InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hostage Situation ❯ Never Underestimate the Underestimated ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
You can kinda tell that I don't have anything better to do with my ime since I'm always updating but I guess that's a pretty goog thing for you if you like to read it

anyways, just had to get that out there
back to the story!
________________________________________________________________ _________________

When I saw that Homebase was fairly close, I sprinted to the door in an effort to A) Get away from Inuyasha, B) Get in the nice, dry building, and C) Get away from Inuyasha.

I yanked the door open to find a very interesting site...

Hojo, Hojo and Kikyo... Hojo singing with the "Pretty Pony" Song and Kikyo Dancing to the "Pretty Pony" Song. I heard Inuyasha come up behind me and freeze as I did. Hojo and Kikyo also froze.

And we stare, and stared and stared.

"What... are... you... doing?" I managed to say. I swear, shock had just completely taken over my mind.

"Uh... listening to some music..." Kikyo said. I mean she acted like I was the one who was weird... ya okay, whatver makes you feel good and important. While I was experiencing Aftershock, Inuyasha was on the ground LHAO (Laughing his Butt off).

"And WHY are you listening, and dancing in your case Kikyo, to the Pretty Pony theme song?" I asked.

"They are being punished Kagome." I heard Miroku's familair voice speak up. "So I take it the mission didn't go too well?" He asked.

"No." I simply stated. What more could I say?

"Hold it Miroku! You know this girl!!???" Inuyasha's voice boomed.

"No, actually I don't know this girl, I know this Lady." He said with a smooth voice.

"Cut it Miroku, and you two1 Stop it! It' starting to really Freak me out!" I said, having about enough of their "Pretty Pony" routine.

"Well, what do you want us to do Kagome?" Hojo asked in his polite voice.

"Uh, Let's see... Not act like idiots." I replied.

"You know, I heard that Hojo was actually the one who picked out the "Pretty Pony" Song. I think this puishment wa actually more for Kikyo, because of the embarrassment. Hojo on the other hand seems to be enjoying it." Miroku whispered to Inuyasha and I as we watched Hojo sing along and bob his head to the song.

"Doesn't suprise me." Inuyasha muttered.

"And who are you to be suprised at anything?" I said sarcastically. I was not defending Hojo, I was showing Inuyasha I hadn't forgot about the mean things he said.

I was suprised he didn't come back with some lame retort, but instead hung his head down in shame. Seems like he was actually sorry for what he said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah right, he probably was checking his clothes to see if they had gotten ruined so he could blame me for the rain, and his ruined clothes.

"So... uh... Kagome, you met Inuyasha?" Miroku asked, trying in vain to break the silence.

"Unfortunatley." I said.

********************Inuyasha's POV********************

You know, Kagome was started to really make me mad, so once again I did something without thinking. I shold of know, yes she was being a jerk, but so was I...

Miroku asked me next,

"So, did you guys have a nice time?" He asked me.

"Heck no, what would make you think I'd have a nice time with a crazed, act on impule person like her?!"

Oops. Crapola.

********************Normal POV***********************

There he goes again! Again!!!! I was just about to come up with some witty retort when Miroku stepped in seeing the Danger Zone.

"Oh! By the way, Boss wants to see you! Have fun!" He said while zipping away as fast as he could.

I looked at Inuyasha with a glare while he at first gave me the almost apalogetic look, but seeing my glare returned it.

"After you." He mettered with a growl.

"Ladies first." I said with a snarl of my own. He just gave me the "Look" and started to walk to the Boss' office.

(A few feet later)

I saw the door coming into veiw, and my breath got caught in my chest. As I reached for the handle and turned the nob I heard a gruff vioce say, "Come in. And close the door behind you." I heard Inuyasha gulp, and I probably would have laughed at him and made fun if I hadn't done the exact same thing.

After the door was closed I heard him say, "Well isn't it my two favorite people in the world." i expected the Worst to come, the yelling the screaming, and my personal favorite, the biting of the heads (off) and the firing, or formaly known as the Execution. (that's what we call it, 'cause once you're fired your memory is sometimes erased and yadda yadda yadda).

But, it never came... All I felt was a hand being placed on my shoulder... it was Inuyasha's and I know I wold have thrown it off if it weren't for the scared ****less situation. But then I felt a slap on my back and I looked up to see Mister Moshi's bright eyes.

He was smiling at us. Strange, Strange man. But never the less, I was soooooo sooooo relieved to have Mister Moshi and not the Firing Nazi (A.K.A. Fingleburg).

"You two kids sure got into a lot of trouble. You know, actually it's not so bad. He got away, that was a big downer. His house was destroyed, along with evidence, another bummer, But other than that you guys did a Great job!" He said while smiling down at us. "Oh stop looking at me like I'm gonna fire you. The Agency can't afford to loose it's two (pretty much) Top Agents to a Firing. Actually, you got off rather easy... Hikeku said that you guys didn't really get along so well, so I convinced the Board to make your punishment be the combination of the two peoples to form a band of Elite officers in the Line of Duty." He finished.

Our mouths hung open.

"YOU'RE MAKING HIM MY NEW PARTNER!" I yelled as I pointed to the dumbstuck guy next to me.

"Actually, more like you're new Assignment, but ya I guess you could call it that." He said with that grin on his face.

"I can't believe this!" I said while sinking into one of the plush chairs in his office.

"I CAN'T BELEIVE I HAVE TO WORK WITH HER!!!" Inuyasha houted angrily while finally registering what was going on.

"Oh save it, it's been done." I said as I let my head drop back to hit the nice coushin. I felt a very bad headache coming on.

"It will be good Practice you guys. Sometimes you have to cooperate with people!" He said to us. It seemed he was getting frusterated with our "negative behaviour".

"What about Kikyo and Hojo?" I asked, suddenly remembering the useless partners still out in the Enterance Hall.

"They have been assigned Partners as well with each other. You two may have get to work with them again sometime... Which reminds me, I have a new Mision for you two." my head shot up worsening the nauseous feeling I had.

Mister Moshi handed Inuyasha the folder and explained the Mission out loud.

"You are to go and retrieve the Emoshiba from an Egyptian Museum in Cairo, all the details are in the folder. You leave in two days... Also, it is rumored that Moshitoka's men are after this emblem too, for reasons that have yet to be discovered. Be careful, and Kagome, remember, Never Underestimate the Underestimated." He said, his tone changing drastically to one of seriousness. The saying "Never Underestimate the Underestimated" was one he used to tell me all the time... for if you Underestimate the Underestimated, you will have unleashed a great weapon in their favor...

_________________________________________________________ ____________________________________

there's chapter ten!!!!

once again, plz review and have a safe trip home!

We hope you enjoyed the Chapter. Stay tuned.

Sobao

ps: see I told you I'd tie everything in with the beggining summary!





Converting /tmp/php48AhyE to /dev/stdout