InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ The full moon ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Welcome one and all to another chapter of "I am who I am". I am very content with this story, I personally think it is going very well. Thank you to all that have read and reviewed. If you are one of those readers that just reads..stop take two seconds from you busy reading life and review please. Let me know what you think. I am debating between two endings and your reviews let me know if you like the direction I'm going in or is I should change it a bit to fit the requirments for entertainment. Well I'll stop yappin. Enjoy.


The night of the full moon



It was the day after the encounter with the stubborn demon. Everyone walked in silence that morning, Inu-Yasha leading with Shika then Sango walked next to Kagome, who pushed her bike slowly, then followed by Shippo and Miroku. Kagome looked straight at the ground, watching the dirt as her wheels of her bike rode on top of it. Inu-Yasha's tension was still touchable and she never like awkward silence such as this, but stayed quiet so not to piss off a certain dog. Kagome's eyes looked up at the two halfbreeds in front of her. The one dressed in red walked stiffly, his ears twitching now and then, meaning he was in deep thought. The much smaller black-haired demon stood beside the other, her small hands clentching tightly onto the bright red sleeve, not letting the being go. Kagome felt a new tension in the group and turned her head to face the two behind her. To her surprise, Shippo had a war face planted on and he looked as if he was ready to kill something. Kagome, feeling uncomfortable, turned her head back around. Shippo's eyes glared as he watched Shika's hands hold on tighter and tighter to Inu-Yasha's sleeve, oh what he would give just to murder that silver half breed mutt! He loved it when Shika depended on him and held onto him and kept him company as he would comfort her. Just seeing her hang onto Inu-Yasha made him want to just blow his top. Shippo could feel his face burn as he glared, Kagome tried to look straight ahead and not worry about the frightening aura the little fox was giving off.


Silent time went by when Kagome looked up to the sky, She could see a full dull cirlce in the sky.


"Looks like tonight is the full moon." She siad, hopeing to get a nice responce to lift some tension, but she got, "So what? It just means the new moon's coming soon!" From an agressive dog demon growl. She nibbled on her finger and went back to silence. Sango, seeing her friend in self defeat, added, "Well we'll half to be careful, Sesshomaru's favorite night to wounder around are the full moon nights." She just got a grunt from the dog demn. Sango noticed Shika's head look up toward the sky, straght at the semi visible full moon in the sky, then her hands clentch tighter onto the sleeve she hung on. Then sudeenly, a growl was herd. Before anyone could stop it, Shippo had jumped onto Inu-Yasha's back, his teeth sinking into Inu-Yasha's upper shoulder. The dog demon grunted and growled as he tried to swipe at the fox, but the clever little demon hand sunk down on his back where Inu-Yash couldn't reach and hung on. For a few moments, Shippo was the itch on Inu-Yasha's back that he couldn't reach. Everyone watched as Inu-Yasha danced around, trying to reach the fox. Shika tilted her head and the moment Shippo saw her he got off his ride and ran over to her, grabbign her hand. He looked back at the silver dog demon, who was rolling up his sleeves to beat him, stuck out his tongue and pulled down the skin below his eye with a finger. That got a growl from the other demon as he charged at the fox, Shippo laughed and ran the other direction, tugging Shika along with him. Inu-Yasha missed the prey and fell on the floor. He watched the two children as they darted away, he growled, jumped to his feet and yelled at the fox, stomping his feet. The little demons had vanished from view, beyond the trees.


Sango, Miroku, and Kagome approached Inu-Yasha. They were quiet until Inu-Yasha broke the silence.


"What the hell got into the runt?" He gruffed, rubbing his shoulder where he was bitten, it being sore. Kagome and Sango giggled.


"Come on Inu-Yasha, it is so obvious." Sango said, reajustng her boomerang.


"What's so obvious? HUH?!"


"Shika was holding onto you for a change." Miroku statted, including himself in the conversation.


"Yeah? SO what?!" Inu-Yasha began to get annoyed and Kagome knew he wasn't getting it, so like always, she was going to have to spell it out for him.


"Shippo was jelous." Kagome explained. "And for a little boy, that feelingcan be hard to handle." Inu-Yasha grew silent and just starred at the direction the two ran off in.


************************


Shippo stopped running and leaned over, his hands on his knees, huffing painfully. Shika sat on her rump on the ground, breathing heavily as well, she hasn't ran that fast since she ran for her life from the villagers. Shika, catching her breath, looked around where they had stopped. It was a grassy area, with a lake surrounded by flowers of all shapes and colors. She looked up at Shippo, who was looking around as well. Shippo's head turned and his gaze met Shika's. Ther was an awkward silence as the Kit sat next to the Pup. Shippo looked at his feet, not really knowing why he he attacked Inu-Yasha or ran away with Shika. His eyes slowly looked back up at the other demon's light gaze and felt himself become warm under the sparkling eyes. He turned his head looking around at all the flowers, when something caught his eye.


Shika watched as Shippo stood up and walked away from her, rustling in a few bushes. She sat confused as the fox walked over to her again. He sat beside her and fiddled with her hair, then placed a small stem with a giant purple blossom on it in her hair above her ear. Shippo then sat still behind her, his eyes avoiding hers, his face warmer then it has ever been. Shika starred at the back of his head for a while, her eyes big. What she did next sent chills up the Kitsun's body. Shika nuzzled his neck, Shippo's tail fur stood on end, looking more like a piece of cotton candy. Shippo turned his head to look at her as she continued to nuzzle him, making him feel proud that he stole her from Inu-Yasha. He put an arm around her and she rested her head on his shoulder . Shippo placed his head ontop of hers, then without thinking, his mouth nibbled on the tip of her ear closest to him. Shika made no movement, just shut her eyes and the two of them stayed motionless for hours.


