InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ High School Haters Stories ❯ they kissed ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next day Kagome met Sango at the front door as usual; Sango would want know what happened yesterday, a detailed version. Sango was always curious about Kagome's life and she knew her best friend would be furious if she hid something as big as her kiss with Kouga last night. Either way, if she didn't tell her Sango would eventually find out from Kouga; after all Kouga and Sango were the best friends of Kagome and they told each other everything about her. `I guess their world turns around me… yeah right…' she thought and giggled a little, Kagome walked slowly towards Sango.
 
“So, Kags… how was your date with Kouga?” Sango asked as Kagome sat next to her in front of the school, Kagome sighed and smiled.
 
“It was pretty good.” She quickly got up and walked to her locker.
 
Sango followed her and as Kagome tried to open her locker, she quickly closed it and demanded her to tell her. Kagome tried to avoid the conversation but Sango wasn't letting it go. After a few minutes of struggling and trying to change the subject, she told her everything; how she dressed, who she found there, what they watched and what they did after the movie and even…
 
“And then I kissed him,” Kagome said, she quickly had to cover her ears when she heard her best friend squeal.
 
“Oh my god! I can't believe you kissed him! I mean, if I kissed a guy that I have met forever I would feel as if I kissed my brother.” Sango said with a wide smile, she grabbed Kagome by her shoulders and squealed again. “Sorry, this is so exciting!”
 
“It didn't feel as I expected.” Kagome confessed, Sango looked at her dazed.
 
“What do you mean?” Sango asked, Kagome opened her locker and grabbed her stuff before closing and walking away with her friend by her side.
 
“I didn't felt as if I… love him,” Kagome sighed heavily and her best friend rolled her eyes.
 
“Kagome, life's not a movie… you better remember that.” She sighed again. “Are you like… his girlfriend?”
 
“No, I told him I would answer him when I was ready.” She bit her bottom lip gently and Sango smiled excited.
 
“What are you going to tell him?” Kagome opened her mouth but closed it when she saw Kouga standing in front of her.
 
“Tell who what?” he asked and she shook her head as she faked a smile.
 
“Nothing, just a question for Miroku that Sango wanted me to ask him.” Kagome said winking at Sango, she looked at her confused.
 
“I do?” Kagome stepped on Sango's foot. “Ouch! Yeah, now I remember,”
 
“I better get to chemistry class; I bet I'm with Inuyasha in it as well… just my luck.” Kagome sighed; Kouga pulled out his schedule and checked it before sighing.
 
“Apparently, I have English now.” He said and Sango patted his back.
 
“Don't worry; I'll be with your Kagome… I mean Kagome” Sango winked at Kouga as Kagome blushed.
 
The girls walked to chemistry class and in the hallway Sango found Miroku flirting with a girl, she slapped him and forced him to go to his next class. He quickly excused himself by telling his girlfriend he was waiting for his friend. Kagome noticed how late it was and decided to walk alone to her class as Sango and Miroku kept on arguing. On her way to class, she dropped a picture she was going to hang on her locker; it was a picture of her and Kouga when they entered the first grade. Kagome kept on walking as she looked at the picture feeling how her heart seemed to twitch when she looked at Kouga, feeling nothing more than the usual love for her friend. `Is it true that maybe love isn't as I pictured it but only what I felt last night or what I'm feeling now? No, I remember when…' her thoughts were interrupted when she crashed against something or someone, making her drop everything she was holding.
 
“Ouch! I'm sorry I wasn't looking.” Kagome picked up her things, whoever made her fall offered her a hand and she grabbed it as she tried to stand up.
 
“I'm sorry Kagome, it was my fault.” a familiar voice beside her apologized and when she looked at him she pulled away her hand.
 
“It had to be you Inuyasha, I take it back then.” she walked away, he followed her closely.
 
“Kagome, can't you just forgive me?” he asked and she let out a sigh before looking at him.
 
“Of course I'll forgive you… but for what? Fighting with my best friend? Following me to the movies? Making nacho sauce fall on my skirt to avoid me kissing with Kouga?!” he was dazed and at the same time ashamed.
 
