InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ the 'fun' filled night ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A `Fun' filled night

AN: Hi all readers. This is the fourth chapter of `I am who I am". It took me a while to get to this chapter because I was in the middle of a Gravitation fic titled, `The Horror." But now that I finished that story I'll be able to focus on this one for a while.

Enjoy

*********

Sun set had finally come to the land at last. The sky was held a plum tan and the sun sank into the far hills that lay in front of them. The gang crossed the grass a bit slowly, for their new guest wasn't very fond of fast movements. Inu-Yasha led the group, as usual, his red swaying in the wind alongside his moonlight hair. Miroku and Sango, and of course Kirara, followed after him, Sango keeping a steady hand on her boomerang. Kagome walked her bike, she wasn't very far in front of Shippo, who walked alongside their new companion. Kagome looked behind her at them. The girl kept her face hidden in her hood and her head was always down, looking at her feet. Shippo looked straight ahead, Kagome could tell that he wanted to say something, start a talk or a fight, anything, but he seemed to uneasy to say anything. Very rare for Shippo.

Kagome looked ahead again and then at the quickly fading sun and the darkening sky. She could feel the pull on her bike and she had to use her upper arm strength to keep moving forward, they were going up a hill. Not a large one but still a hill.Everyone stayed silent until they got to the top of the hill.

"We will camp here tonight. Kagome..start dinner." Inu-Yasha instructed as they all caught up to him and enjoyed the view. Kagome knew why he wanted to stop here, there was one large tree in the center and Inu-Yasha would be able to see in all directions for any danger. Kagome nodded at Inu-Yasha.

"Sure. I'll just go put my bike against that tree over there. Miroku could you go get some firewood?" Miroku nodded and walked out into the woods. Kagome walked to the tree and leaned her bike up against them. Sango put Kirara down and she sniffed about and then walked calmly into the woods surrounding the hill.

"Ok. Kirara enjoy your walk and don't go too far!" Sango shouted and Kirara `Mewed' in response. Sango went to Kagome and sat next to her and watched Kagome go through her large yellow magic bag, looking for the noodles that were kept in a round desposable bowl. Before long Kagome had all the items she would need laid out neatly.

The two girls saw Shippo sitting next to the new girl on the side of the hill. Both of their heads were up and looking forward. Neither of them seemed to want to move from their spots, waiting for the stars to come out. Both girls smiled.

Shippo's head was faced directly ahead, but his eyes were in the corners of his sockets as he really gazed at the hooded girl. She hadn't said a word since they found her, and it was bothering him because he didn't know what to say. He wanted to maybe crack a joke or say something to tick Inu-Yasha off, just for some movement. But her stillness made him feel uneasy about doing something outrageous at that moment. A breeze his the and the girl held onto her cloak and Shippo lifted his head up high, loving the soft breeze, feeling his hair soar in the invisible source. He loved the wind, it carried so many scents. He inhaled when a scent caught his attention.

He turned his head to face the silent girl. He knew the scent had come from her, but he never got a good sniff of it. She had a human scent twisted within her demon scent. So it was clear that she was a half-breed, just like Inu-Yasha. But there was something strange about her demon scent. It was familiar yet strangely different. He just couldn't get his finger on it. He shrugged and looked straight ahead again. He'll ask Inu-Yasha what he thinks later.

At the tree, Kagome and Sango were talking to each other, Inu-Yasha taking the role as lookout on a high tree branch. The two girls heard a `Mew' and they both turned their heads as they saw Kirara approach them and sit in Sango's lap. Sango smiled and patted her Neko's head. Kirara dropped two small round objects in Sango's lap. Sango looked down and picked up one.

"What did you bring us, Kirara?" Sango asked as she popped the one she picked up in her mouth and chewed on it. Her lips pulled into a smile and she handed the second one to Kagome. "Try this berry, it's delicious!" Kagome took it and put it into her mouth and a `mmm!' Escaped her lips. It was indeed a delightful taste to the mouth.

"That would make a great dessert. We haven't had any type of treat since the day I came back with all those chocolates." Kagome said remembering how Inu-Yasha made a fuss over the candy because Shippo had a bigger piece then him, then ten seconds later denying that he was having a temper tantrum. Just like every night, that night ended his big mouth with a `sit'".

