InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Affection ❯ Cathrasis ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Here I am with chapter 14. This chapter isn't exactly funny; it's full of drama and things along that nature, but bear with me. There may be a few humorous parts of the fanfic coming up in a while.
Anyway, sorry for the lack of updates, my PC went whack a while. This just isn't my day, is it ? Well, here is chapter 14 for all of those who are still following the story.
Also, I've changed my summary around a little. This story is going to go a different way that I had originally intended it to go. Please bear with me, it's not the greatest of my works, I know, but it's enjoyable nonetheless and will get better as I go on.
Also, I edited this chapter.  Thanks "Picky Writer" for pointing out those things.  Also several others have and I thank them as well, so this is the revised version.  Try not to kill me ; I'll never get done with the story!
Chapter 14: Catharsis
The next day, Inuyasha found himself thinking of nothing but that accidental kiss. Even through school, no matter how he had tried to avert the subject, it always came back.
In History class, the entire class was assigned to write letters from a prisoner's point of view. They had been studying World War II.
Everyone was divided into groups via, “The Card” method, and unfortunately, Jakotsu, Bankotsu, Hojo and Miroku were all stuck together as partners. Bankotsu didn't seem to mind, but Hojo and Miroku were cringing.
Inuyasha, Kagome, as well as Sango and Nozomi were in a group all their own. Sango and Nozomi were coming up with ideas, and Kagome was handling the envelopes.
The raven haired man wasn't doing much to help, just sitting there, thinking to himself.
“Hey, Inuyasha?”
He grunted in response, never minding to look up at her shuffling through the countless white envelopes. Inuyasha replaced the shuffling with the sounds of his fellow classmates and the occasional screams from Miroku and Hojo as they were being hit on by a certain homosexual boy.
“Can you help me?” Kagome asked the black-haired boy, holding out a bunch of envelopes in her hand, looking quite expectant. He regarded her rather coldly, wrinkling his nose at the envelopes.
“What the hell are they? “ Inuyasha asked.
A flash of hurt and annoyance crossed her eyes.
Whenever she wore that expression, even for just a moment, it reminded him so much of.....
“They're the envelopes for our assignment.” Kagome regained her perky edge and handed him a few envelopes. “Weren't you listening?”
She told him further. “I need you to help me sort them by size. We won't need the big ones.”
She then proceeded when she got no response. “If you're not going to help, I can always get another partner.”
“Why?” Inuyasha grind his teeth, the jealousy coursing through him. Why was he jealous? It's not as if the kiss had meant anything, right?
But Kagome's other partner; it was probably going to be another male, right? There was one kid who didn't have a group.
“Why? Because I actually want a good grade on this project, that's why.” She fumed.
“And what if you won't work with me, are ya gonna choose him instead?!” The raven haired boy rose up and pointed at the young boy, who was just looking confused. Nozomi and Sango stopped what they were doing to look at Inuyasha, who seemed to draw all of the attention to him.
Even Jakotsu, Miroku and Hojo froze when they heard him yell. Good thing the teacher wasn't there. She had stepped out for a moment.
The raven haired schoolgirl glared at his rudeness, clenching the edge of her fuku, completely oblivious to the fact that his feelings were growing for her since he had first met her.
“At least he'll do something!”
“Yeah right.” The black haired man snarled flicking the envelopes into the air as Kagome gaped at the parchment, fluttering down in a rain, a top of herself, Inuyasha, Sango and Nozomi.
“You're probably just gonna flirt with him or something.”
“What!?” She retorted, voice remaining the same. “I don't even know him very well. Besides, even if I did, why would YOU care?”
“Because, idiot, I---”
Inuyasha cut himself off. He had almost said something he didn't want to.
“What was that? What did you have to say to me?” The raven haired girl quirked an eyebrow.
“Nothing!” He snapped and flexed his fingers in irritation. “Nothing at all.”
Like she would understand him. She reminded him so much of his old girlfriend, Kikyou, from the last school he had attended. Inuyasha had to move away before he could say good-bye to her.
It hadn't been his fault though; it was a last minuet notice when his father had switched jobs.
Was that what he had felt, because she looked like Kikyou?
Or did he simply want a new girlfriend to help mend his broken heart?
Whatever the case, he wanted Kagome.
Kagome would be his....
Whether she knew it or not.....
He had certainly felt he had said too much.
“Inuyasha,” The raven haired schoolgirl began again, this time a bit more gentle and with a look of slight concern. “What's wrong?”
The raven haired boy doesn't reply, only seeming to stare off into nothing really, using his silence as a self defense.
“Inuyasha, please, talk to me.”
Still she received no answer.
Keh, what does she want me to say. Hey, Kagome I almost shouted my growing love for you! Oh yeah right. Why would she care if I've slowly been becoming attracted her? Besides- She doesn't want to hear that shit- she's got to many suitors `AT SCHOOL' to think about!

