InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hymn for the Missing ❯ Aria ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Epilogue:  Aria

~oOo~

Inuyasha and Kagome were joined as one in a joint ceremony by Kaede and Miroku, and from that day forward, they were never apart.

As time marched on, each era making way for a new one, the two that had almost been separated permanently only held to each other tighter.  

Centuries passed by, and they began to realize that neither of them was aging at all.

While Kagome had suspected such would be true for her after she had become one with the Shikon, she had dreaded outliving her beautiful hanyou...

But her heart settled and all fear left her after a visit from Sesshoumaru some four hundred years after the events in the Sengoku Jidai – Inuyasha was not aging, either.  

As a hanyou, he would already have aged and died if he were going to.  It had become apparent to his full youkai brother that Inuyasha at least had the lifespan of a full inuyoukai, if nothing else.

And that's when Kagome knew that she had Midoriko to thank for her good fortune.

With even that last fear of being separated now gone, the two could concentrate only on being together...

Now, there wasn't even a Kikyou to draw them apart... the elder miko had been taken by Midoriko to join her in her rest, leaving nothing to stand between the hanyou and the one he loved.

His heart had made its choice the moment he'd followed Kagome into the Jewel...

It was not a choice he ever once regretted in all the long centuries that he walked by her side.

Owari

Converting /tmp/phpQ2g0f2 to /dev/stdout