InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 24

~oOo~

Just as the darkness outside the Shikon no Tama seemed to reach its deepest point and despair had taken hold of the most stout of heart, a stillness broke the storm's grasp on reality, and then a tiny rent appeared in the dark clouds, letting in a single ray of light to illuminate the lands.

Looking up in awe, Miroku gripped tighter to his companions as a tendril of hope came back to life inside him.

Perhaps... perhaps, all hope was not in vain?  

As all those across the lands watched with fear-riddled hope, slowly, oh, so slowly, another rent appeared in the clouds, letting in another burst of light, and then another, and another, until the darkness was fleeing across the sky and the sunlight once again bathed the lands in blessed light and warmth.

Inuyasha's companions began praying fervently that he would find Kagome – and bring her home.

None of them wanted to hear the hymn for the missing any longer.  They were tired of the lament – it was time for a new melody to take its place.

One much more pleasing to the ear.


Converting /tmp/phplCikaM to /dev/stdout