InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 20

~oOo~

That wicked laughter bled out of the blackly shimmering Shikon no Tama, and everyone in the region froze as darkness fell at midday.

Miroku shuddered; looking at his companions with somber eyes, he said,  “The Shikon no Tama has been completed, and it is corrupt.  Naraku has triumphed.”

There was little the four frightened companions could do as the air around them turned evil and cold but cling to each other and pray that the end, when it came, would be quick.

Hope, carried by them against all odds for so long, died.

Across the landscape, yet not really that far away, Sesshoumaru once more froze as he tracked his retainer through the gathering gloom.  

Looking up, his eyes flared to crimson as he realized what had happened.

The Jewel was once more whole, and darkness would now reign.

He narrowed eyes that were stealing what little light was left from around him in an unnatural display of his own power.

Despite you, Naraku, I will protect what is mine!

He disappeared into the distance, heading for the scents of his retainer...

And Rin.

He would not forsake her.


Converting /tmp/phpol2NGc to /dev/stdout