Sango nodded at Kagome and put Kirara on the ground and stood up.

"Ok. Kirara and I will go get some for after dinner. Miroku should be back shortly with the fire wood you asked him to get. We will be back in a little bit. Ok Kirara show me where you found the berries!" Sango said happily, it had been a while since her last walk in the woods alone peacefully. Kirara went `MEEEWWWW!' and trotted in the woods, leading her master to the bush where the berries were located.

Kagome sat under the tree alone, and looked up to Inu-Yasha. He was sitting proudly, his mane blowing in the wind with grace. Kagome leaned her head up against the trunk of the tree and her cheeks became warm and her face flushed softly. The breeze catching her own hair in the wind.

Sango followed Kirara not too far into the calm woods. It was a lovely sunset, it was just light enough still so you could see perfectly. Kirara led her to a bush that was small and stout and filled with the delicious berries she brought samples of just a few moments ago. Sango smiled and patted her companion on the head and bent down and began plucking ripe ones from the bush and putting them in her kimono, which she held up with one hand, making it a small bowl for the berries. She hummed and Kirara grabbed a few off the bush with her mouth, placing them in the kimono bowl, eating a few.

Miroku picked up another small twig. He sighed and shook his head, there really was no good fire wood anywhere in this forest. He knew Kagome and the others were waiting for him to bring it so dinner could get started. And he didn't feel like getting Inu-Yasha impatient and irritable, especially with a new child around. He nodded and knew that in order to make a good fire he would have to collect twice as much as twigs as he normally would have to. His eyes searched the ground as he journeyed.

His eyes saw it. There was a perfect fire stick. It was nice and round long and thick perfect to keep a flame a blaze. He bent down to pick it up with his wrapped up hand. He immediately released the stick when he realized it was covered in sap. His cloth covered, cursed hand was soaking in the sticky mess. He swung his hand in the hair, but it did little good. The stuff clung to him tightly. He looked around for water, so he could wash it off when his eyes saw...heaven.

He saw...Sango's rear swaying in the air, her head was hidden, but her rear was way up there. It danced as she was humming, but to him, she was calling him. His eyes watched her moving back side and his feet were possessed and he began walking blindly to her.

Sango hummed and then dropped all her berries. A look of disgust on her face. She turned her head to see Miroku's face, a dazed expression on it, his cursed hand felling her rump. Sango growled and Miroku woke up and gazed into the angry eyes of Sango. He gave her a sheepish smile and he made the attempt to remove his hand, when her fabric went with him. He looked down, his cursed sapped hand was stuck on her cloth. He coughed.

"Well this is awkward....." He said and Sango, growled even louder and slapped him.

"Get you hand off me!" She yelled and he didn't. She became furious and she smacked him a few more times, his hand not able to get off her rear. Miroku tried to tug his hand from her cloth taking steps away from Sango. Alas, his hand wouldn't detach itself and he didn't get farther from Sango either. They ended up walking in a circle the whole time. Sango slapped him even more.

"Let go! Sicko! Sick, nasty...Houshi!"

"Sango..I can't! It's not my fault..my hand..its cursed and stuck to you..." Miroku wined. But it only got stronger and more powerful hits from Sango.

About an hour later, the food was cooking. The two children were in the same spot as when they arrived. Inu-Yasha watched the noodles cook, impatiently. Kagome yelled at him if his nose got too close to the food, and in her lap was Sango's Kimono, she was sewing it together. Sango was behind the tree, in her warrior cloths. She didn't want to go near Miroku. Miroku sat across from Kagome and Kirara licked his hand with had the sap on it. His hand also had an extra piece of cloth on it. A piece from Sango's Kimono was glued there. Miroku sighed. It hurt him to sight. His face was all discolored from the hand prints. He was hit in the same spot so many times, that some hand prints were purple instead of red. But he was a happy man...never in his life had he held onto a rear as long as he just now had....

*************

AN that' the end of CH4. Hope you liked it. It was just a comical thing I wanted to get into the story. My friends found it funny. Well I hope you enjoyed it. And remember. I love reviews so review!

7