InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Hymn 27 ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hymn 27

~oOo~

Inside the jewel, Kagome firmed her determination.

The jewel had to go.

But how?

As she pondered her situation, a small glow came towards her from the depths of the Tama, and she watched with wondering eyes as a human woman dressed in ancient armor approached her with peace in her eyes and happiness on her face.

“You have destroyed the darkness of the corrupted souls that lay within this jewel,”  she said, and Kagome swallowed heavily.

“Midoriko,”  she whispered, awed.

The woman smiled at her.  “There's only one way left to make sure that this jewel is never tainted again, Kagome.  You must guard it.”

Frowning in confusion, Kagome stared at the woman.  “But... I don't have a body anymore.  How can I do that?”

Midoriko gestured around them at the now warmly lit void.  “The Shikon no Tama was brought back into the world by being born within your body.  Just as it was reborn through you, you will now be reborn through it.  What was once the jewel, will become you.”

Eyes wide, hope suddenly called out to the young girl.  “You mean... I can still live?  I won't lose my family... Inuyasha?”

“No.”  Midoriko's smile widened.  “Come, Kagome.  Gather your courage, and let me do what it is in me to do, so that I may finally go to my own rest.”

And Kagome took the woman's outstretched hand...

~oOo~

A/N:  And now we are coming to the crux of the story!

I apologize for the lateness of the post - I just had a procedure done on my back this morning, and my pain meds were upped again, so I'm pretty exhausted, not to mention out of it.

I hope everyone enjoys the update and thinks it worth the wait.

Amber

Converting /tmp/phpF45unU to /dev/stdout