InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ High School Haters Stories ❯ date chaos ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: hey guys… yep, I'm still blocked. I'm trying to write but everything that comes out I hate it… well, anyways. About this story, if someone who has read it before is rereading it, you know that there is a sequel but I'll just put everything together and have it as just one story… probably add a few more chapters, depends on if people are really reading... if not, well, I'll just post the chapters I have here and the sequel will not be posted again. Sorry, I'm just a beginning to act way too lazy. Okay, that's it for now… review please!!! =)
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome stared intensively; she couldn't believe how similar they were; this Kikyo girl looked like her even more than Rin. She had flawless pale white skin, raven dark long hair and a pair of big chocolate eyes. Kikyo pushed her hair back before stretching out her hand towards Kagome; she quickly shook her head to bring herself back to reality and showed her a soft smile.
 
“Oh… I'm Kagome,” she replied a bit nervous, Kikyo smiled back.
 
“So you're Kagome… Inuyasha has told me a lot about you,” she placed her hand on Inuyasha's shoulder, Kagome looked at her surprised.
 
“Really?” she asked with disbelief.
 
“Yeah… he told me that we looked very much alike, I can't see it.” Kikyo giggled and Kagome nodded unsure, she thought the resemblance was uncanny.
 
“Hey…um, Kags? Maybe we should get going,” Kouga said as he looked at Kikyo and Kagome, it was impossible not to think they were related.
 
“Right, I guess I'll see you guys later.” Kagome said as walked out the room followed by Kouga.
 
As they walked through the hallway, Kagome was thinking about canceling her date with Kouga. He seemed to be very injured after his fight with Inuyasha and she thought that maybe it'll be better for him to rest. `He's not okay; he should stay at home and take something for the pain…' Kagome sighed and opened her mouth and Kouga stopped walking.
 
“No, I really want to go.” He said, she looked at him as if he was crazy and he smiled. “You don't have to cancel our date, I feel fine.”
 
“I know you do and probably you won't feel this way later, we can always go out some other day.” Kagome said as she placed her hands on her hips, he shook his head and kissed her forehead.
 
“As long as you're by my side, I'm okay.” Kagome smiled and he grabbed her hand. “Let's go, I know you hate to get late to class.”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Inuyasha walked to his home with Kikyo holding his hand and asking him countless times about how he was doing, he kept on reassuring her that he was okay but she wasn't giving up. Inuyasha had his house all for himself, he shared it with his brother but Sesshomaru barely spend time in it so it was as if he was living alone. His parents were never there, they were important business people that traveled constantly and whom he barely got to see even during holidays. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha had no problem, they were big enough to take care of themselves but they always had some troubles when it came to cooking and cleaning which was why their house was always messy.
 
“You're not bleeding anymore, are you?” Kikyo asked and Inuyasha groaned annoyed.
 
“No, I'm not.” Inuyasha said annoyed. “I don't know why you worry so much; you saw how the other guy ended.”
 
“Yeah… but the other guy isn't my boyfriend so I don't have to worry for him,” Kikyo kissed him lightly; she always thought that their lips fit perfectly together as if they were made for each other.
 
“You're probably right, so… wanna go to the movies tonight? I heard some great reviews about that cheesy romantic movie.” He offered as he dropped his bag next to the couch.
 
Inuyasha started planning this since he heard Kouga asking Kagome out, it was something that didn't bother him but the thought of the two together in a dark room made him nervous. `I bet he won't mind if my girlfriend and I join them to the movies.' he thought maliciously as he waited for Kikyo to answer, she looked at him dazed.
 
“I thought you hated to go to the movies, last time we went you were complaining about everything, and you even fought with the guy in front of us because you couldn't listen because he was laughing.” Kikyo said as she sat on his couch, Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“Yeah but there's always a second chance… that is of course if you want to go,” he said as he sat next to her and placed his arm around her, Kikyo sighed and nodded before smiling at him.
 
“Okay, will you pick me up?” he smiled before kissing her softly.
 
“I'll be at you house by 8.” Kikyo smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.
 
“Yeah sure… so besides getting on a fight did you did something interesting?”
 
Inuyasha thought about it for a second. `Hm… let's see, I got to sit next to Kagome during English for the rest of the year, I told her I used to love her, I asked her to have lunch with me and… should I tell this to Kikyo?' he thought carefully, he shook his head and looked down at her.
 
“No, not at all… what about you?” Kikyo smiled brightly.
 
“I met this girl, Kagura and her brother Naraku, they were really nice to me, and they even invit…” he placed his hand over her mouth to stop her from talking.
 
