InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ Daddy? ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's note


Ok peeps read this- This weekend I'll be going to volley ball camp, it lasts three days and then I'll be out getting ready for my vacation trip to Cali to visit ALL of my reletives (not exagerating on ALL). Then I'll be leaving for my trip on July 27 and I doubt I will be able to update there. So then I wont be coming back until next month abd then..school will start a few days after I return. DAMN NABBIT! And once school starts again I have to do all of my homework and crap before I can get on the comp (stupid rules) so my updates will once again become one update every two to three weeks, and I'm working on three to four stories. Each story will have to wait until I can get to it, it might be a while between updates.


So in other words, If you think I should have this fic first on my list, let me know. For If you don't I'll randomly pic a fic to continue and it may not be this one. But I wont know unless you tell me.


Now, onto the story.


*******************


Daddy?



The day shinned like no other. The sun hung high in the sky, smiling down onto the world, sharring its warmth. Shika and Shippo ran through the flowery field one more time before they had to leave it, starting on their journey again. The two little ones rolled on the ground, laughing, giggling, pushing each other, chasing, jumping, and had fun. Kirara leaped over to them to join them. The two small demons allowed the even smaller demon to join them in their festivities. After running in circles and just having a good ol' time, the two children sat on the ground, waiting for the others to get ready. They watched clouds together and Kirara crawled into Shika's small lap and curled up. Shika leaned back, letting one hand support her body as the other one rested on the small fire demon's back. Shippo sat close to her this time, not paying attention to the clouds like Shika did. He eyed his new companion from the corner of his eye. His heart raced as his hand slowly came to her. He gently rested his hand on top of hers. She made no sudden jerk, just turned her head and smiled at him. Shippo smiled back and looked back up at the sky, his hand taking a small grip on her hand.


The older members of the group looked the way of the children. Kagome and Sango, both with smiles on their faces.


"Looks like those two are getting along." Kagome said, looking towards th dog demon. Inu-Yasha turned his eyes to them again, Shippo's tail fluffed around with a little swoosh. The golden eyes of the demon looked back at the ground, with a small grunt escaping him.


"Those two are just too cute together." Sango added to Kagome's statement and Miroku nodded. Once again Inu-Yasha loudly grunted and walked away from the group and towards the kids. He knew he had never been good with all that cute crap. He just felt uneasy when people talked that way. He just felt...out of place. Even though he would never admit it aloud, he thought they were somewhat cute. There he admitted it to himself! That's as far as it will go to. Are you happy world?! He just told himself that he thought the kitsune was actually cute, but..Shika did help that part out...alot. He approached the kids and turned his back to them instantly, yelling at the rest.


"Oi!!! What are you just standing there for? Are we gonna get walking or not?!" The two children jumped at his yelling and the rest of the gang looked at him strangely. He grunted and growled at them, calling them slow. The three small demons looked up at the Inu. Shippo was surprised to find a smile on Shika's face as she gazed up at the other demon. It was like there wasn't a sad moment in her life, there was nothing to make her frown. That smile had made its mark on her face.


It wasn't long before the rest of the gang had caught up to the Inu and the children and they all started walking again. They crossed the wide field and walked into another area with thick woods. Kagome was surprised how many woods Japan had back in this time. In her time, there were only select parks, and even there, there are playgrounds with giggling children on it. The trees consumed the light of the sun as they entered the tree filled area. A dim light now surounded them and it was also cooling. The humans had broken a small sweat and the shade felt good against them.


Shippo was walking beside Shika again, she just wouldn't leave his side (not that he was complaining or anything). He was used being the one that followed everyone else around, it felt good to have someone look up to him, but he also had to admit that he kind of looked up to her. He always found the bad things in a situation and she...no matter how bad, she had a smile on her face. She always seemed happy, she had a thing about her that made everyone feel warm and want to smile along with her. Shippo was sure that everyone was just as surprised as he was that her hard life didn't effect her in a negative way. Or did it? Did it bother her and the only way she can overcome it is with a smile? Even if her smiles were ment to hide something painful, Shippo knew, that each smile was a true blue smile. Not everyone can smile like that. To hold nothing back and just smile, no matter what had just happened a few minutes earlier. Shippo had a feeling that if Sesshomaru dismissed her, she'd be smiling a day later. It just seemed like it would be her. Once again his hand moved and took her hand in his. She made no movement, just smiled. Inu-Yasha, who brought in the rear this time, saw this. He jolted his head to the side, taking his eyes off the sight.


Suddenly a small breeze blew passed them and Inu-Yasha growled loudly. Everyone else stopped as they herd the angery sound protruding from the throat of the hanyou. Inu-Yasha had his gaze fixed in front of them, his eyes were narrow and harsh. His growl was constant and loud. He raised a hand and cracked his knuckles, a fang bitting his lower lip. Everyone took a few steps back towards the frisky Inu, looking where he was. Inu-Yasha took a few steps from the crowd that had surounded him, now standing as the leader. Kagome drew her bow and arrow and got them aimed in the direction their Inu friend was looking in. Her hand held it steadily, her muscles shaking lightly.


Smoke worked their way through the trees as a cloud vanished, lowering to the ground. A shadow had approached them their eyes glowing red. Shika shivered slightly and hid behind Shippo, clinging to his back, her hands holding tightly to his cloths and her ears pressed against her head. Inu- Yasha grunted and growled some more, his hand now placed on the handle of his sword.


"Show yourself, you bastard!" He shouted into the trees.


"Inu-Yasha, surrender the Tetsusaiga. Or die." Came the harsh mellow voice.


"Feh. Another one of those stunts eh?" Inu-Yasha smirked.


Sesshomaru walked out from the shadows, not yet revealing his new arm. His glare was simply on the half breed.


"I will recieve that sword."


"Over my dead body, Sesshomaru!!!" Inu-Yasha charged at his older brother, his hand ready to unsheath his sword.


'Sess..show...ma..ru...?'


The full demon glared at the charging half breed, cracking his own knuckles.


"If that is how you want it, you little half breed."


"Daddy?"


TBC


******************************


Well I decided to end that chapter there.


Remember if you like my fic and want me to have it on the top of my list of updates..let me know. I wont know which fic to do if you don't tell me.

Ja ne

oh and Review please!