InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Hurry! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Man, schools been eating up my time to write fanfics. Anyway, I don't really have much to say, other then please still review and I hope I haven't lost any reviewers. Well here's chapter 8

Chapter 8: Hurry!

Inuyasha bolted out of the door, he knew he was late for his tour around town with Kagome. He ran back to shut the door. right when he ran back, he saw his elder brother Sesshoumaru at the door.

"Whaddya want?" Inuyasha asked in annoyance. It always seemed like Sesshoumaru had something for him to do at the last possible minuet.

Sesshoumaru handed the boy a small package.

"Take this by the post office for me, since your on your way to town." Sesshoumaru stated. " If I find out it's broken when my recipient gets it, I'll assume it's you."

"Feh." Inuyasha replied with a toss of his head, then he slammed the door in Sesshoumaru's face as he left.

** Oh great! ** He thought. ** How am I supposed to be on time when I always have to do things!? I bet Kagome's still waiting for me. **

At the bench, Kagome checked her watch. It was past time for Inuyasha to show up.

** Where is he? ** Kagome thought to herself. ** I can't beleive this! He's probably going to show up late hoping I'll leave. Well, I'll show him! **

"I can wait all day." Kagome crossed her arms as she sat there, alone.

Inuyasha stopped, out of breath and panted to himself. He had ran as hard as he could, but he still hadn't made it to the post office.

"I swear, if Sesshoumaru makes me late, I'm going to kick his ass." Inuyasha panted.

About 7 minuets later, Inuyasha reached the post office. He dropped off Sesshoumaru's package, muttering to himself as he did so. After that he ran off in the direction of the school, hoping he wasn't late, since he failed to bring a watch in his hurry.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~

Inuyasha ran down the street as fast as he could. Though he didn't have a watch, he knew he was late, and he knew that Kagome would surely get mad or leave. Inuyasha stopped at an intersection of the road and quickly looked both ways as he did so. Then he shot out into the middle of the road to cross it.

Right as Inuyasha did so, a blue truck pulled out. Inuyasha's head turned at the sound of the motor vrooming and his face lit up in horror. The truck swerved as it bearly missed Inuyasha. The driver stuck his head out and yelled.

"Stupid kids! Stay out of the road!"

"Oh yeah!" Inuyasha shouted back. "Why don't you learn how to drive!!"

Inuyasha shook his fist as the truck drove down the road, leaving him standing there, in the middle of the paved surface. With a "feh" he turned to leave. He darted through the grass, running at top speed.

Inuyasha had always been a bit athletic in his running and jumping abilities. He manuevered through the trees and thick grass with ease, slowly coming upon the sight of the school.

Kagome was still there, sitting on the bench with her arms crossed, obviously angry with Inuyasha. She turned her head as Inuyasha stumbled through the bushes and bent over with his hands placed on his kneees to pant a few breaths before he looked up at Kagome.

"Inuyasha." Kagome scrunched up her face at him. "Your late."

"Look, I can explain." Inuyasha put his hands out. "My half brother, Sesshoumaru wanted me to deliver a few packages to the post office and I almost got ran over. Plus I ran my ass off just to get here.I also didn't bring a watch."

"Well, since you did try, I'll cut you some slack, but it won't happen next time!" Kagome stood up. "You look nice, Inuyasha."

"Thanks." The black haired boy replied.

He was dressed casually, wearing a bright red t-shirt and black jean pants. He walked up to the school girl.

"So, where do you want to go first?" He asked.

"I was going to ask you, I'm the one showing you around." Kagome replied.

"Where are some good places to go?" Inuyasha asked. "Where do you normally go with your friends?"

"Oh lots of places. There's the mall, the video arcade, the malt shop, WacDnalds..." Kagome named so many places that it was beginning to confuse Inuyasha. He found some of the places interesting, but by the time he opened his mouth, about 6 more names spilled out of Kagome's mouth.

"Uh..." Inuyasha looked confused and put his finger to his chin.

"So, where do you want to go?" Kagome asked happily, with a tilt of her head.

"How about to eat?" He asked. "I haven't eaten anything since lunch at school."

"Sure thing, I'll take you to the place my friends and I usually eat at. They have really good food there and the waitresses are always so polite." Kagome smiled.

"How do I get there?"

"Just follow me."

Kagome began to walk down the road and Inuyasha followed, thankful that he didn't have to run and could go at a more casual pace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~

Well, there is chapter 8 for you. It seems like I've lost some fans here. That really sucks. Maybe after school is done taking it's early semester toll, I'll have them back and reviewing. I'm going to try to get some silliness and fluff in the places I can.

Actually at one point I thought about putting Jakotsu in the truck with the guy, just to make Inuyasha squirm, then I backed down off of the idea. Anyway, what places do you think Inuyasha and Kagome should go? Since I'm sure I'll run out of ideas. I hope that you'll R&R and tell me!! Please!?