InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 22

~oOo~

Blinded by the matchless depths of night around him, Inuyasha's heart stuttered and threatened to stop as his world shattered with the loss of his love.

Yes, it was only now when she was gone, that he could fully admit aloud what she truly meant to him.  His feelings went way beyond caring, or friendship.  And now it was too late.

Despair etched deep lines into his face.

But somewhere, there was hope still alive inside him, because he just couldn't bring himself to truly believe that Kagome was really gone.  That hope was choking him – but it was also reaching out to Tessaiga, because just as it seemed Inuyasha had finally been defeated, the sword pulsed and then flared with a scintillating corona of light.

Almost blinded in the shock of light breaching the darkness of the void, Inuyasha squinted at his father's fang, only to see that it was getting brighter as it pulsed – as if it had its own heartbeat.

It reached inside him to that hidden well of hope and yanked it out into the light that Tessaiga was feeding into the void.

“Kagome!  I know you can hear me, woman!  I'm with you... whatever happens to you is gonna happen to me, because you're not alone.  I'm here, and I'm not leaving without you, wench.  So just wake the hell up and break the hold this damn jewel has on you!”  he shouted, his voice echoing into the silence and somehow gaining strength instead of dying down.

Damn it!  It's so ironic that I didn't realize until now... “Kikyou's the past, Kagome, and even though I'll always remember her with love, she's gone – you are my future, and I'm not willing to let you go as I've finally let go of Kikyou.  So just wake up and fight this thing!  Come on, wench!  Come back to me,”  he pleaded.  “Come back to me!  Just wake up and come back...”

Please...


Converting /tmp/phpy6qwA4 to /dev/stdout