“Wait Naraku, a weird looking guy who wears eyeliner?” she thought about it and shook her head.
Naraku, he was everyone's own worst nightmare. No one dared to speak or even look at him because how dangerous he seemed to be. His eyes were always surrounded by his usual dark eye liner, his hair was let down and very wavy and when he smiled it was pure evil streaming from his smirk. The reasons for everyone to be afraid of him were rumors about him killing his cousin who disappeared almost a year ago, Onigumo. Even though no one knew if it was true, they thought there was nothing wrong in keeping some distance.
 
“He's not weird… but yeah, that sounds like him. He's nice.” Kikyo said and Inuyasha arched his brow.
 
“Oh… so you think he's attractive,” she shook her head.
 
“No, I just don't think it's bad for a guy to wear eyeliner.” he rolled his eyes.
 
“You seriously don't want to befriend this guy, he's like a serial killer… ask him where's his cousin and you'll see.” Kikyo shook her head once again.
 
“Onigumo? He already told me that story, he moved to South Africa and now everyone thinks he killed him because the last they saw him was with him.” he laughed.
 
“Yeah, right! Then why did they find a shirt filled with his blood mixed with Onigumo's? And why is the police investigating that case if he only moved away?” Kikyo started thinking.
 
“Well, maybe his nose started bleeding and at that exact second…” Inuyasha let out a groan, Kikyo pulled away and stood up. “And probably, the police aren't aware that he moved away.”
 
“Oh, c'mon… you know that's bullshit, he's crazy!” Inuyasha yelled as he got off from the couch and Kikyo scoffed.
 
“You know what, Inuyasha? Maybe we shouldn't go out tonight because you dislike so much someone you barely know… I can't stand you when you act like a jerk.” She said as she picked up her bag.
 
“Fine!” he yelled as she walked towards the door, she groaned annoyed.
 
“Fine!” she said loudly before slamming the door once she was outside, he sighed heavily.
 
Inuyasha slapped his hand against his forehead, he was aware that he had screwed and all because he just couldn't stop and be happy for her. His plans were ruined and now he had to apologize to his girlfriend later. `Great now with whom am I gonna appear at the movies so I don't look like a total jerk alone, I could probably invite…'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome tried her best to look nice for her friend but not too formal, she didn't want to look silly at the movies and even worse, she didn't want him to think she was taking this too seriously. She took a red tank-top with a white skirt; she wore her favorite red flats to match them with a scarf Kouga had given her last Christmas. She was ready to go and then the doorbell rang, she kissed her mother goodbye before walking downstairs and going out the door. Kouga stood in front of her with his jaw nearly hitting the floor, Kagome smiled.
 
“Kagome… wow, you look…” he said but he found no words to match his amazement.
 
“What? Is it that terrible?” she teased and he shook his head furiously.
 
“No, I'm worried about the guys at the movies that will stare at you, come on you look… you look so… sexy!” Kagome blushed feverishly.
 
“Thanks, c'mon…” she said as she grabbed his hand and pulled him so they would start walking.
 
Before they noticed, they were already at the mall and they walked towards the movie theater. They lived pretty close to the mall and they didn't have to take a car, there was nothing to worry since their neighborhood was very safe. They stood in front of the ticket center as they decided which movie they would watch.
 
“I wanna watch a horror movie,” Kouga said as he looked at the movie chart, she sighed.
 
“Kouga… you know I'm a scary cat; let's just watch that pretty romance movie, please?” he laughed.
 
“Again? We already saw that, come on lets watch this one okay?” he asked as he stared at her, she rolled her eyes and she was about to answer but someone interrupted her.
 
“Yes, I heard that's a really good movie you should watch it Kagome.” she heard a very familiar voice suggest behind her; she turned around and found her best friend's boyfriend.
 
“Miroku? Are you here with Sango?” she asked as she looked around for her friend.
 
“No, actually I'm here with a friend.”
 
“Miroku, Sango is gonna kick your ass when she finds out you came here with someone else.” Kouga said and Miroku thought about it before shaking his head.
 
“I don't think Sango is crazy enough like to be jealous of my best friend.” Kagome gasped.
 
“Oh, please, please! Tell me you're not here with…”
 
“Hey Miroku, have you decided what you wanna watch?” Inuyasha said as he walked towards them, Kagome closed her eyes hoping it was just a nightmare.
 
“The mutt face?!” he said furiously and Inuyasha sighed.
 
“Relax wolf, I won't hit you again.” Kouga clenched his fists in anger and Inuyasha smiled arrogantly.
 
“Kouga why don't you go buy the tickets, okay?” Kagome smiled at him and he nodded, he shot a deadly look at Inuyasha.
 
“Sure, I'll be right back.” Kouga walked away and Kagome looked at Inuyasha irritated.
 
