InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 21

~oOo~

Gloating at the beauty of the fully tainted Shikon no Tama, Naraku held it up and stared at it, mesmerized.  

“Finally, I have completed it.  And now reality is mine to do with what I will.”

He continued to stare at it for some time, bewitched.  He almost couldn't believe he was holding a whole jewel.

Now I have to decide what I want to use it for...

“What can I use your taint to wish for?”  he murmured.

He was in no way prepared as the jewel rose from his hand to hover in the air before him – nor as Magatsuhi's voice answered his query.

“You are a fool, spider.  Did you really think I would grant you whatever you wanted?  Your thanks for once more completing me is to become a puppet for me.  This Shikon no Tama has a wish of its own – and you will be the one to make that wish for it, since it cannot wish on itself.”

Frozen, unable to move or speak, Naraku was suddenly drowned in the knowledge that he had been an unmitigated fool.

The jewel had made easy use of him, and was going to do so again for the final time, draining him of life in the process.

And now my dreams are as broken as Inuyasha's.  How ironic, Naraku thought with an anguished laugh.  

So much for wishes.


Converting /tmp/php9xbIOy to /dev/stdout