“Inuyasha, what's wrong?” Kagome tried for a third time, never suspecting the thoughts that are going through his head. “Why won't you talk to me? What did I ever do to you?” She replies, crossing her arms over her chest.
What did she ever do to him . . . ? His eye twitched slightly in irritation. That did it.
“Inuya- - - !”
“Shut up!” He roared, causing even more attention to be drawn to him, getting to his feet in a huff. “Just shut up and give your stupid envelopes and do your stupid project with someone else, see if I care! AND STAY THERE, WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!”
She might as well if those fools over there are all she can think about.
Kagome stared, wide-eyed, at him for a moment- totally taken aback- before beginning to tremble- - -

With rage.

“What is your problem?!” She yelled with a tinge of anger, standing and putting her hands on her hips; looking up at me with fury filled brown orbs.

“I'm simply sick of hearing you gush about other men.”

“I am not gushing. Besides, I repeat would you care, even if I was?”

The black haired boy fell silent again, not wanting to answer that question. However, he don't back down in the slightest- instead he locked fiery gazes with her and refused to blink. Eventually her eyes become so dry she has to, and accompanies said blinking with a loud `Humph!'.
“Wonder what his problem is.” Bankotsu blinked.
“Yeah, he did just kind of blow up out of nowhere.” Jakotsu, who was sitting beside him noted.
Miroku let out a sigh. “Inuyasha and Kagome never have gotten along that well, but I can't help but feel that there is apparent chemistry between the two.”
Hojo just remained quiet and blinked a few times, trying to consider the situation from different angles.
Kagome opened her mouth to speak, but just at that precise moment, the bell rang.
Inuyasha walked casually away and out of the door, leaving Sango, Nozomi and Kagome to pick up the pile of envelopes that Inuyasha had flung across the room. Miroku, who had stayed behind, looked at the three girls.
They were all bending over picked up the envelopes.
“I can't believe Inuyasha. That jerk left us to clean up after him.” Nozomi fumed. “I've got a math test, I don't have time to do this. “
“Why don't I assist?” An ominous figure asked, looming above the three.
“Miroku, “ Sango replied, looking up at Miroku.
“Thanks for helping us out.” Kagome thanked the young man, who began to pick up the envelopes with the girls.
“You can get to class, Nozomi. I wouldn't want you to fail that test after all.” Miroku replied with a gentle massage to Nozomi's buttocks.
“Lecher!” She shouted and smacked him with her purse in hand.
Sango wore an angry expression. “Can't you ever keep your hands to yourself?”
“I can't ignore a woman in distress, besides; I was simply wishing her good luck.”
Nozomi walked out of the classroom in a storm.
Kagome simply sighed to herself.
That was Miroku for you. Too bad the boy couldn't understand that the way to a woman's heart wasn't through a massage on the buns, but rather through sweet words and a kind heart.
No matter how much he hit on his other classmates (minus Jakotsu, of course) he seemed to pay special attention to Sango, and she had a feeling that the two really loved each other deep down inside.
Besides, if they didn't, why would Sango be so jealous right now?
I know it was short. I had to end it there though. The next chapter will be better, I'm sure of this. Sorry for the wait for all of you Inuyasha fans. I hoped you enjoyed this though. It took me a whole day to work on it.
I started at 12:00 and now its 2:30. Now that I'm off of school, I'm sure I can catch back up with my updating and hopefully, you'll see a couple of new fanfics by me in the future.
Thanks for all of your help and support, and be sure to give me a review here and there. Please press the button and give me a review, even if it is only something short.