InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 8

~oOo~

Naraku once more gazed upon the tainted Shikon no Tama, a sick smirk on his face as the light inside wavered...

~oOo~

Still floating in pieces in the void, Kagome felt the darkness in the jewel like a taint in her soul.  It was making her sick – she felt like her own soul was being violated.  The feeling was a million times worse than when Akago had his fingers in her personal darkness.

She thought of her mother, waiting in vain for her daughter to return.  Her brother, who wouldn't understand, and grandpa... he wouldn't care that it was one of his legends that had swallowed his granddaughter.  He'd still miss her.  He'd be angry.

My world... where I grew up.  She could feel the tears she was shedding, but there was nothing to wipe away.  Will I ever see it again?  Will Inuyasha even come for me?

Practicality told her he couldn't save her this time.  After all, she didn't seem to have a body anymore.  She may as well be dead, because she was little more than a ghost like this.  How could he save someone who didn't even have a solid form anymore?

Even Tenseiga couldn't restore a person's entire body from nothing.

Inuyasha... grief settled inside her chest, a weight she couldn't remove, and suddenly, a storm broke out inside her soul at the pain that burst from her in that moment.  A storm that was, shockingly, echoed inside the jewel.  She could feel it all around her, and she began to realize that she was becoming part of the jewel – it was integrating her into itself, and everything that happened inside her would be played out inside her prison.

Drenched in sorrow, she looked around at the flashes and the pouring rain, and couldn't help but think it suited her feelings as she floated in the nothingness.  The rain was so heavy it was almost coming down in sheets... it was like her soul was bleeding out, and she welcomed the torrent with open arms, letting her tears blend with the rain until she couldn't tell the difference anymore.

She reached out with every part of her mind and heart...

Inuyasha... I'm so lost – more lost than I've ever been.  It's so dark.  Are you searching for me?  I don't think you can help me this time...

She closed her eyes under the onslaught as the rain increased in intensity.

Will I ever see the sun again?


Converting /tmp/php68DBUW to /dev/stdout