InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ the treasure ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter three: The Treasure

AN: Thankx to all who have read and those who have read and reviewed. I will do my best to keep this story movin' as planned.

So you all are not confused, I have been asked, `Where was Sesshoumaru in the first place?' Well the answer to that is mainly just going out for another one of his walks. Basically I just needed him to be wondering around the forest, if he didn't I wouldn't have a story and I wouldn't be anywhere! Ok! Now that is solved....uhh...I was gonna say something important and ..I forgot.

Well ok, once again I'll stop yabbin' my lips off and go on with the chapter.

*******

The whole gang stood dazed. Shippo got off of Kirara and stood between her and Inu-Yasha. Everyone was silent. Inu-Yasha was the one to break the silence with a loud and angry growl. Kagome, surprised a bit, looked at him and then back at the sight.

It was a village all right. It was a large and clean one, it rested perfectly on the grass it was built on. The trees surrounding it gave it a nice touch of perfection as well. It looked like it would be a calm village, but as they watched the activities, they all knew this wasn't a clam day at all. People scattered around, woman were screaming and pushing children into the houses. Men carrying all sorts of farm tools for weapons, ran to the center of the village, where many others were already there. War cries were herd for the men, as some closer to the center of it all were hitting their farm weapons against something. Kagome clenched her hand to her chest, she could hear the yelps and the cries coming from whatever they were hitting. The smoke they saw was caused by a twenty foot bomb fire that was towards the edge of the village. Kagome knew that normally a bomb fire was put together if the village was planing to kill someone or something. Kagome looked back at Inu-Yasha, who had kept his growl at a good steady beat. Inu-Yasha removed the boomerang from his shoulder and chucked it at Miroku. Miroku caught it and stumbled a bit.

"I..Inu-Yasha." Miroku said as Inu-Yasha stomped away from them, his hands clearly seen in a fist. Kagome hopped off of the large Neko's back and took a few steps.

"Stay where you are! This doesn't concern you...!" Inu-Yasha yelled at them, not stopping or turning his head. His pace quickened a bit. Kagome cupped her hands over her mouth to help project her voice.

"And what makes you think the village's problem involves you?!!" Kagome shouted and Inu-Yasha stopped. He was a good ways away, and he turned around to face them. He stomped his foot and stared toughly at the others behind him.

"Because! They're torturing one of my kind!" Inu-Yasha didn't wait for anything after his snap. He turned back around and sprinted with his demon legs to the village. Sango looked at Kagome. Kagome stood in shock for a moment, but was interrupted by Sango's voice.

"One of his kind. Does that mean...Their about to slaughter a half-breed?" Sango asked and Miroku shook his head. Kagome couldn't just stand there anymore. She darted off after him, whatever was making those cries, half-demon or not, it sounded terrified.. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her and not long after, Shippo and Miroku jumped on Kirara's back and dashed off to the village.

*****

Inu-Yasha stopped right outside the village. He kept his eyes in an angry glare on his face. He bit his lip with a fang and stomped in the village, walking passed the blazing fire and past the women that screamed and hid. Some took a look at him and went in the other direction. Inu-Yasha walked his way to the crowd and tapped on the shoulder of a man that was in front of him. The man didn't even turn around to look at him, he only yelled with fury.

"What do you want, you impatient windbag!!! I'm in line here to beat her! Get behind someone else!!" Inu-Yasha took a step back in rage. His golden moons for eyes narrowed as he growled and hissed in his throat. He lifted a hand and with one bend of his fingers, cracked them all.

"Inu-Yasha!" Inu-Yasha turned around to see Kagome behind him, her hands holding onto her shirt. Her fingers keeping a good grip on the cloth, her face red from her run. Sweat dripped down her face and her mouth was wide opened and huffing for air. Behind her stood Miroku and Shippo, Sango was leaning on her boomerang for some support and Kirara was back in her kitten for and sitting by her master's foot. Inu-Yasha's eyes glared at them.

"I told you to stay put!" He growled at them, his eye contact on Kagome. Kagome waved her hands in the air a mimicking way.

"And when have I actually taken your warning a hundred percent to mind?" Kagome stood on her toes giving Inu-Yasha her own angry eye. Inu-Yasha looked away and then turned around, recracking his knuckles.

