InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hostage Situation ❯ Somethin' Short of a Kiss ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Here we go here we go!

Hostage Situation
Chapter 12

Somethin' Short of a Kiss

(To start it off, let' have Inuyasha's POV)

She was but an inch away, come ninety percent, and then wait until she somes the final ten... So I waited, It must have been forever.

****************************Kagome's POV*************************

He came closer, and closer, and closer... until he wa but a breath away... And then he stopped... What was he going to do? Was he going to close the gap? What the heck! It's like he came 90% and then juist stopped!

***************************Inu's POV**************************

Well? Whgy wasn't she coming! Did I want her to? No! No I don't! Didn't! Then why am I this close?

***************************Kagome's POV***************************

Why is he just standing there! Isn't he going to DO something!!!!!! WAIT! I DON'T WANT HIM TO DO ANYTHING!!!!!! Then why am I this close! What kind of a position is this!

****************************Both**************************** ****

Am I in denial?

****************************POV*************************** ****

Both of them sighed at the same exact time, and backed away from each other.

********************************Normal POV**************************&+**************

What was that all about! What was I doing! What was I thinking, I'll tell you what I was thinking... I wasn't thinking, I guess that's what I was thinking. Alright I needed to calm down... Take deep Breaths... find my Center.... Find my Center..... Find my...

WHAT WAS I THINKING1 How cold that have happened!? What would have happened???!!!!!! Would I have stopped it?!!!!! How many lives were put in danger because I decided to be over the top and get "caught i the moment"!!?????

Agh! I just wanted to smack myself unconcious... or just slide away... under a rock... a big rock.

Finally, I was pulled back to my senses when Inuyasha grabbed my wrist tentively.

"Uh... We should... ah..." He said with a blush flaming on his cheeks.

"Get... back?" I provided.

"Ya... that." He said.

We walked down to the Messhall for some Dinner to find that it was crowded. The only open space was by the Bathrooms... and believe me... you DO NOT want to eat there. Been there, smelt that.

I decided on 3 Cans of Chefboyarde, while my Associate grabbed 17 Cartons of Instant Ramen.

"You sure you got enough?" I said sarcastically, while paying for my food. I know, it stinks! They don't even give us free food... well, actually they do... but with all the Chefboyarde I eat... they kind of made me start paying...

"Actually, No. I'll probably have to come back later and get another 14 cups." I stared at himwith my mouth open. He saw my expression and started to crack up... I mean seriously, he almost dropped his Dinner!

"How about you, Chef Kagome Ravioli?" He said in a polite voice while paying for his food as well.

"I could use a few more cans, if you don't mind." I said in a sweat sugury tone. Then I was the one who started laughing.

After we had paid for out food, we got out of line and scanned the Hall for a place to sit, prefurabley a table and chairs, but to no avail.

"Do you wanna eat in my place, I have a microwave and everything," I asked.

"Well, I guess it's better than eating by the Restrooms."

We walked up to my room, ocassionally laughing about some idiotic thing, and finally reaching my room. Homebase is built like a hotel... except most of it is Underground... but all agents and Staff have a Room to themselves... Like an Apartment, or Condo.

I took out my Swipe card and Swiped, and as I did, a scanner popped out and checked my retna. We heard the locks click, and the door opened to reveal my room. It was decorated just like a Hotel. No real personality, but when your always on the move, you don't really have time to decorate and make a place your own.

"This looks like a Hotel Room." Inuyasha said as he looked around.

"I bet your room doesn't look much different... probably just messier... and less organized."

"Ya, because I don't have Maid Service." Poo. He caught me. A claening Maid comes her every day when I'm up and about and cleans the Room.

"Nose." He said in answering to my questioning look.

"Oh... well, sit down, sit down! Here hand me your Founatain of Ramen." I said as I made my towards the Kitchen. To my suprise he got up and gollowed my there, opening each cup and filling them up with water to the specified mark.

"Here Einstein." I said handing him a HUGE bowl.

"Thanx." He said as he poured the Ramen into the Bowl.

After we had sat down on the couches with all our food I turned to him, "So... you wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure."

"Okay... Scary or Comedy?"

"No chick flicks?" He looked at me with curious eyes.

"No! Don't get me wrong! If you want to watch a chick flick, then we can watch a chi-"

"No! NO! I just thought that, uh, Nevermind. Scary, if you think you can handle it."

I phhfft. "You're lookin' at the Queen of Scary Movies."

"Ya well you're lookin' at the King."

"Well, what one do you want to watch, and Barney's Adventures doesn't count."

"Cute, very cute. It (the Movie)."

"Old School."

"I know, but it will still scare the crap out of you."

"Hahaha. Better bunk up in your Bunny feet paujamas Inuyasha, 'cause you'll be needin' them."

"Feh."

I snorted.

"What was that? Did you just "feh" me? What kind of thing is that?"

"You wanna laugh? I'll make you laugh." He poked me in the side and I doubled over with laughter.

"ALRIGHT! I SURRENDER!" I shouted between laughs. He finally relented and I was gasping for air.

"Alright, let's watch the mov!"

"Wooo hooo!" I jumped up and turned on the Tv, hwile Inuyasha ordered the Movie on Payperveiw.

As I settled back down on the couch with Inuyasha, I couldn't help but think that somehow... it was so comfortable... even after the fight... and the extremely awkward moment we had, I felt okay... more than I would like to admit... sitting on the couch, sitting stuck together....


************************************************ ***********************
_______________________________________________ __________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed!
Please Read and Reveiw!