“Kagome, you look…” Inuyasha saw Kagome with his eyes wide open, he didn't even blink.
 
“Stop it… you know? I wanted to make up this night to Kouga for what I did to him at lunch and…”
 
“What did you do?” he asked dumbly and Kagome sighed annoyed.
 
“I invited you to join us! I don't even know why I accepted your invitation; it was only a waste of time.” Inuyasha felt bad, he knew it was true and Kouga came back.
 
“We should get in, our movie starts in 5 minutes” she smiled and agreed, “Bye Miroku, mutt face…”
 
“So you decided what you wanna watch?” Inuyasha asked his best friend, his eyes didn't leave Kagome.
 
“Yeah, I wanna watch… the one about the giant monkey.” Miroku said as he checked Kagome's outfit, Inuyasha noticed it and smacked the back of his head. “What did I do?”
 
“You were just checking… you just picked a crappy movie.” Miroku arched his brow before rolling his eyes. “I heard that horror movie is pretty good.”
 
“But you said you watched that movie last week.” Miroku said confused and Inuyasha lost his patience.
 
“Yeah? Well I feel like watching it again.” Inuyasha replied, Miroku shrugged his shoulders and followed him to the ticket center.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
The friends got their seats, it was very hard for them to find it since the theater was full and there were only 4 seats left; all of them together but Kouga thought it was perfect since it would leave him and Kagome alone, he smiled as he guided Kagome to their places. Kouga was about to sit down when his stomach grumbled lowly, he pursed his lips and looked at Kagome.
 
“Do you want something to eat?” Kouga asked.
 
“Oh no… I mean if you are gonna buy it…”
 
“I'm starving, what you want?” she smiled at him.
 
“I want some nachos, lots and lots of cheese please.” He chuckled.
 
“You got them.”
 
Kouga left, Kagome placed her scarf on his seat just to let people know that the seat was taken. Soon, the lights went off and the movie trailers started. Kagome looked around, Kouga wasn't back and the movie was about to start. She saw a pair of shadows coming to her direction and as soon as some light reflected on the person, Kagome recognized him.
 
“Miroku, are you following me?” she asked playfully and he nodded.
 
“Damn, you discovered my secret plan Kagome.” Miroku said, Kagome laughed lightly but then looked at him serious. “I felt like watching this movie and Inuyasha said it was pretty good.”
 
“I know, hey… would you mind pretending we don't know each other? I don't want Kouga to know you are here with, well, you know…” she said pointing with her eyes at Inuyasha.
 
“Anything for the best friend of my girl.” Miroku flashed her a smile.
 
Kagome returned the smile and saw Kouga coming back with her nachos, some popcorn and a hotdog; she assumed it was for him. Kouga didn't even bother to look at his surroundings; he just had eyes for Kagome. The movie finally begun, Kagome ate half of her nachos and left the other half on the seat's arm; it seemed to be a very insecure place but she managed to place them there well balanced. Kagome seemed to be very scared, she covered her eyes constantly and jumped a bit whenever the killer showed up; Kouga took this chance and placed his arm around her. She was grateful; it somehow made her feel safer although there was nothing to be afraid of. Inuyasha had been watching everything; he just couldn't stand the idea of Kouga trying something when he was sitting less than a foot away.
 
“Kags, remember that I had something very important to tell you…” Kouga hissed as he moved closer to her ear, Kagome nodded as she kept her eyes on the screen.
 
“Yeah, what about it?” Kagome quickly closed her eyes as the protagonist fell on the ground with blood around her.
 
“Well,” He said, he gently grabbed her chin and made her turn to look at him. “I wanted to know if, maybe…you wanted to be my…girlfriend?”
 
“I… don't know… I mean, I probably don't feel the same way about you.” She said, he smiled.
 
“Why don't we find out?” She bit her lip gently as Kouga moved closer to her.
 
Even though it wasn't what she wanted, something deep inside did wonder what would feel like to kiss Kouga. Kagome anxiously waited for his kiss to come as she closed her eyes softly. Inuyasha panicked, it was something he hadn't expected and he had no idea of what to do to stop it. He noticed the leftovers that Kagome had left on her seat and quickly pushed Miroku, his elbow hit Kagome's nachos which fell on her skirt. Kagome and Kouga quickly pulled apart.
 
“Damn it! I have to go clean it.” Kagome said before walking out of there, Kouga groaned annoyed and looked at the person who was sitting next to Kagome.
 
“Hey, I think you owe an apology to my girl.” Kouga said to Miroku, he gulped hard.
 
“Um… je ne pas anglais” Miroku quickly said, Kouga looked at him closer; Inuyasha rolled his eyes as he stared boringly at the screen.
 
“Miroku? Is that you?”
 
