InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ Hopeless ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Greetings, I have returned from my vacation, finally, and I am able to update. Though I will be here, I will not always beable to update. So instead of an update everyother day, it will be maybe one or two updates every couple of weeks.


But enough with my rattling, lets continue on with the next chapter.


****************************


Inu-Yasha had ripped out his father fanged sword and ran at the other demon fast as the wind. He raised it above his shoulder and swung down at his target. Sesshomaru swiftly moved his new arm in a semi circle motion, deflecting the sword's swing. Thrown back, Inu-Yasha only saw it as a minor set back and charged again, giving Sesshomaru another down blow. The new arm of the older demon showed itself, holding the sword and the demon attached to it in the air. Inu-Yasha grunted and clentched his teath, fangs showing. The older demon smirked and with a flick of his arm, threw the halfling on the floor. As stubborn as he is, Inu-Yasha rose to his feet, sword clentched with both hands, and growling under his breath. His golden eyes looked at the scaled and clawed hand Shesshomaru had now attached to himself. It looked like a previous hand and Inu-Yasha smirked to himself.


"Hey, Sesshomaru. Haven't you already tried a dragon arm?" He lifted his sword from the ground and pointed the tip at the arm. Sesshomaru eyes stayed calm and cool, his voice sharp and crisp as he spoke.


"Why don't you attack and see if the outcome will be the same, Inu-Yasha." Sesshomaru lifted the silver scaled arm before his chest. And Inu-Yasha charged at full force again, only to be caught in mid attack again. Sweat dripped off of his forehead as he pushed all his muscles to their limit against this arm obsticle. It wouldn't budge, it was hard like..like..steel. Inu-Yasha grunted in frustration and Sesshomaru took in pride of the anger he caused.


Small and uncertain feet stood before them, not far from the battle. They slightly shivered, but stood their ground. The owner of these feet could be seen in the corner of Inu-Yasha's eyes, and his loud grunt was herd again.


"D-Daddy?" A small voice called. Sesshomaru made no movement, his only interest was the fight at hand. Inu-Yasha looked to the ground his mind hurting from thinking as his arms did from this motionless position.


"Shika come back here!" Came Kagome's voice, calling the small child back away from the fight, knowing just how rough it could get. The small girl made no movements, she stayed where she was, her hands holding each other and her eyes watching the two.


Inu-Yasha thought, his mind only mildly paying attention to Sesshomaru's being (a very rare thing indeed!). 'I can't attack him. No matter how much I want to...even if I find away to defeat his cursed arm...Shika. She'll see me as the one attacking him, to her, her father. Even if she doesn't know what kind of bastard he is. She doesn't know better. She doesn't know the truth. I'll look like the bad guy to her. I..I won't crush her trust over this.'


Inu-Yasha didn't wait for Sesshomaru to throw him off, he grunted and jumped back, landing only a few inches away from the small half breed child. His eyes glared at his brother as he put his sword away.


"I don't have time for this crap." He turned away, back twords the other demon, and walked towards the child. He lightly took her hand and walked on, lightly tugging her. "Come on, now is not a good time, Shika. Hey get walking! What are you waiting for? An invitation?!" Inu-Yasha yelled at the other who just stared and then slowly walked on. Shika looked up at the red clothed demon, who had taken her hand. She walked gently with him, but her glance turned to Sesshomaru, the one she believed to be her father. He was just as lovely as her mother had described him, but she forgot one thing. He did not look all that gentle to her, he looked tough and mean at the moment. Another thing bothered her. Why was Inu-Yasha taking her away? Why were they fighting in the first place? He had taken so much care of her and Shippo said he liked her. Why was he doing this? Taking her away? She didn't understand.


Inu-Yasha watched the backs of the others as they walked. His eyes looked at Shika. Her face was in the direction of his brother and her eyes showed confussion. He knew she was confused, over everything. His free hand reached into his robes and his fingers felt around until a soft item touced them. Hsi fingers grabbed the item and brought it halfway out of his cloths. He rubbed and stared at the flowery circle that was on his head not too long ago. He clentched his fingers around it, and bared his teeth in determination. 'I will keep her safe. I found her and took her away from the hell of a village. I'll protect her, from every single harm.'


Sesshomaru stood where he was left and watched his borther leave with the rest of his sorry group. It seemed that he had added another member to it, no matter, it was just a child. It could do no harm, worthless. What really got to him was the fact that Inu-Yasha would infact turn away from their fight. His eyes narrowed and his body began to heat up with anger. He moved his dragon arm and raised it in the air as he stommped over to them.