"Fine. Stay if you want. But we are gonna do it my way!" He shouted and his hand became a fist again and he socked the man who gave him sass a few moments ago. His raged fist nailed the man in the back of the head and the villager fell forward with a small gasp. No one seemed to take a notice to that one man, so Inu-Yasha walked to the one in front of the sassy, passed out man. He didn't bother going around the fallen man, instead, he just stood on him; he implied all his weight on his body, not letting a single gram go to waste. Inu-Yasha growled again and reached his clawed hand out to the next person. He grabbed the collar of the next man and threw him backwards with his demon strength. He took a step and pushed another out of the way, he continued and the ones that refused to budge he shoved, threw, and or, or punched. Kagome, Sango, Shippo, and Miroku all followed him. Unlike Inu-Yasha, they tried not to walk on the fallen villagers.

Kagome kept her eyes on Inu-Yasha's back, he seemed so protective over this. She looked at the ground, she remembered the other half-breed they met. He lived on a hill with his mother and their herbal garden. His name was Jinenji, and he was feared and hurt by the villagers of his lad. Jinenji was a large demon, and was blamed for all the human murders that had been going around. Kagome took in a breath and slowly released it, remembering the kind face Jinenji had, and how gentle he was. With her and Inu-Yasha's help, they were able to prove his innocence and after the large half-breed showed some kindness to the villagers, they finally accepted him. Kagiome smiled, liking how that adventure turned out. She noticed, that even then, Inu-Yasha stood up for Jinenji and protected him. Kagome looked back up at the dog-demon's back.

`He knows what it's like to be mistreated. I can't blame him for wanting to help others like him. All those threats and beatings...No one should go through that.' Kagome touched her cheeks gently with her fingertips, to be honest she felt like crying. She closed her eyes and sighed, then her head hit something soft. She opened her eyes and saw bright red. She looked up to see that Inu-Yasha had stopped, and that they were now in the center of the circle. The ring around them was a decent size, Kagome knew it was due to Inu-Yasha's brutality. She looked behind her, everyone else was near the edge of ring, Sango leaned on both her boomerang and Miroku. (Well, we all know Miroku ain't complaining!) Shippo hid behind Miroku, Kirara in his arms.

Kagome put a hand on Inu-Yasha's arm lightly. He did not pull away or budge. Instead, she could just feel his muscles tightening as his hand gripped more and more on itself. The palms of his hands were red from his fist shaking. Kagome peeked out from behind Inu-Yasha, she could hear his heavy breathing and wondered what the villagers were up to. Kagome's eyes widened and her mouth made a gasping sound. She place the hand that was not on In-Yasha's arm over her mouth; her other hand tightened its grip on Inu-Yasha's sleeve.

First Kagome noticed lots of little splatters of red. The land looked like a cupcake covered with red sprinkles; parts of the land looking like a waffle covered with strawberry syrup, flowing over the ground, staining the pure earth. Her eyes followed the small river of blood to the source of it. There was a small bundle laying in the center. It was small and tucked their head under their chin, their black tattered cloak hiding their body. It shook violently and rocked itself to calm itself down. Kagome herd Inu-Yasha grunt, then softly whisper to her, so only she could hear.

"Kagome. I want you to go check it out. I'm sure you could do the best job to calm it down then any of us." Kagome looked up at Inu-Yasha and for the first time they reached the village, he looked her in the eye. His golden moons were soft, she could see a touch of worry that she normally could never see. "Don't worry. I'll keep these humans in line." Inu-Yasha reassured her of her safety. Kagome nodded and her grip on his sleeve loosened and she slowly took a few steps to the injured being. She cold feel the glares from the villagers hit her back, bruising her with their force. As she came closer to the being, it never looked up from under its cloak and never stopped shaking. Kagome stopped walking just when she was only a few inches away. Her eyes softened as she saw just how small it was. Whatever it was, it seemed to be the size of Shippo when they first found him, maybe just a bit bigger.

Kagome slowly dropped to her knees. She place a hand on the shaking creature and it jumped in shock. Kagome did not remove her hand, but slowly and softly stroked its back. She softly hummed a lullaby, the first thing that came to her head. Inu-Yasha kept a sharp eye on the villagers and watched every move they made. When he saw one get out a line, he bared his fangs and released a loud and angry growl. Sango and Miroku, along with Shippo, watched Kagome.