“You knew that was me?” he asked embarrassed.
 
“Of course I knew! Who else would have such a twisted mind to avoid me from kissing my friend?” she asked annoyed, he sighed.
 
“Okay, I'm sorry for fighting with the wolf, I mean Kouga… I'm sorry about following you to the movies, I'm sorry to make nacho sauce fall on your skirt, but I'm most sorry about still loving you while I have a girlfriend.” he admitted and Kagome opened her mouth to say something, but only one word came out.
 
“Inuyasha,”
 
“Don't say it, Kagome.” Inuyasha walked away.
 
Kagome stood and watched him as until he disappeared. She sighed heavily; it wasn't her intention to make him feel bad. She quickly got to the class and she went to grab her seat. Unfortunately for Kagome, she and Inuyasha got to be seated together, again, since Sango and Miroku were already seated together. She looked at him for a few seconds, he seemed to be okay but something inside her was heavy for making him feel so bad. She took a deep breath and lightly tapped his shoulder.
 
“I'm sorry about what happened at the hallway, I really am.” he smiled at her.
 
“I'll forgive you if you give me the chance to have a new fresh beginning.” Inuyasha offered her his hand and she took it gladly.
 
“Sure, friends?” Kagome said, he nodded.
 
“Friends.” He agreed. “So… how was your date with Kouga?”
 
Kagome at first thought she shouldn't tell him, it wasn't something she would share with someone that had professed his love for her a few minutes ago but they were going to become friends. `And friends tell each other everything, right?' she asked herself and agreed but it wasn't necessary for her to go into details.
 
“It was good, why weren't you there with Kikyo?” Kagome changed the topic, he sighed.
 
“That afternoon we had a fight, a small one though… no big deal,” Kagome nodded, taking in account how hard it was for Inuyasha to tell her that.
 
Class was a blur and she sighed heavily when she realized what was next in her schedule, P.E.; Kagome hated that class, she wasn't really bad at it but it was her cocky classmate that annoyed her. Her name was Ayame and she was a gymnastic, she, of course, was great at that class and often earned good grades in others because of her competitions. Ayame had a huge crush on Kouga, thinking he was the sweetest boy ever since he helped her with her math assignment a few years ago; it was the other reason she hated that class because no matter what, Ayame was always with her in that class. She never told anyone but the reason she was always trying to surpass Kagome was because she somehow thought that maybe it would impress Kouga and make him see further from Kagome. She saw Ayame walking inside the locker room and also caught her rolling her eyes before preparing a fake smile.
 
“Hey Kagome,” Ayame said as she pulled out her clothes, a magazine fell and Kagome noticed cheerleaders in the cover.
 
“So, are trying out for cheerleaders?” Kagome asked and Ayame nodded.
 
“Maybe, now that I have retired from gymnastics it might be good to try a new sport…” Ayame answered as she changed her clothes, Kagome tied her shoes and smiled at her.
 
“Well, good luck with that.” Ayame laughed.
 
“As if I needed it.” She said before walking out the changing room.
 
The class was just as Kagome expected it, Ayame was a show off and everyone was impressed with her elasticity, begging for her to put her leg next to her head again. Kagome sighed annoyed and tried to keep on with the exercises her teacher had asked them to do. Finally, it was over and Kagome took a shower, changed and walked out of the gym. After another class, recess finally came and Sango approached her with more questions about her date.
 
“So tell me, how did you kiss him?” Sango inquired and Kagome blushed lightly as she giggled.
 
“With my lips, dummy.” Sango hit her softly on her arm.
 
“Of course you did! But was it like a dry kiss or a wet, hot French kiss?” she blushed even more and sighed.
 
“Well it was…”
 
“Hey Sango, I have something for you.” Miroku said as sat next to his girlfriend, he puckered her lips and pushed himself closer to Sango but she pushed him away.
 
“Later, so is he like a good kisser? Was it a French kiss?” Sango asked intrigued ad Kagome covered her face in embarrassment.
 
“Who's a good kisser? Are you guys talking about your date last night with Kouga?” Miroku asked and Kagome nodded.
 
