual self. Sango stood beside of Nozomi, also afraid of the wandering hands known as Miroku.
 
The teacher finally cleared his throat and the class grew silent. He explained to the class that they were going to do a dissection. He began to explain the rules and procedure of dissection. All ears and eyes were on the teacher as he drew a diagram on the board and told them how to cut the frog, where to cut and where to place pins.
 
Jakotsu paid close attention, and seemed to be taking mental notes. Kagome glanced at him, seeming a bit afraid at Jakotsu's participation in the activity. She sank down and gave him a strange look, as she leaned in closer to Inuyasha, almost touching him.
 
**Someone seems a bit TOO interested in this assignment. ** She thought to herself as she eyed Jakotsu who was seeming to enjoy the class project. No doubt he thought it to be "fun." Kagome had been freaked out by his strange lust and hatred of the female species, but now she seemed freaked out at his strange sense of enjoying the dissection of a frog.
 
She looked over at the frogs in the glass jars at the desks. They were all alive. No doubt they had to knock them out with some type of chemical.
 
**Poor frogs. ** She thought to herself as her look went back to Jakotsu. No doubt this was going to be an "interesting" day of class.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
How will Kagome ever get along with her team mates? Should I continue? Please tell me!! R&R!! I love your reviews!!