After a few seconds, she placed both hands on the being's back and rubbed it gently, still humming the lullaby that she started. Her voice was soft, only loud enough for the small creature to hear her. The unknown being moved and Kagome kept touching it gently. It backed up a bit, its head still hidden. It sat up, and Kagome could make out the face. Kagome's heart ached at the sight of the poor thing's face. It was a little girl, her body was still cloaked in her cloth and her hair, that looked like a glowing midnight black was wet and dirty, and it plastered on her face. The child's face shape couldn't be fully seen, but her silver eyes shined in the darkness of her hood. Dirt, dried and new fresh blood covered her face. Kagome looked at the small child and then noticed she was clenching onto something with her hands. Kagome wasn't the only one who noticed, so did one of the villagers from the ring that was beside them did too. As quick as a man could get he took his mettle plow and hit the child in the back of the head. A large yelp and smack was herd. The child fell forward into Kagome's lap. Kagome could hear sobs, and her little hands clenching onto her skirt.

The villager who hit her walked over to them and picked up what the child had dropped when she fell, a small loaf of bread.

"You lil' thief!!! How dare ya' steal from us after we put up with you and your mother all these years!? Letting you two disgraces stay in our village?! She dies and you are still allowed to call this place your home. Isn't that enough for you? You greedy lil' ingrate!!" The man scolded and kicked dirt onto the child and Kagome. The man straightened himself up, proud, and turned around, only to bump into an angry half-breed. The villager looked up into the golden eyes of Inu-Yasha, Inu-Yasha still shaking with rage, his fangs showing and his fists clenched.

"Her Mother dies. And by the looks of this village I say no one even tried to take care of her. She has no connection to get food....and you punish her for trying to survive in a hell like this?!" Inu-Yasha growled and lifted a hand and cracked his knuckles. "You wanna give that back to her?" The villager only looked at the demon with disgust. Inu-Yasha glared, "You have a bonfire going..Were you planning on killing her?"

"And if we were?" The villagers around them began shouting and roaring in rage. Inu-Yasha shot his golden demon glare at the ring and the man in front of him.

"As I take it, you want her off your hands. What if I do that for you?" Inu-Yasha asked. Kagome's eyes widened, was he saying he'd take her along without a complaint? Kagome could feel her face begin to grow warm and her heart beat quickened. The villager scuffed at Inu-Yasha.

"Do what you want with her. The little thief ain't welcome here no'ore!" The villagers shouted in agreement. Inu-Yasha smirked at the man and gave him a `Fine!' glance. The villager took a step away from Inu-Yasha. Inu-Yasha lifted a hand and extended a finger and caught the man by the inside of his collar. The man jerked back. He looked at the demon who stopped him. Inu-YAsha showed a fang.

"For taking her off your hands, you owe me. How about that loaf? Who's going to eat it after she, a filthy thief, touched it? Besides it'll keep her full until we make dinner." Inu-Yasha extended his other hand for the loaf. The villager grunted and glared at the demon, then shoved the loaf in his hand. Inu-Yasha released him and held onto the loaf by his side. Inu-Yasha gave the villagers one last glance and they began to move; picking up their things and going back to their work. Inu-Yasha walked over to Kagome and the girl, he looked down at them. Kagome looked up at him, her face warm and red, small tears on the edges of her eyes.

"Inu-Yasha...You really want another around us?" Kagome asked. Inu-Yash snorted in the air.

"Better with us then...with these scum balls." Inu-Yasha replied. "Come on...lets get out'ta here." Inu-Yasha turned his back to them and walked off. He ignored the looks people still gave him and walked over to the others. He retook Sango's boomerang and carried it over his shoulder and walked to the exit. Kirara grew into her large body in a large flame, Sango and Shippo jumped on her back and Miroku walked by the Neko's side. Kagome tapped the small creature on the shoulder and the little girl looked up at her. Kagome smiled.

"Hey. Your more then welcome to come with us. You wont be harmed. Inu-Yasha may look mean, but he was very worried about you. There's even a kitsune a few years older then you that you can talk to." Kagome patted the little girl's head and the small girl blankly stared back. Kagome stood and the girl still sat on the ground. Kagome reached out her hand, "You wanna come?" The little girl reached out her hand and took the one given to her. Kagome saw that the child's hands were cut, bloody, and covered in dirt and scum. Kagome made no sign of disgust, but held the child's hand gently and helped her up. Side by side the two walked after the others. The little girl wobbled and staggered as she moved and Kagome kept at the girl's steady yet slow pace.

When they reached the exit, Inu-Yasha was waiting there for her and the others on Kirara, were already walking. Kagome knew that they wanted to get as far away from the village as soon as possible.

*******

Ok I'm gonna stop it here. I kinda got a writers block x.x. But I'll get caught up on the next chapter! Review please. I love reviews! Peace out!