“Yes, okay?! He's a great kisser and yes, I did kiss Kouga… you guys happy now?” Kagome said as she stood up and walked away, Sango and Miroku followed her.
 
“I never thought you and Kouga would kiss, wasn't that weird?” Sango slapped him softly. “That hurt, I mean… well, you know… you guys are best friends and things will change.”
 
“Miroku, hush. This is a girl discussion and as far as I know you're not one… wait for me at my locker, okay? ” Miroku rolled his eyes.
 
“Girl discussion? Whatever, don't take too long.” he kissed her cheek and she smiled, Kagome was thankful but then Sango looked back at her and continued.
 
“Kagome, I thought you were a nice girl and you never kissed in the first date.” Sango reminded her with an accusing look; she nodded and blushed deeply this time.
 
“Yeah, with a stranger but… with Kouga, everything was different. Look, I feel weird talking about this now… can we continue this later?” she begged, her best friend let out an annoyed sigh and nodded.
 
“I won't forget, I'll go check the lecher.” Sango said with a frustrated tone on her voice, Kagome laughed and her friend giggled a bit before walking away.
 
“I'll call you!” she decided and Sango nodded as she kept on walking.
 
The rest of the day was pretty calm; Kagome went to class, had lunch, and back to her class. Before she realized, her day was over. As she walked out of school, she made sure her friends weren't around, she had a lot to think about, mostly about last night and Miroku's words kept on ringing in her ears. Would things change now that she would probably become Kouga's girlfriend? Did she really want to start a relationship with her best friend? ` If Kouga and I become a couple, our friendship will disappear and if we want to be friends again we couldn't be as we are now… but what if we don't and if he ends being… like, the one?' It was a hard decision but she had more than enough time to think about it. The answer lay deep in her heart but she never listened to it, her heart would betray her again. Last time and the only time she heard her heart, she ended up in love with guy who was 15 years older than her; since then, she decided she would leave feelings to her brain as scientists had suggested and heart keep on pumping her blood to keep her alive.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
“Kikyo, I'm sorry about what happened yesterday… can you forgive me?” Inuyasha asked her, handing her a small flower he found on his way to her house. Kikyo took it and smiled lightly.
 
“Okay, but… no more complaining about my new friends, understood?” he sighed annoyed but nodded anyways; Kikyo kissed his lips softly and hugged him. “Is there anything else?”
 
“No, well… do you wanna go out tonight?”
 
“Oh… I can't I'm going to a sleepover at Kagura's house.” Kikyo replied with a smile. “And now that I think about it, I should get going… bye.”
 
Kikyo plastered a soft kiss on his cheek before grabbing her bag that was resting on her stoop and walking away. Inuyasha wanted to complain, he didn't like the fact that she was spending time with Kagura and the thought of her with Naraku was making him shiver from the inside. He sighed heavily, he decided to go back home and maybe watch a movie to forget about it, try to stop the pulsating urge that wanted him to stop Kikyo. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the echo of his voice behind him; he looked back and saw his friend.
 
“Inuyasha, wait for me!” Miroku yelled as he run towards him. “Hey… could you… try and… not walk that… fast?” He said as he tried to catch his breath. “Besides… I have…something to tell you,”
 
“I'm listening,” Inuyasha reminded him as he started walking again; Miroku did his best to try to keep his pace.
 
“Well today, I heard Kagome telling Sango about her wonderful date with Kouga.” Inuyasha arched his brow, he already knew that story.
 
“And?”
 
“She said that when she got home, you're not gonna like this, Kouga and her…” Miroku looked back at Inuyasha, who seemed to be very unimpressed by his story. “Well they…”
 
“They what?!” Inuyasha said annoyed.
 
“They kissed!” Miroku nearly yelled, his best friend seemed to not have heard it since he was very cool about it.
 
“So?” Inuyasha asked, still no emotion.
 
“I thought you might want to know this since you know, you have a crush on Kago…” Inuyasha quickly covered his mouth and slapped the back of his head with his free hand.
 