“Je ne be that guy…” Miroku tried again; Inuyasha let out a chuckle.
 
“Great Miroku, you're here with the mutt face... can this get any better?” Kouga said as soon as he recognized the guy sitting next to him.
 
“Alright you got me… do you think my level of French has improved? I mean, I almost got you fooled.” Kouga rolled his eyes.
 
“I was so close to kiss Kagome!” Kouga said frustrated, Inuyasha mentally sighed in relief.
 
“Sorry about that, it's just that…”Miroku stopped when he looked at Inuyasha's face; he held a look that clearly told him `if you tell him I'll kill you!' “I had to sneeze,”
 
“I never heard you sneeze.” Kouga arched his brow, Miroku nodded nervously.
 
“That's because… I'm a very silent sneezer,” Kouga looked at him confused but nodded anyway, he sighed.
 
“I just can't believe how close I was,” Kouga repeated.
 
Kagome returned after that and sat next to Kouga, she smiled at him brightly and he anxiously waited for her answer. She wasn't ready to give it to him; it was very hard for her to say something that she hadn't thought about. The possibility of her and Kouga becoming a couple seemed alluring but very dangerous, if they did get together things would never be the same. Inuyasha kept on looking at them, just in case they might decide to kiss again.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“I can't believe how scary that movie was!” Kagome said as they went out of the theater, he nodded as he grabbed her hand.
 
“Let's get some ice cream.” Kagome stopped walking. “Unless you want to go home already.”
 
“I feel like going for an ice-cream,” Kagome said as she lightly squeezed his hand, Kouga smiled and kept on walking.
 
Kouga quickly pulled her inside the ice cream parlor and ordered for two sundaes. Inuyasha got out of the theater when Kagome and Kouga had already left; he cursed Miroku for wanting to know if there were any hot girls. It would bother him all night the idea of the two of them kissing, the thought of them kissing was repulsive but it also made him crazy inside; jealousy was getting the best of him.
 
“Thanks Miroku, now I'll have to continue bothering Kagome tomorrow.” Inuyasha let out irritated as he searched everywhere for Kagome and Kouga.
 
“Hey calm down, you're acting as if you liked her…” Inuyasha looked away embarrassed, Miroku quickly smiled. “You like her, don't you? You like Kagome!”
 
“Shut up!” Inuyasha yelled as he turned around flushed, Miroku chuckled.
 
“Well… you like her, right?”
 
“I did, now I am with Kikyo… I'm over her.” he announced and Miroku arched his brow.
 
“Really? Then why did you follow her to the movies? Why did you watch the same movie? And even tried to follow her to whatever other part she and Kouga would go?!?” Inuyasha sighed as he sat down on the theater stairs.
 
“I'm pathetic, I'm in love with someone but I'm dating another girl… isn't that stupid?” Inuyasha asked waiting for his friend answer, Miroku sat next to him and shrugged his shoulders.
 
“If you say so…” Inuyasha hit the back of his head and let out a sigh.
 
They walked to Inuyasha's home in silence; tonight, Miroku was staying at his house. The two friends entered to Inuyasha's house, still not saying a word, trying not to wake up Sesshomaru. They entered to his room; Miroku noticed a photograph on Inuyasha's study table. He stared at it attentively; it was of Sango, Kagome, Inuyasha and himself. Sango and Miroku were smiling while Inuyasha and Kagome were staring into each other's eyes ready to kill. He remembered they took that picture the first week Miroku and Sango started dating.
 
“Inuyasha, how long have you liked Kagome?” Miroku asked as he looked back at Inuyasha, he was taking out a few blankets from his closet.
 
“I don't know for a while like… for three years now,” Miroku looked at him shocked.
 
“What?! You have liked this girl that long and you haven't even ask her out?!” Inuyasha nodded embarrassed and scratched the back of his head.
 
“Well, yeah… it's kind of a secret, okay?” Miroku shook his head.
 
“Your secret ends now, you're going to tell me everything.” Inuyasha let out a deep sigh.
 
“Where should I start?”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“Thanks for everything tonight Kouga… I'm sorry about what happened at the cafeteria, I shouldn't have told him he could join us.” Kagome said as they reached her door.
 
“I told you already, you have nothing to apologize for.” Kagome nodded and he smiled at her.
 
“So… I guess I'll see you tomorrow.” Kagome said before she quickly placed a peck on his cheek; Kouga grabbed her hand before she went inside and gently pulled her closer to him.
 
“Yeah,” Kouga slowly approached her lips, she remained still. “Kagome, I have to know something before we kiss. I wanna know if …”
 
There was no more room for words; the night was silent as soon as Kouga was stopped. Kagome had quickly placed her lips above his and it was the sweetest kiss Kouga had ever received.