InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I am His ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I am His Chapter Five   Kagome arrived back her time moments later, startling her grandfather when she slammed the shrine doors open with a force that nearly broke them. Kagome’s mother and Souta looked at the now demon woman in their house and Ms. Higurashi looked away, “it’s time.”   “I believe it is,” Kagome said, calming herself in front of her mother and brother.   “For one, I’d like to say, I am not your real mother.” Kagome kept silent but nodded and let her mother continue, “your mother and father are both inu Youkai in the other time, they’re long dead now… thus the reason you’re here. The used the Shikon jewel inside of you to pass you through the well, I found you crying at the bottom.”   Kagome nodded slowly, her mind remembering the incident. She relaxed, “thank you.”   Ms. Higurashi nodded, “you’re very welcome. You’ve been a joy to keep,” Ms. Higurashi stood and walked around the table to her ‘daughter’ and hugged her, “now, I should tell you… you have a suitor in the other time.”   “…suitor?” Kagome asked.   Kagome’s mother nodded, “the young lord Sesshoumaru-”   Kagome gaped, “Sessh… Sesshou?!”   Kagome’s mother nodded, “he is wise, and good for you dear, even though he’s rough around the edges.”   “Rough?!” Kagome kehed, “more like deadly.”   Kagome’s mother laughed, “I know, I know, now, get back. You’re friends are probably worried.”   Kagome nodded, stood, hugged her and Souta and raced back to the well and though it, coming upon to meet Sesshoumaru, staring at her… intently.   She brushed her hair back with one of her clawed hands blushing furiously as she looked into his eyes. What she found surprised her. His eyes were gentle, soft and looked like warm suns. Nothing about him at that moment seemed like the stoic demon lord. He approached her, “Lady Kagome…”   “Just Kagome, you know me as such.” She smiled at him.   “Kagome…” he said, liking the taste of the name. He placed a hand to her cheek, “I would… have never realized you were…”   “Me either,” she said, pressing into his touch, “Kind of weird, to live like a human for so long, then realize you’re the higher being.”   “And a Miko, to add,” Sesshoumaru said, amusement dancing in his voice.   “Heh… yeah… really weird,” she said, her tongue being tied suddenly from his closeness. Her heart was beating a mile a minute, she didn’t know if it were fear or…   “Why do you fear me now? You never have before.” The demon lord questioned.   She looked at him and her heart stopped racing, hid eyes brought certain calm to her no one else could, “I don’t… fear you, Sesshou…” she wanted to say something else, but whatever it was, her mind didn’t think of it.   He smiled gently, and leaned in. She could feel his warm breath fan across her cheeks and it made her blush, he smirked then pressed a soft warm kiss to her cheek, “farewell, for now, my lady.” He bowed to her then was off on his cloud again and she felt herself watch as he left, and squeal bubbling up in her as if she had just been on a good date with a boy. Which in truth, she rather did, and she ran back to the village with a smile on her face.     ***     Walking into the hut, a smile on her face, everyone just stared at her, Miroku was the first one to get up the courage to ask, “What made you so happy, Kagome?”   She smiled, “oh, nothing, can’t a girl just be happy with out being grilled for it? Sheesh!”   InuYasha blinked at Kagome and her odd use of words but brushed it off, “well, it’s sure a change…”   Kagome turned to him; her silver eyes now an icy blue, “SIT!”   THWAM. Oh yeah, that had to hurt.   “It’s for me to know, and you to find out, dog-boy.”   She laughed at him as he rose from his place in the ground and glared at her, “you better run.”   “MEEP!” And ran, she did.