InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Dinner and a Movie ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I’m back and finally updating this fic, it’s been long, huh? I hope I haven’t lost any fans, but I have been trying my hardest for ideas on this fic so without further adue, here is chapter 9. Read, review and enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*

Chapter 9: Dinner and a Movie

Inuyasha and Kagome soon got into the bustling town of Tokyo. The streets were their usual busy selves, bustling with people of all shapes and sizes. They decided that the first place to eat would be one of Japan’s most famous Chinese restaurants, after that, she and Inuyasha would go and see a movie at a local theatre.

The two of them made their way in. The restaurant was fancy and the atmosphere was quite pleasing. They sat at a table with their food, looking across at each other for quite sometime. Inuyasha had some ramen and Kagome ate some dim-sum. Nothing to say here, eating went without any trouble.

Next was the movie. . . .

Kagome and Inuyasha walked slowly into the movie theater and purchased their tickets. After presenting them, they decided to buy some snacks, since they had five minuets to spare before the movie started. She and Inuyasha bought a fair share of snacks between them and sat on one of the old wooden benches in the middle of the vending room.

After about 2 minuets of sipping his soda and eating a few choice snacks, Inuyasha needed to relieve himself. He sat there making an awkward face and fidgeting. The dark haired boy remembered what happened the last time he went to the bathroom and was a little stand offish about pulling the same stunt and humiliating himself once more.

The thought came back to him in a vivid swirl of color. The effeminate looking Jakotsu ventured into the bathroom, so Inuyasha, thinking he was a man, went in after him. Consequently, Kagome’s friend Nozomi needed to use the bathroom as well, and as she accidentally dropped something, spied a very masculine pair of legs from beneath the stall.

Oh the horror!!

Inuyasha swore he would remember that humiliation until his demise.

“Inuyasha, what are you doing?” Kagome asked with a weird expression.

“I gotta...go to the bathroom.” Inuyasha stated, giving the school girl a ‘what’ look.

“So go. Don’t just sit there and wriggle.” She retorted.

“But...geh....”

“What, you don’t know where it is?” She asked.

“Er...No..” Inuyasha didn’t want to tell her that he didn’t know which one was the man’s bathroom at the risk of sounding unintelligent and immature.

“Fine, I’ll show you.” Kagome got up and straightened her dress. “Just follow me.”

Kagome led the black haired boy down the hall and turned the corner. Soon, she stopped at two doors and pointed to the one on the left.

“There it is.” She stated the obvious.

With a bolt, Inuyasha dashed into the bathroom.

“Wow, he must have really had to go.” Kagome put her finger up to her lips.

The raven haired girl walked back to the bench to wait on her newly acquired friend. After a couple more minuets, Inuyasha finally emerged and was no longer fidgeting.

“How long do we have to wait, anyway?” He asked growing a little impatient.

“I don’t know...” Kagome alleged. “I don’t see a clock anywhere.”

“Great.” Inuyasha deadpanned.

Kagome and Inuyasha began to look around for any type of time-telling device and found none. So, Inuyasha walked up to the ticket lady and asked her what time it was. She promptly pointed at a clock hanging above them, and Inuyasha could feel his intelligence level drop.

He walked back over to Kagome, feeling very stupid at the time.

“So, what time is it?” Kagome asked.

“Seven fifty eight.” Inuyasha said, pointing to the clock.

“Oh...” Kagome blushed, feeling equally stupid.

“I never...seen...it there....before...” She cut in and out, feeling quite embarassed.

“Don’t you feel stupid?” Inuyasha asked.

“Hey, if you knew it was there, why’d you ask the ticket lady?” Kagome asked.

“Because you told me to.” Inuyasha argued.

“Well, you ...If you knew why would you need to ask her?” Kagome was getting agitated with Inuyasha’s mouth.

“Look, let’s just go and see the movie.”

“Fine, I will.” Kagome walked off ahead of Inuyasha.

HEY!” Inuyasha yelled as he speed walked after, not wanting to get lost.

Kami knows what would happen if he went into the wrong movie and sat there for hours at a time, wondering where Kagome was. Then he wouldn’t want to get up and leave, because then he’d look twice as stupid as he made himself seem a while ago.

Man, this was no simple task. Things could never just go Inuyasha’s way. Ever since he attended Kagome’s school, he’s had it rough. He walked into the woman’s bathroom, got beat with purses and toilet paper, was hit on by a guy, had to tackle a frog, got lost about 3 times, among other things.

It seemed like Inuyasha was never going to fit in. . . .

Perhaps Kagome could help him, she’s already showing him around town and before that, the school. She was whiny and annoying sometimes, but at least Inuyasha had 1 friend that seemed to at least semi-understand him.

Maybe things wouldn’t be as bad as he had thought.

Inuyasha pulled out his ticket stub and looked at it to see what kind of movie he and Kagome were going to be watching. The name on the ticket said Untold Stories on it,

Untold stories? What the hell was that?

Inuyasha had never heard of this movie in his life. Apparently Kagome had though. This had better be good...Or else he was wasting his time.

Inuyasha had been so busy looking at the ticket stub and walking at the same time, that he hadn’t realized that Kagome had stopped in front of him. He kept walking and ran smack into her, almost making the black haired girl spill her popcorn.

“Hey! Watch it!” She yelled.

“Geez, sorry I was lookin’ at the movie, ok?!” Inuyasha yelled.

“Well, this is the door to it.” Kagome stated.

Inuyasha put the ticket stub back in his pocket and opened the door. He and Kagome went to take their seats. The movie hadn’t started yet, the previews for other movies were rolling and they still had a few minuets before the feature presentation.

Inuyasha slumped back in his chair, munching on chocolate covered peanuts until it was time to start. Hopefully, this movie would be good, full of blood, guts, and gore. Just the way Inuyasha liked it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*

I know, I know...It was WAY too short, but I have more planned for Inuyasha and Kagome. I finally got my ideas back! Now be prepared for the next chapter soon. Like I said before, sorry for not updating sooner, school can really take it out of you.

Well, I hope you enjoyed it. Please review! I really, really need some and I’d be forever grateful.

Thanks!