**********************


It was now sunset and the children still hadn't returned back from the spot they ran from. Kagome was making Ramen for another dinner, Sango sat on the ground, Kirrara in her lap being stroked, and Miroku sat his eyes gazing the suroundings. Everything was the same as every dinner except one thing, Kagomewasn't being harrassed to cook the Ramen faster and faster. Inu-Yasha sat on a hill not to far, laying on his back looking up at the sky. Kagome looked over in his direction, she knew he was worried about the two younge demons and was thinking about what to do next.


Kagome left enough in the warming bowl for two people when the kids got hungery and returned. The others ate and watched the sun fall behind the last hill as the sky grew dark and the full round moon hung in the sky, luminating the sky. Inu-Yasha began growing impatient.


****************************


Shippo's nose twitched and his eyes opened wide. Something wasn't right, a scent in the air had changed and his eyes searched. He felt the girl under him move to sit up, he let her his eyes still scanning. Shika snuck away from his side and walked over to the lake and stood on a rock that was protruding from the water and squatted on it, looking into the water. Shippo noticed she had dissapeared and his heart skipped a beat. He stood up and spun around, his eyes frantically searching for her. When he saw her midnight hair, his heart relaxed. He walked over to her then stopped dead in his tracks at his first true sight of her by the full moon. He sniffed the air around her to make sure it was her, her scent was different but it was still hers. He watched as her head turned to face him, her eyes had lost their demonic sparkle and her skin lost that glow. Scars were visible on her hands, feet, and neck. She looked nothing more then a pale, beaten, skinny human girl.


It dawned on Shippo that she was a half breed, so like Inu-Yasha she had a night where she was mearly a human....but..Inu-Yasha looked practically the same besides his demon looks gone. Shika's whole body looked ill and fragile. Her sagging eyes looked away from the other demon and she hugged her legs, placing her head on her knees, burring her face, afraid. Shippo walked over to her and ran his fingers loosely through her locks. She made no movement and Shippo got the hint she wanted to be alone for now.


"I'll leave a trail for you when you want to come back." Shippo told her quietly, slowly walking away, leaving little crying mushroom seeds behind, trailing her back to where he would be. Shippo turned around to look at her once more, but she hadn't moved from her position. He carried on.


****************************


At the camp site, no one could sleep. Inu-Yasha was making to much noise. He was scruffing, growling, pacing, and talking to himself, mostly cursing the Kitsune. Kagome clung to her sleeping bag, it sounded like Inu-Yasha was about to burst with frustration. Kagome shut her eye tightly, growing frustrated herself when she heard a cry. She sat straight up and looked over to where she was keeping the left overs of dinner. Beside it Shippo sat, holding his head and Inu-Yasha stood above him his fist clentched. Kagome sighed with reliefe that they returned and were ok. 'They'? Kagome looked around, only Shippo could be seen.


"Inu-Yasha. Where's Shika?" Kagome asked and Inu-Yasha quickly looked around him, not seeing her either. He grabbed the fox kit by the tail and held him up side down.


"Where is she...." He growled and Shippo gulped. Shika's frightened, sickly human face flashing in his mind.


"She wanted to be alone." Was all he said, it was all he was comfortable saying, bt it got him dropped on his head. When he sat up there was an angry face infront of his. Growling was herd and he knew he was in trouble.


"And you left her alone?! In the demon infested forrest ON A FULL MOON!!!???" Inu-Yasha's voice rang through everyone's ears, he was pissed. Shippo gulped and looked at the dog demon's face. His golden eyes had a mad man glaze in them and his teeth were showing and bared. "ALONE?!" The demon barked and Shippo found himself begining to quiver under the voice. Inu-Yasha stood up and looked around, everyone stayed where they were and silent. Inu-Yasha sniffed the air, trailing the path that Shippo had come from. He growled and ran off. Shippo gasped and stood on top of the hill.


"Inu-Yasha stop! Shika is-"


"Shut up!"


Shippo fell silent and Kagome walked up to him along with the others. All of them starred at the kitsune.


"Shika is what?" Kagome asked. Shippo gulped.


***************************


Shika sat on her rock, looking at her reflection again. She could see the reflection of the full moon beside her own reflection. The full moon was supposed to be the moon's most beautiful form. The nigt was ment to look so perfect on a full moon. So then why did she look so un pure? So weak? So hidious? She gazed at herself, looking at all the noticeible scars and bruises where she had been beaten in the village. She began to feel her head grow foggy as her nose grew sore and her eyes mist over. She didn't stop the water that flowed down her face and into the lake, rippling her releflection.


"OH WOW! These flowers are so beautiful!" A cheerful voice was herd and Shika's head jolted up and looked to her right. A girl in a yukata was taking buds off of bushes, making a flower boquet. The girl had black hair and it was pulled up into a pony tail to the side of her head. She was humming to herslef as she picked.


"The Lord will surely like these!" Giggled the girl. She turned around, facing Shika. The girl stopped and starred at Shika. Their gaze met perfectly in the night under the full moon.


TBC


************************


Oh what will happen?! Nahaha. I have to go clean house so I had to rap up this chapter, besides I think it is a decent size.


Shippo's jelous and Inu-Yasha becomes a fatherly figure?! O.O Where the hell am I going with this? Read to find out!


Please review and let me know what you think. See you all next update.