InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 26 ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 26

~oOo~

As she became stronger with the light spreading from within her soul, Kagome searched out Inuyasha's presence...

When she found him, she wrapped him protectively inside her soul's warmth.

Inuyasha... you have to go now, she said into his mind.  You can't stay here.

When Kagome's soul had wrapped around him, his knees had buckled and he could have sworn that heaven had come down over his broken heart and healed it.

But when he heard what she was saying to him, he began to panic.

“No!  I said I wasn't leaving without you, wench, and you can't make me!”  he yelled, terrified at the thought of life without her.

You have to, Inuyasha.  I can't focus on what I have to do with you here – I can't protect you and do what needs done at the same time.

“But... but,”  he stammered weakly,  “I can't be without you, Kagome.  Don't ask that of me... please don't ask that of me.”

Inuyasha... there's always a goodbye.  Nothing lasts forever...her voice sounded sad,  but I have to finish this.  The Shikon no Tama must be destroyed or this evil will never end.  Even if you can't see me... I will always be with you.

There was a pause, and then...

Go, Inuyasha.  And know that I have always loved you.

As fear and horrible, unbearable pain rose up inside him, some great power wrapped around him, and before he knew what was happening, he was laying on the floor of a cave, with the glowing Shikon jewel next to him on the ground.

He hadn't even had the chance to say goodbye...

Denial rose hot within him and he screamed.

“NO!!!”

Converting /tmp/phpq8vEud to /dev/stdout