InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Can’t Make you Love Me ❯ The Pain Of Loving Someone ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I Can't Make you Love Me

By: bardocksbabygirl

I do not own Inuyasha or the song I can't make you love me.

~~ Song's Lyric's ~~

There they were in front of her kissing. Kagome could her heart breaking as she walked upon Kikyo and Inuyasha kissing. She turned and began running back through the woods. She hoped she could get to the well before anyone would notice her gone.

Inuyasha turned his head to catch a glimpse of Kagome running away from them. He turned to chase after her when he felt a hand grasp his arm.

"Let her go Inuyasha. Stay with me and we can spend all of eternity together in hell." Plainly stated Kikyo

"No Kikyo I can't do that she means too much to me I can't let her leave me." Stated Inuyasha as he pulled his arm away from her.

"What does she mean more to you than me?"

Yes she does. I have to realize that what you and I had was not really love. At least not like what I have for her." As he watched Kikyo's eyes grow wide. "She likes me for me, she has never once asked me to be something I am not. To her it does not matter that I am not human or demon. All that she cares about is that I am myself."

"Well it is to late now she has probably went back to her time." As she began laughing.

Inuyasha took off after the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He heard Kikyo saying that if she couldn't have him that no one would.

~~~Turn down the lights, turn down the bed
Turn down these voices inside my head
Lay down with me, tell me no lies
Just hold me close, don't patronize - don't patronize me~~~

Kikyo stood there and watched him leave.

"You make think you can stop her. But it would be best for her and you if you just let her go. I will kill you both when the time comes." She whispered to her soul catchers as they floated all around her.

They lifted her into the air and flew in the same direction as Inuyasha and her reincarnation went.

All she could think of was when she killed the girl she would have her soul back and Inuyasha would be in her control again. And she could take her revenge out on him.

Even though she knew all along that it was Naruku that had killed her anger was still for Inuyasha and that was all that kept her alive and going was her hate for him.

~~~Cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You can't make your heart feel something it won't
Here in the dark, in these lonely hours
I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power
But you won't, no you won't
'Cause I can't make you love me, if you don't~~~

~~~I'll close my eyes, then I won't see
The love you don't feel when you're holding me
Morning will come and I'll do what's right
Just give me till then to give up this fight
And I will give up this fight~~~

Inuyasha got to the just seconds before Kagome did.

"Please Kagome don't leave, listen to me." Pleaded Inuyasha as he looked at her tear stained face.

"No Inuyasha, I can't stay here any longer. My love for you may be strong, but my heart is fragile and every time I see you and Kikyo together it kills my heart." She said between sobs. "I have to go home, I mean nothing to you. Just go find her and I hope you are both happy."

"No Kagome you can't leave me. Please I don't lov....."

"SIT Boy" as she tore her half of the jewel shards from around her and threw them to the ground and jumped into the well and Inuyasha went crashing to the ground face first.

~~~Cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You can't make your heart feel something it won't
Here in the dark, in these lonely hours
I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power
But you won't, no you won't
'Cause I can't make you love me, if you don't~~~

Inuyasha quickly got up and ran to the rim of the well and look inside she had gone back to her time. He hoped she would come back but he doubted she would.

"But Kagome it is you that I love" whispered Inuyasha a single tear ran down his cheek.

He slowly stood and stated walking back to Keade's village. How was he going to explain this to their friends? Unknown to him a few people saw what was going and each was coming up with their own little schemes on how to kill him and their friends.

Please review. If you leave an email address I will notify you when a new chapter is out. Please read my other stories.