InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 19

~oOo~

Inuyasha flinched as an ominous, deep rumble reverberated through the void, and everything around him froze.

A piercing, agonized scream suddenly assaulted his ears, and he screamed in answer, knowing that voice as well as he knew his own.

“Kagome!!!”  

Darkness swelled around him, and he could feel the tiny bit of light still left within the jewel flicker weakly.  His heart stopped in the moment it went out – he knew what it meant.

“Kagome!!”  he screamed again into the now silent, still void.  “No!  Don't give up, wench, I'm here!  You should have known I would come for you, woman!”

But there was no answer, and no flicker of recognition of him or his words, and suddenly, he was more desperate than he'd ever been.

“Remember, Kagome!  Don't you always want to be together?”  he choked, his emotions overwhelming him and leaving him defenseless to the horrible, crippling sense of loss that was settling into him.   “C'mon, wench, don't give up,”  he whispered weakly.  “You fought off Menomaru, Kaguya, and Tsubaki, and all to stay with me.  You've stayed despite Kikyou, and always been my light.  You can't let it go out now, Kagome.  What will I do without you?”

Silence greeted his heart-broken words.

And then his soul was shredded by evil, wicked laughter and hatred bleeding from the very air around him.

Blackness descended, and he could no longer see anything around himself.

The light had finally flickered out like a blown out candle, and the evil in the jewel rejoiced.


Converting /tmp/php4fMzYt to /dev/stdout