InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hymn 23

~oOo~

“Kagome!”

Deep in the darkness something stirred, and a sluggish fragment of the one known as Kagome woke.  

“Kagome!”

Inu... yasha?  

As that name echoed through what was still left of Kagome, more of her awoke.  That name had always been a siren's call for her, and barring interference by the kami, would always call her back from wherever she was.

It was no different this time.

He's... calling for me.  I can feel him.

Listening intently, she took in his words.

“Kagome!  I know you can hear me, woman!  I'm with you... whatever happens to you is gonna happen to me, because you're not alone.  I'm here, and I'm not leaving without you, wench.  So just wake the hell up and break the hold this damn jewel has on you!”

No,
she moaned.  Inuyasha... It's too dark here.  You have to go back to the light...

But as her consciousness continued awakening as Inuyasha kept calling for her, exhorting her to fight, she took in the fact that the Shikon no Tama was complete...

And dark.

He can't go back to the light... because the jewel has destroyed the light.

“No,”  she whispered aloud, her voice weak but there.  “No.”  Struggling to gather herself, she pushed back against the darkness within herself, determined to rekindle the light no matter what.

She would not fail.

Slowly, a faint glow began to be visible once more from that central darkness, and as infinite seconds passed, grew bit by bit, becoming brighter.

The heart of the warrior that lay within the young, inexperienced girl had finally been awoken, and the Shikon would tremble before her.

I am with you, Inuyasha.  I am always with you.

~oOo~

A/N:  Don't worry – there's plenty more angst to come... it ain't over yet.  Mamasama, hope you are still enjoying it!

Amber


Converting /tmp/phpzPN47W to /dev/stdout