InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hostage Situation ❯ Till The End ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 21
 
 
Thought I'd give ya another chapter `cause I'm so nice. Jk jk. Just playin'. Anyways please review, thanx especially to Kitani . Thank you so much.
 
Peace, Love, and Partays.
 
I tried to tell him it wasn't for real, but the idiot didn't get the hint. He gave me that look, the look of Betrayal. It made me want to drop the stupid thing and go hug the flippin' life out of him, assure him that I would never hurt him, and kiss his stupid butt until he forgave me.
 
But I knew I couldn't do that.
 
Never Give Up.
 
He had to understand this was the only way to end this.
 
“Kagome I'm shocked, I truly am.” Naraku managed to let out in a voice unlike his own. He knew I loved him. And he relished in the fact that I had “turned” on him.
 
“Oh don't flatter yourself. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for me. You think I can have this lead weight dragging me down? It just so happens this lunk-head is important to you.”
 
With every sentence Inuyasha made a choking noise, like his heart was being ripped out. Like his throat had closed and oxygen had stopped flowing throughout his body. No!
 
No way! I did not just do this so he could die of a broken heart! My eyes glistened slightly as I beseeched every ounce of strength in my body to compel me not to cry. No.
 
Never give Up.
 
Once again, Inuyasha blocked out the subliminal messages I was sending him. I think he blocked everything at the moment. He crumpled to the floor as if every wall he had ever built had just been bulldozed to the ground.
 
Goddamit!
 
After this, I was going to have to buy him an incredibly gorgeous convertible, or an enormous bowl of ramen… I think the car would be less expensive.
 
“Naraku. It seems we have reached a stake out. Neither of us are willing to give up our claim on the hostages. We're going to have to settle this the old fashion way. Me against you, one on one. A duel, so to speak.” I smirked. No way he could refuse now.
 
I heard movement from behind me, and I heard the person I least expected's voice say, “I'll fight you Naraku. For Kagura… for…” Inuyasha's voice cracked, “Kagome. Just let her go no matter what. You can have me; if I loose, you can do what you wish, but let them go.”
 
He sounded so weak… so distant.
 
Inuyasha.
 
Inuyasha you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had this all planned out and you go and screw it up with your romantic love thing…
 
But I guess, that's what I loved about him. I know I would have done the same.
 
“NO!” I practically screamed at him. “I'LL do it! It's MY fight. This doesn't concern you!” In a hushed whisper I added, “please.”
 
I stared into his eyes, willing him to trust me after I had broken the only whole part left of his heart.
 
He didn't. I could see it in his eyes, but he respected me. And so he un-willfuly let down the argument he had and let his head drop.
 
**************************
 
We followed Naraku to an enchanted room. The spells that had been placed on it practically emitted fumes. I could smell the sacred essence of the room as he led us to the center.
 
I fell one step behind him and grabbed Inuyasha's hand silently applying pressure as a sign of endearment. I slowly mouthed, 'I Love You.'
 
His eyes widened as life seemed to spring back into them. His whole body began to fill with life and his soul seemed to awaken.
 
Finally, he seemed to understand what I was doing and why I was doing it.
 
Which is why I immediately regretted telling him at that particular moment. When I tried to take my place immediately behind Naraku, he held my hand with such severe intensity I couldn't break free.
 
I told him with my expression that I had to do this. He wouldn't let go. I stared into his amber orbs pleading with him. I was about to cry for the second time today. The most I've cried in the past 10 years. He reluctantly let go and watched as I smoothly took my place behind Naraku, who didn't even notice that I had just had an entire conversation with my hostage.
 
When we reached the desired location, Naraku took off his black robe and dropped in on the floor. The whole room immediately changed the moment the cloak hit. Stone pillars rose out of the ground as an ancient stadium appeared as if it had been there the entire time and we were too blind to see it.
 
The atmosphere of the newly transformed arena had changed as well. The thrill of a fight had replaced the harmonic feeling that it had once possessed. In a moment, Inuyasha was gone, whisked away into the stands as hundreds of people began to fill them. As I searched the hundreds of faces, I finally found his; composed, and beautiful. Then I saw Kikyo enter stage left.
 
I felt my muscles contract. Why was she leaning down to his ear? What was she saying?
 
I wanted to run up there and beat her-
 
“Not backing out are we, Kagome? I thought you never backed out of a fight?” Naraku sneered from behind me. Little had I noticed but I had involuntarily moved toward Kikyo and Inuyasha.
 
When I turned back to look at Iuyasha, I noticed a new companion in their box, Kagura.
 
Here face was pale, and her clothes were in little more than tatters, but she looked determined, more determined than I had ever seen hr. She gave me a secret smile, and a look of pride shone in her eyes.
 
“I hope you don't mind but I've invited a few guests to come and watch.” He motioned to the awaiting eyes that stared us down like raw meat. Then I noticed something quite odd about them, they were wearing kimonos and obis as well as hoaris.
 
Even Inuyasha's sexy attire had been changed to a red fire fat hoari.
Kagura's rags had been replaced with a beautiful 3 layered kimono, and Kikyo, as it turned out was wearing old fashioned Miko robes.
 
`What an oxymoron`, I thought, `Kikyo in high-class clothing.'
 
“Now to lay down the rules…”
 
I look down at my own drab. It consisted of a skin tight outfit of dark blue silk mixed with light tan Japanese symbols, such as one for courage, which was placed at the hip.
 
I tried to chuckle. “Courage”, like heck I was gonna need it.