“Sh! Someone could hear you!” Inuyasha looked around, making sure they were alone. “Kagome's my friend now; I guess I should stay out of her business and besides… I have Kikyo, I can't be jealous about something like that.”
 
“Oh, right...” Miroku said incredulously, Inuyasha nodded.
 
“Seriously, I mean it… besides I'm not jealous about her kissing Kouga.” he thought about it and then pictured her kissing him, with such passion and love, it drove him crazy.
 
“Really?” His friend asked, noticing the frustration coming from Inuyasha's eyes.
 
“Or becoming his girlfriend… or getting married or having kids or…or…or.” Inuyasha said as he violently cracked his knuckles; Miroku quickly grabbed his hands, making him react.
 
“Hey, relax! If you like her so much, you should end your relationship with Kikyo and give it a shot with Kagome.” Miroku still held Inuyasha's hands to stop him from breaking his own fingers.
 
“Maybe you're right…”
 
They walked in silence to Inuyasha's house, Miroku was watching him closely in case he got another jealousy attack but he seemed to be very calm. `Probably thinking about Kagome.' He thought as he watched him taking deep sighs and staring at the sky constantly. Finally, they got to his house and without waiting for an invitation Miroku walked inside; he spend most of his time with Inuyasha so it was like almost living with together. They heard some weird noises and they both turned their attention to the couch where Rin and Sesshomaru were kissing heavily. Inuyasha made a gagging sound, Miroku laughed and Rin gasped as she pulled away from Sesshomaru.
 
“Hey leave, this isn't a free show.” Sesshomaru said as Rin buried her face in his chest.
 
“Maybe you should get a room,” Inuyasha replied with a smile.
 
“You'll pay for this Inuyasha. Rin, let's go up stairs.” Sesshomaru grabbed Rin's hand and pulled her to his room to continue.
 
Inuyasha looked at them dazed; he shrugged his shoulders and sat on his couch. Miroku did the same. They played video games for hours and only talked when someone one wan, so they could ask to play another game. It was almost 9 when Miroku grabbed a pencil and a piece of paper from his backpack, he wrote a number and on top of it he wrote `Kagome'. He handed it to Inuyasha and stared at it confused before saving it in his pocket.
 
“What are you waiting for? Call her and set a date with her.” Inuyasha shook his head as he pulled out the number again.
 
“Miroku, she knows I'm dating Kikyo.” Miroku shrugged his shoulders before showing him a grin.
 
“So? Just tell her you broke up with her… she'll never know.” he stared at him with despise, he didn't know why he was still his friend.
 
“I can't do that! If I want to be with Kagome, I should finish my relationship with Kikyo first, I can't lie to both of them… it's not right.” Miroku rolled his eyes.
 
“Fine, whatever… call her when you are ready.” He said as he walked towards the door and finally left.
 
Inuyasha kept looking at the number, he decided whether to call her or not, it was a tough decision for him. `I've been dating Kikyo for about 2 months now, probably more but I have been in love with Kagome for 3 years… maybe Miroku's idea isn't that bad… I could even no, no, no! I can't! I can't lie to them! ' He picked up his cell phone and dialed Kikyo's number; any distraction would be good now.
 
“Hello?” Kikyo answered, he heard some giggles in the background.
 
“Hey Kikyo, we need to talk.” he said as he walked around his living room in circles.
 
“Oh! You did remember! Happy three month anniversary to you too, I love you.” Kikyo stated excited, he stopped and laughed nervously.
 
“Yeah, right… you caught me; I was going to take you out as a surprise.” Inuyasha said, trying to sound as excited as she was. “I'll pick you up at eight tomorrow, okay?”
 
“Okay, love you, bu-bye” Kikyo said before hanging up.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Kagome got home soon, when someone came at her door knocking.
 
“Kagome… it's terrible, something… really terrible.” She said as her neighbor cried inconsolably. “He's… Kouga…”
 
“What? What's wrong with him?” Kagome asked alarmed, Kouga's mother cried some more and finally let it out.
 
“He got hit by a car.”
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: senior year is driving me crazy… no time for myself, at all. Review please… more chapters this weekend, promise! =)