InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 25

~oOo~

In the midst of its gloating, the Shikon stumbled to a halt as its darkness fluctuated, pulsed, then began to actually withdraw... light rolling in behind it.  Shuddering, Magatsuhi abruptly released Naraku, puncturing a hole through him and filling him with a poison so potent even he couldn't fight it so that he could not escape.

Now dying, the spider could only laugh weakly as he faded away...

“You have killed me... but you will be destroyed by Kagome's light.  How ironic that the one person you thought was the weakest, was the one person you could not beat,”  he whispered, before disappearing forever.

Shaking, cursing, Magatsuhi flung himself back into the jewel, throwing every bit of his darkness into the task of pushing back the light.

And for a few minutes, it almost seemed as if he was going to succeed.  Ancient, powerful, Magatsuhi was the ultimate evil, and it was apparent in his soul's sheer dark size.  

But there was one light that even he couldn't defeat...

The light of love.

No matter what happened, the truth was that Kagome loved Inuyasha.  And if he was in danger, she would crawl back from the depths of hell to help him.  She had, after all, already called herself back from death once before, when Kikyou had been reborn.

When Kikyou had been reawakened, everything that was Kagome was gone.  She should not even have existed in that moment... and for several moments, she was, indeed, dead, and only Kikyou existed.

But then Kikyou had attacked Inuyasha, and his cry had awakened the primal part of what was Kagome, at which point she had torn herself away from death, away from Kikyou, and brought herself back to life – all to save the hanyou she loved from suffering and death.

The moment that Inuyasha had followed Kagome into the jewel, Magatsuhi and the evil inside the jewel had lost – they just hadn't known it.

And as everything that was Kagome within that tainted jewel responded to the presence of the hanyou that was her world, an onslaught of light erupted from what was once her...

… burning away every bit of black taint, hatred, and malice that existed in that void.

Just as Naraku had faded away mere minutes before, so too did Magatsuhi dissipate into the blinding soul light that was called Kagome as it spread throughout the entirety of the Shikon no Tama.


Converting /tmp/php9kXl57 to /dev/stdout