InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Inuyasha, The Menace ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here I am with chapter 13. It has been quite a long time. One reviewer told me it was at least a month. Sorry about that, I've had several fanfics that were one-shots come out and I've also had some fanfic contests and reports for school. Being a senior makes for a very busy person.
Anyway, for those of you who'd like to receive updates, I have a yahoo group dedicated to that. It's in my bio on my author's page.
Well, sorry and I hope you enjoy the update!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hidden Affections
Chapter 13: Inuyasha, The Menace
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thirty minuets or so later, Kagome's parents walked into the house only to find a disaster. Things were out of place and Inuyasha just froze, looking like a deer in the headlights.
Souta wore a nervous look.
“Uh...Hi Mom, hi Ji-chan.” The small boy put his hand behind his head and wore a classic sweat drop.
“What are you doing Souta. You know that strangers aren't allowed in the house.” Ji-chan him, holding up a single finger.
“But he's not a stranger, he's Kagome's friend.” Souta said innocently.
“Kagome's friend, but I told her before I left that she couldn't have company.” Kagome's mother told her child.
“ But mom...” Souta whined.
“No buts young man. Where's Kagome?”
At that moment, almost as if Kagome's name was being called, the black haired girl came gracefully down the stairs.
“Hi mom, hi Ji--- “ She froze upon seeing Souta, Inuyasha and her parents in the jumbled up room.
** Oh, no! ** She thought as she threw a hand over her mouth upon seeing the angry expressions on their faces, the confused one on Inuyasha's and the condemned one Souta wore.
** I forgot that I'm not supposed to have company when they're away! I`m in for it now!! **
“Kagome, there you are.” Her mother put her hands on her hips and glared at her daughter.
“Heh, yeah, here I am!” Kagome said happily, in an almost innocent manner, but her facial expression was one of nervous emotions, and she wore the classic anime sweat drop.
“Kagome, what are you doing letting him into the house?” Her grandfather pointed in accusation at the black haired boy, who stood dumbfounded in the corner.
“Well, you see...” Kagome began, but was cut off by Souta.
“That's what I've been trying to tell you!” Souta raised his voice.
“Don't I get a chance to explain?” Inuyasha questioned and lifted a finger, as all of them shot him glares.
“Guess not...”
“Look mom, it started to rain, and I wasn't going to just let him sit outside in the rain. We go to the same school and he's new around here. He probably doesn't even know the way back to his house from here.”
“Hey!”
Kagome shot him a glare that even he couldn't resist backing down from.
“Anyway...” Kagome continued further. “ It got really bad here...”
She was cut off again.
“And the power went out and..”
“Souta, I was explaining.” Kagome huffed.
“Oh, sorry.” Souta apologized.
“Then why does the room look as if a tsunami went through it?” Her grandfather asked, observing the chaos around them. He then looked up at Kagome. “And why weren't you watching them?”
“Um...” Kagome froze. ** What now? **
“Inuyasha did it!” Souta pointed to Inuyasha.
WHAT!? Me?” Inuyasha pointed to himself.
You tripped over the table and knocked over the lamp and...” Souta's words were cut short, due to Inuyasha's hand being placed over his mouth.
“You're makin' me look bad.” He whispered to Souta in a harsh tone.
“He did things too, he's just blaming some of the things he did on me!” Inuyasha protested as Souta squirmed beneath him.
“Is that true, Souta?” Kagome's mom turned to him.
Souta pried the dark haired boy's hand off of his mouth. “Ok, ok...I did do some things...”
The black haired boy's face twisted into a small smile.
“But Inuyasha did a lot more then I did!”
The black haired boy's face suddenly hit the floor.
“Why you little.....” The black haired boy muttered.
“Inuyasha calm down, your going to get yourself in more trouble, and believe me, you don't want to be any deeper in that hole then you already dug.” He looked up to see Kagoem standing beside of him.
“Well,” Ji-chan spoke in a serious tone. “Only one thing to do about this...”
He walked into the kitchen and stayed there for quite a while, leaving the three standing there wondering what their so called punishment would be.
“ What's he gonna do to us, Kagome?”
“Well, it couldn't be any worse then the excuses Ji-chan makes for when I miss days of school for things like the fair.” She sweat dropped at the very thought. ”Like the time he told everyone I had Tuberculosis because I missed one day to catch up on a report.”
“ I wonder what he's gonna do to us...” Souta replied.
“I hope it's not scrubbing the porch again...” Kagome put a hand on her back and closed one eye. “That last time nearly put my back out!”
“Well..What do you know, look at the time!” Inuyasha looked at his watch. “I really should be going, my older brother is gonna beat the crap outta me if I don't get back.” The raven haired boy was trying to find yet another excuse to leave and when he thought he had the opportunity, he bolted out of the door..
...........
Or at least he thought....
“Oh no you don't!” Kagome's mother shut the door in Inuyasha's face.
“Geh!” The boy screamed, nearly colliding with the door. He put his hands in front of him to stop the collision.
Ji-chan stepped back into the room, carrying three brooms and multiple cleaning tools.
“You all have the clean up what you've destroyed.” He said dropping the stuff in front of the three's feet.
“But I didn't even do anything!” Kagome replied.
“Yes you did, you allowed a stranger into the house unauthorized, so you get to help.” Her mother protested.
“This is so unfair...” She muttered under her breath, picking up a broom. “Look what you made me do..” She muttered again at the two boys.
“Well, what are you looking at? Help me!”
The two kind of shrunk back at the snap.
“Ok, ok, don't get your skirt in a wad.” Inuyasha waved a hand as Souta took the broom and began to sweep using small strokes.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Well, there you have it. Sorry for the delay, I've been so busy and this was one of the fanfics that was sorely ignored. I really hope I haven't lost any reviewers.
Well, I promise a better update next time and for those of you who haven't join my mailing list in my bio to get updates before everyone else. I hope that you all will R&R, even if it's a good story, I still want to read it. I've gotten so many letters, and I really wish that those people would leave reviews, so please, please, PLEASE review me!
R&R!