"Inu-Yasha. How dare you turn your back on me! You worthless half breed!" Inu-Yasha caught the sight of Sesshomaru behind him and felt the pressure against his leg that Shika cause, most likely afraid. Inu-Yasha growled, stuffed the flowers back, and wrapped his arms around her tightly in a manner of protection. He soon felt sharp stabs that were caused by a slashing of Sesshomaru's dragon claws. The others herd a scream that came from Shika and turned around faster then a demon's attack and ran back to the battle grounds, Kagome dropping her bike where it was.


Sesshomaru stood over the two others. Inu-Yasha's side bled and he bared his teeth from the constant sting. Shika shut her eyes and clung to the red coated demon. Sesshomaru watched as the small thing quivered. He was slightly interested in her suddenly. He had never seen Inu-Yasha protect on of his gang members the way he did this child, except for the two human wenches. The others he just pushes out of the demon's fire. So why did he take the time to protect this one child with his body? Sesshomaru herd the angry growls that were ment for him. His gaze went back to Inu-Yasha.


A breeze passed by and the scent of blood went through his nose. Smelling Inu-Yasha's blood usually made him content, but there was something about this scent. Something wrong with it. There was something else mixed in it. His eyes looked around curiously, noticing a small clentched hand, grasping at his brother. It was small, shaking, and bleeding. Was it this child's blood that was intangling with Inu-Yasha's scent? It was strange. It smelled the same, but different. Sesshomaru's ears picked up a sound and his attention went back to Inu-Yasha.


"You smell it don't you? Her blood that is." Inu-Yasha's voice was raspy but his sentances were sharp and to the point. "Have any idea why?" The tall demon stayed silent, holding the two under his gaze.


"She is a half breed." The dragon armed demon said. Inu-Yasha smirked.


"Your half breed." Inu-Yasha met his brother's gaze as Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow.


"Sesshomaru! You better not harm her! I swear if there is a single hair missing on her head-" Came a shout from Kagome, joined with the others.


"Calm down Kagome, let me handle it." Said Shippo, cutting her off in mid sentance. He took a breath and a step forward. "Sesshomaru! If you harm her in any way, I'll personally see that-"


"Will you both let me handle this?!!!" Inu-Yasha shouted, angerly. Shippo gulped and stood by Kagome.


Inu-Yasha glared back at his brother. "Don't you appreciate how good we've taken care of your little half breed?" Sesshomaru stared down at him.


"What are you suggesting, Inu-Yasha?"


"Don't you comprehend something this simple?" Inu-Yasha grunted.


"That thing is not mine." Sesshomaru stated his words bluntly. Shika's eyes opened wide at it and Inu-Yasha growled loudly.


"She isn't a thing!" Inu-Yasha was surprised to see that Sesshomaru turned his own back on him.


"Inu-Yasha. I now am in no mood to fight you."


"She carries your mark on her forehead, baka!"


"It doesn't belong to me. It is not mine, dirty half breed." With that, Sesshomaru was gone. Inu-Yasha found him yelling into empty space.


"She isn't an 'it' or a 'thing'! You damn bastard!" The rest of the gang slowly approached them. Kagome walked up first to them, her aid box with her. She had rushed to go retrieve it from her bag after screaming at Sesshomaru.


"Inu-Yasha. Your hurt. Let's bandge you up." Kagome spoke softly, for she knew he was in a pissy mood. She could hear his growls deep with in his chest. What surprised her was how he clung to the younge demon. His arms, though bloody and sore, did not loosen around her. His snow white ears were down against his head. He was really feeling it...anger..sorrow...determination..all at once. Then again. He knew what Shika had been going through. Not to be wanted, just because of what you are. To have nothing and survive on your own. Kagome knew, that because of this and who she was, Inu- Yasha wasn't going to let her be alone. He saved her once from death at the village and then again from Sesshomaru, her own father and now is all confused. She knew, he would do everything he posibly could to keep her safe, just like he did with herself.


Kagome sat there staring at the young demon who shivered in the arms of the much larger demon. She watched as the silver haired demon tried his best not to let the small one feel alone, something he felt for years.


TBC


************************


Well that concludes that chapter. I felt kind of sorry for Shika when Sesshomaru was adressing her as a 'thing' and an 'it'. ;.;


Well did ya like this chapter? Did ya hate it? Let me know with a review.


See ya next update!


Ja ne.