InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Detention ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you all for your kind reviews! I'm glad your enjoying this little fic. There's more to come. Sorry about the lack of updating I've been doing! Gomen!
 
Chapter 6: Detention
 
Kagome, Inuyasha, Jakotsu and a few others sat in the classroom. Each of them seemed angry for their actions.
 
Inuyasha wore an annoyed expression on his face. He propped his arm up and put his hand under his chin.
 
"Eargh.." He sighed. "I'm tired of writing these damn sentances.."
 
He looked at the three sheets of paper that were filled with the paragraph of a sentance that they had been assigned.
 
"Couldn't they have put ' I will not jump on the boxes'?" Jakotsu asked. "This paragraph has nothing to do with what I did."
 
"Your the one who got us in this mess anyway!" Inuyasha yelled.
 
"It's not my fault someone doesn't know how to keep the lid shut." Jakotsu retaliated.
 
"Could you guys shut up over there? I'm trying to do my work!" Kagome yelled.
 
"But out, Kagome!" Inuyasha told her.
 
"You jerk!"
 
"Ahem!" Kagome turned her head to see the teacher sitting at the desk, eyeing his pupils.
 
"Why me?" She whined.
 
Jakotsu let out a sigh and went back to writing.
 
"Ugh!" Kagome said in frustration. "My pencil broke!"
 
Inuyasha glanced over at the raven haired girl, then back at his paper.
 
Time slowly seemed to pass as the three wrote their sentances over and over again in the almost empty classroom.
 
** I'm going to go insane if I have to write one more paragraph. ** Kagome thought. **Bell please ring.**
 
Jakotsu's sentances seemed to tranform themselves on the peice of paper. They began to read, I love Inuyasha. How I wish to caress him and kiss his sweet lips...
 
"All right, hand in your papers." The voice rang.
 
Jakotsu looked up frantically and read what he wrote. He rose up and stuffed that peice of paper under his rear, then he proceeded to hand in the other sheets that he had filled.
 
Inuyasha handed his papers up, then he flinched. He could feel a slight pressure on his tail end. He looked behind himself at the "pretty boy" who, in turn fluttered his eyelashes at the dark haired boy.
 
"You mind?" Inuyasha asked, seeming annoyed by the placing of another guy's foot on his area.
 
"Not at all." The pretty boy replied.
 
Inuyasha huffed and scooted his desk up inch by inch, the legs scratched one the hard floor as he inched his way up from Jakotsu. Jakotsu seemed to creep up on Inuyasha as he crept away.
 
"Stop doing that!" Inuyasha retorted.
 
"Stop what?" Jaktosu asked playfully.
 
"You know what."
 
"This is going to be a long day." Kagome sighed to herself.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
At the Higurashi household Kagome sat at her desk doing her homework. She could hear Souta and her mother talking to each other from in the other room.
 
"Kagome sure did get home late today." Souta said.
 
"She said that she was working on a science project with some kids from her school and they might be staying a bit late." Mrs. Higurashi told her son.
 
"I didn't see her on the bus." Souta noted.
 
"That's because she wasn't. I just got a call from the principal and it seems that Kagome was in detention." Ji-chan said, standing in the doorway.
 
"Detention?" Mrs. Hirgurashi asked. "But she told me she was doing a science experiment with her friends."
 
"Hmmm..Seems like she lied to you." Ji-chan remarked, rubbing his beard.
 
Kagome put the eraser to her forhead and sighed. "All of this math is making my head hurt."
 
She sat and thought about the lengthy equasion. There was a light knocking on her door, Kagome leaned back in her chair lazily and replied to the knock.
 
"Come in."
 
Mrs. Higurashi slowly opened the door. "Kagome."
 
"Oh." Kagome sat up straight in the chair and turned sideways to face her mother. "Hi mom. What's up?"
 
"Kagome the principal just called. He said you had detention this afternoon." Mrs. Higurashi sat on the side of Kagome's bed.
 
"Oh that." Kagome said nervously, knowing that she had been caught in her lie.
 
"It's all his fault." She grumbled.
 
"His?" She asked.
 
"Inuyasha." Kagome huffed.
 
"Who's Inuyasha?" Mrs. Higurashi asked.
 
"Some new guy. You know how I said we were doing science experiments today?" Kagome asked.
 
"Yes." Mrs. Higurashi laughed. "I remember how you said you'd die if you had to touch that frog."
 
"Mom!" She whined.
 
"Sorry dear, how did this Inuyasha guy get you in trouble?" She asked.
 
"He opened the glass jar to our project and then we had to catch it. One of the other guys in our group jumped in a bunch of boxes to get it and then we got detention." Kagome explained.
 
"Was it an accident?" She asked.
 
"It's all his fault. He's the one who volunteered to dissect and then he turned it down and tried to puch it off on us. What a jerk." Kagome said.
 
"Just try to be patient dear." Mrs. Higurashi advised. "He's new here and he might not feel so easy about dissecting as some of the other people do. You should try and help him out, ok?"
 
"Ugh.." Kagome sighed in frustration. Her mother didn't understand. It was totally embarrassing that she had gotten detention over some guy who was just clowning around with a frog.
 
It seemed that tomorrow, she would have to show Inuyasha around. Perhaps things could only get better from here...Or they could get worse. Kagome didn't want to think about the worst. she had already been through so much and just in one day. Seems the new kid is much more of a handful then she previously expected.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
It's been a loooooong time since I updated. T_T Sorry about that. I'm trying to work on 5 fics at once and it's none too easy. In the meanwhile R&R! I'm glad you all liked this little AU, and I appreciate every one of your reviews, thank you all for brightening my day and telling me that my fic is actually paying off.
 
Well, until next chapter! Ja ne...For now, but I will be back you can bet on that!